SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FOX News Shep Smith
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: FOX News Shep Smith Reply with quote

At about 1545 EDT Tuesday Shep Smith (who is supposed to be a news anchor, not a commentator/analyst) declared the Swift charges have been proved lies based on Navy records and whined that such falsehoods are affecting Kerry support. This was at least the third time I have seen Shep do this. The first time I e-mailed him he should confine his analysis of military matters to playing with GI Joes.
He is on FOX 3-4 and 7-8 EDT, time blocks I now will devote to CNN or MSNBC.
works4me
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you expect from a Talking Head?

Be Well I am off to ***** to Fox.

Kevin
4moreyears
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine he said in a lamentable sarcastic fashion.
BillGremm
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to thesmokinggun.com Sheperd Smith (who has gotta be the worst reader of a teleprompter in the news industry--watch him he messes up at least a half-dozen types) is a childish "I want that parking space" brat.
He also has the worst visual profile of anybody on TV.
works4me
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without Skinner he's nothing but a Puppet with a Big Head.
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His ratings keep him on the job, but just as the MSN should know, those can change dramatically.
bpilch
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just about threw up listening to Shep. From now on, I will just turn him off. I have been watching Fox religiously, but I am looking for another outlet. I have emailed Fox about 5 times because of various repeating of the democratic spin that it is disproved, without ever airing and discussing the charges....
MikeM
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't be the only one who has to turn off Fox everytime he comes on?
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: FOX News Shep Smith Reply with quote

He has just lost another viewer. Readers like him should focus just on the teleprompter he has no credentials as an analyst and owes the swift boat veterans an apology....complaints should be registered with Fox..

Another way to show displeasure is to contact the sponsor this has worked very effectively for other groups

JK
diane in IL
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does he have the hots for Skinner or what?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An objective reporter, and his Studio B program is not a news analysis program, it's supposed to be straight news, would say that the claims were not backed by available naval records. An objective reporter would not say the claims were lies unless proof was offered to back the claim. Shep has let his bias out for all to see. I tried to link to his Studio B site so that I could send some comment, but the home site for Fox wasn't allowing any direct links to the areas I wanted, which sometimes happens. If anyone has his email address, I'd like to have it.
rekcutt
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: fox Reply with quote

I do not personally like Shep Smith nor his glitty method of doing the news. I think O'Reilly is just in it to line his pockets and he knows liberals money spends as well as conservatives money.

But I must say that Fox is the most balanced TV news source I have found, therefore will accept their weakness as well as their strengths. It is much more acceptable that MSNBC and CNN. Gave up on the MSM years ago.
BB Stacker
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Navy Records" say John Kerry recieved a Silver Star with a V for valor. We now know 2 things.

1: A "V" is not possible on a Silver Star, and

2: The Navy records can be, and sometimes are, wrong.

Now how can we get Shephard Smith to wake up and go back to reporting the facts? How can we get people to look behind the records and into their creation?
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Re: fox Reply with quote

rekcutt wrote:
I do not personally like Shep Smith nor his glitty method of doing the news. I think O'Reilly is just in it to line his pockets and he knows liberals money spends as well as conservatives money.

But I must say that Fox is the most balanced TV news source I have found, therefore will accept their weakness as well as their strengths. It is much more acceptable that MSNBC and CNN. Gave up on the MSM years ago.

I agree about Fox, but not about O'Reilly. O'Reilly is an egotist, the money is secondary for him. Does anyone remember when he thought that he was going displace Rush as number 1 radio personality? Well I do, and it isn't going to happen as long as rush is able to continue. O'Reilly is full of himself, to a fault. As for Shep, he's an eletist, pure and simple. I also remember the parking space indident that was quickly squashed. Shep is the type of person that see's F-ing as infallible, just as he see's himself.

The remarks that the swiftees are liars goes against the grain of a motto claiming to be fair and balanced. But, Shep fails to realize that the remark makes him a liar, because he cannot prove his claim.
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Good-bye Shep and Bill O'Reilly Reply with quote

Dear Shep: I now understand why your T.V. ratings are so low. Swift Boat Vets are telling the truth. Too bad you don't get it. I will be turning you off as will will my family and friends. You and O'Reilly will pay the price. Good Bye!

PS. Here's his email buddies: foxreport@foxnews.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: