SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

kerrys new message!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: kerrys new message! Reply with quote

I was watching kerry address the American Legion this morning. He spewed his usual line of stuff, but when he said "we must stand by those who served as well as those who serve", I almost fell of my chair.
Was the ones that served like the swiftys? or maybe the POWs left behind?
Was those who serve like the warriors in Iraq, who he supported until it was time to give up the money?
This bozo is a walkin-talkin contradiction, very few applauded and you could see him sweating it. They should have cut his mic and showed him the door.

"No man is completely worthless, he can always serve as a bad example" (unknown)
militarybrat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again...he succeeded in changing the subject!!!!
I found it odd that the TV cameras didn't pan the audience....
Maybe it was because in Cinn when the Vets turned their backs on him that wasn't shown either...
I too thought he appeared nervous because he kept rollong his tongue out his jaw on the right side..
I also noticed he had John Glenn with him and only shook hands with those on his right side.....
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:45 pm    Post subject: shifty eyes Reply with quote

His body language was yelling out,"get me out of here", the camera did pan out once that I could see. There was alot of people there, but you wouldnt have known it. The fool must like the way his mouth feels when he says"John McCain", because he said it alot.
Ill bet before the days over someone disects and exposes him!
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He thinks John McCain is his vice presidential running mate.

Name dropper !
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not get a chance to see it. Was there a question-and-answer session? If so, how did it go? Were the vets in uniform? At ANY point, was there applause, even oh-so-polite? Did anyone get up and leave the room? What were the main talking points of Kerry?

When I was in Special Boats, we proudly ran around saying that there was a U.S. Senator that did the same thing in Nam. None of us young´ns knew the true story. I thank you all (speaking on behalf of thousands (sarcasm)) for opening my eyes.

Dane
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was more interested in the audience reaction than any waffle that comes out of his mouth. Anybody know? For all I know it was empty chairs. Semper Fi.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:06 am    Post subject: kerry stumping Reply with quote

The one pan shot was quick hard to see uniforms, the lights were kind of dim. Alot of the claps were only like 15 to 35 people, alot of the time only 8 or nine. stuff like tax free money for vet widows would get more applause, maybe half the crowd for 4or5 secs.
It was funny though, he would be spewing out his dribble and he would hear a single clap then pause , hoping to get a standing ovation, youd hear a few claps then it would happen again.
His theme was talk about what vets deserve, what only he can do, and how him and McCain have done stuff.
He put on his best front, but he must of been bummed out to get such a less than luke warm reception. Frankly, what really bugged me is when he said we need to stand for those who served and are serving,I thought I was gona loose my breakfast burrito! Evil or Very Mad
SusanB
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: Kerry in Nashville Reply with quote

Removed by moderator. This forum is for exposing and discussing John Kerry's fitness to be President, not for discussing the current President.
theflickster
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 3:41 am    Post subject: Re: Kerry in Nashville Reply with quote

SusanB wrote:
Bush cut VA hospital $$$. Where are these young wonded going to go for care.

Although I support everyone's right to a different "political" view as to whom they wish to vote for. I believe that there are other avenues that would more appreciate your views. As far as your statement in regards to the VA I believe it would be to your benefit to look at the actual dollar amounts of each administration and the funds that were provided. Make your decision based on the facts (which are readily available all over the web, a link is unneccessary).

I believe that it would be fair to say that the purpose of this board isn't to debate politics but to discuss the SBVT which does not include support of Kerry.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:13 am    Post subject: what kerry does for vet's Reply with quote

He talks the talk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: