SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Imus drops Kerry support & George HW on show

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JROTC
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Imus drops Kerry support & George HW on show Reply with quote

Didn't see this posted yet, but I saw it on NewsMax.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/9/1/85305.shtml

Not that I care much about Mr. Imus, but it is a National program and he has quite a following I hear - especially with younger folks. And he's an ex-Marine - sorry, there's probably no such thing as "ex" - once one always one!

George HW Bush being on his show this morning should be a added plus.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a sign that the media is abandoning Kerry. If Imus gets positive feedback from this, I would expect some more of them to follow suit. The media watches ratings, most of them will flip in a second if they think it will protect their job, there's no honor among most of them. Imus is an "Independent", huh? That sounds like a safe stance to take. Wink
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesnt he compete with Howard Stern? Stern is pro-Kerry and if Imus is also pro-Kerry they have to split the same slice of the pie. However if Imus is an undecided or pro-Bush he gets an entire piece of the pie all to himself. In other words Imus is a ratings whore, hes nobody's friend.
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Semper Infidelis or "Semper I" for Imus Reply with quote

In my opinion this is too serious a matter to joke about "supporting" then "switching". Were talking about the honor and dignity of men who died and suffered for their country. Here's my take on the subject in an e-mail that I sent to him this morning.

To: "Don Imus" <imus@msnbc.com>

Subject: Semper Infidelis or "Semper I" for Imus

Used to be a long time CA listener getting up at 3 am
sometimes. Never again.

It is gut wrenching to watch a marine support someone
who defiled the Marine Corps Memorial with a picture
on the cover of his 1971 book. About 6900 real
marines died to have that flag raised and many more
died and were wounded before and since to maintain its
spirit.

I heard that "once a marine always a marine". I guess
you got your service "annulled" like your buddies'
first marriage.

Semper "I" (for Imus or Infidelis)
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a thread Mon when Imus announced he's moving from supporting Kerry to Undecided.

I watched his intervies with Bush 41 and thought he acted almost humble and very appreciative of his appearance on the show.

I think Imus has about 10 million listeners in his audience and now I'll go back to watching more often if he stays off the backs of the rest of the administration. He's been way over the top on Cheney and Rumsfeld especially.

Just a note: There are 127 threads posted on this board for Imus.
Wing Wiper
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rifleman: A little harsh, man. Maybe Imus read the book or listened to the Swiftboat side of the story and has seen the light. That said, I can't argue with your point of view. He's having George Sr. on his show, he won't be making any statements supporting Kerry, so I see it as a positive. Taking the "Independent" view doesn't show much in the way of guts, but it's better than nothing. Maybe he has to take it one step at a time, did you think of that? Wink Next week he might say "I'm now 100% behind George Bush for president".
WebTalk
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper

That's a good bet. He'll officially move to the Bush camp soon. I'll bet it gets posted here within 2 minutes.

Rifleman

Great message. I'll bet he's had alot of e-mail along that line.

I stopped short of sending one with my take on how lousy I thought his show had become since MSNBC turned it into a 3 hr commercial for the nightly lineup.
RiflemanDD730
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper

I hope you're right about Imus finally coming around in the near future. And I was probably a little harsh. But I remember my brother-in-law wearing the Marine Corps emblem on a chain around his neck until the end of his life. He was a WW II vet who saw action in the South Pacific. I just let my emotions hang out little on that one.

Thanks
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't take too seriously anything Imus says. He is ideologically schizophrenic. Tomorrow morning he'll endorse Governor Moonbeam and then flit off to someone else. This goes on on nearly a daily basis.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: