SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Sink Kerry Swiftly" Bump Sticks Are Now Available
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: "Sink Kerry Swiftly" Bump Sticks Are Now Available Reply with quote

High quality vinyl "Sink Kerry Swiftly" (see the the research forum for details) bumper stickers may be available in lots of 50 at $5 each in a few business days; Fedex 2-day shipping included .

Based upon preliminary quotes for graphic artwork, printing, and shipping costs for 2000 stickers this will yield, with no profit to the author, $4.00 per sticker to Swiftvets. If it works that's approximately $8000.00 for Swiftvets.

As individuals, you may give them away if you like or you can distribute them for a $5.00 contribution to Swiftvets which will cover your cost.

A full accounting of revenue and expense will be published here including a Swiftvets receipt for our contribution.

Printable professional quality artwork should be available here tomorrow for anyone wishing to replicate this effort.

It should be noted that the 1st ten of these bumper stickers are going "gratis" to John and Anne O'Neill at their personal request.

Indications of interest will be appreciated by a PM or by email to velero108@comcast.net .

Tom

Last edited by ASPB on Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com

Last edited by SooZQ on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
1AD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Bumper Stickers Reply with quote

Bumper stickers are an excellent idea. There are many web-sites that advertise stickers (vinyl or paper). We also have to get out the message in other formats. This may have already been listed in another forum/topic. But I was also thinking that in addition to the stickers and E-mails that we need fliers that state a few of the deliberate misstatements from Kerry and the MSM. Then state why they are false with addresses to web-sites with the truth/facts. I ended one E-mail with"These are just a few of the deliberate misstatements in your article. I could list more but I have made my point."

The fliers can be distributed at malls, subways, windshields, in front of newspaper offices, etc. You may need a permit. You can also take out ads in your local papers, especially if they have run anti-SBVT editorials. These cost a lot less than ads in the NYT and WAPO. They would be essentially the same as the fliers. "Among the many things wrong/many misstatements with your editorial/column/article these 2/3/4 stand out. For additional information go to www...."
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Up the price to $7.00 and sell them individually on this site.
I'm not buying 50 because I'll need to go
to a Home Depot and sticker every bumper and then
need to dispath the lone Kerry supporter with a wisk broom.

I'll buy one and stay out of trouble Twisted Evil
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Find us a 1-off distributor and it's fine with me. I'm thinking of buying 5000 because it brings the cost down dramatically but distribution cost and personal labor is just too high for one riverine vet to deal with. At 50 per buyer the product gets distributed with the effort shared. I mean, what the hell, $250 each even if you can't recover the investment is small potatoes if 80-85% goes directly to Swiftvets.

Think about it. It's less the money than the reaching out that happens. I've personally pledged $500 per week until the election to Swiftvets. I'm just trying to leverage my commitment. Even if you have to give them away that's 49 more people that may contribute than if you gave $250 yourself directly.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com

Last edited by SooZQ on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The important thing is we need the bumper stickers and
we will pay. I'll buy extra but we need to get it under 50.
How about 5 @ $10 .... I'll do it.
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SooZQ wrote:
Tom, There are sellers on ebay who will print vinyl bumper stickers for $5.00 ea., plus shipping. Can folks use the graphic and search and get just one or two bumper stickers that way?

SooZQ,

They'll do it but how much of the profit goes to Switvets? This way I can guarantee that $4.00 (mas or menos) goes directly to Swiftvets.

And of course you or anyone can do it on a one or two off basis but how does that help the cause. I've designed this effort with my money up front to yeild the most for Swiftvets and not for the retailers.

This image and the print ready image I'll have available tomorrow is in the Public Domain. I only hope that anyone using it knows why it was designed and that the profits should go to Swiftvets.
Skywatch
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that any money made from the bumper sticker group effort should go the Swifties. The artwork is readily available and downloadable in this thread in either bitmap or pdf document form.

Last edited by Skywatch on Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:26 am; edited 1 time in total
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Re: Bumper Stickers Reply with quote

1AD wrote:
Bumper stickers are an excellent idea. There are many web-sites that advertise stickers (vinyl or paper). We also have to get out the message in other formats. This may have already been listed in another forum/topic. But I was also thinking that in addition to the stickers and E-mails that we need fliers that state a few of the deliberate misstatements from Kerry and the MSM. Then state why they are false with addresses to web-sites with the truth/facts. I ended one E-mail with"These are just a few of the deliberate misstatements in your article. I could list more but I have made my point."

The fliers can be distributed at malls, subways, windshields, in front of newspaper offices, etc. You may need a permit. You can also take out ads in your local papers, especially if they have run anti-SBVT editorials. These cost a lot less than ads in the NYT and WAPO. They would be essentially the same as the fliers. "Among the many things wrong/many misstatements with your editorial/column/article these 2/3/4 stand out. For additional information go to www...."

Just Do it! Check with management for content! But just do it!
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by SooZQ on Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SooZQ wrote:
Tom,

Yes, I agree that we don't want to circumvent the
donation aspect of the bumper stickers. I mentioned
the idea about folks printing one or two only as an
alternative for those who may not be able to afford a
large number, but still want to put a bumper sticker
statement on their cars. I would definately recommend
that EVERYONE make contributions to SBVFT.

So folks, if you get a couple stickers made up
somewhere else, then donate at least $8 to SBVFT as
well. If you can find a group of supporters to pitch in
for one order of 50 that would be great too!

SooZ,

You can't buy them at the same price. My costs, including shipping, are based on a buy of 3000 copies. $1.00 each shipped in lots of 50. If you buy 1 or 2 from a retailer you contribute nothing to Swiftvets.

Hell, just steal the image and have 1000 made and ask for a $5.00 contribution and you can put $3.00 per each in the coffers of Swiftvets.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by SooZQ on Thu Sep 02, 2004 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cant buy 50 but would love just 4 Crying or Very sad

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
Bostonian
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't we do this through CafePress.com?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: