SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Foxnews - David Shuster article
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Islander
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Foxnews - David Shuster article Reply with quote

I read an artice regarding the upcoming Sinclair broadcast and had to respond to this young man. I want to share my response with you guys and if you disagree, then please tell me. But, I think more importantly, we have to remember those who gave the ultimate sacrifice in Vietnam. 58,000 is a very big number. Their memory needs to be corrected while we're at it.

David, you look to young to understand. And unless you served in Vietnam, you can not comprehend the passion of those who have served regarding John Kerry' testimony in April, 1971. Notwithstanding his "short" active duty tour in Vietnam (including a camera) and the issues surrounding his medals (he has still not signed form 180 to release his military records and no one in the media is asking), on a broader scale, Kerry has tarnished the good name of those who served, as well as those who died. Those who died!!! Is anyone standing up for their memory. In their memory, for the sake of their loved ones, history must be retold so that we can fix this in the future. Serving for one's country is the ultimate test and sacrifice and should be respected.
When Kerry came home, he labeled "ALL" Vietnam Veterans as baby killers, cut off ears, cut off heads, rapists, etc. etc. etc. Speaking to our nation and dishonoring those who are not guilty of the atrocities Kerry spewed in detail in April, 1971. It was done to elevate himself onto the national stage. While I sat in the jungles of Vietnam, we knew all about him and Jane Fonda and how their actions only encouraged the enemy to kill more Americans. Truth? Figure it out. It's completely logical. Kerry is doing the same thing today to our troops in Iraq. And he wants to be commander-in-chief? That is a complete joke!
We came home from Vietnam spat on, warned to take our uniforms off before we got off the plane because of protestors, called baby-killers when seeking employment, taxi's would not give us a ride to the airport so we can fly home, etc. etc. etc. Back then, we came home alone because of the rotation policy of our government. Don't get too close to the guy next to you so you don't get too attached in case he is killed. The making of PTSD. Today, our troops go together and come home together. The Vietnam war was a war of attrition. 58,000 Americans died there. It was a time when most were drafted. Me included.
When the Vietnam veterans came home, we put that experience behind us and locked it away. Ashamed and confused, the effects never left. Today, Vietnam veterans are seeking each other out. Reunions have been growing and healing has been progressing. Who else is a Vietnam veteran going to talk too but another Vietnam veteran. Like a woman trying to explain to another woman the experience of child birth. Can't comprehend unless you've been there.
A very small percentage of Vietnam veterans were guilty of the atrocities spewed by John Kerry. Maybe 2% or at most 5%? It was during the mid to late 60's too, that these acts would have occurred. You see, that was the method used by the Viet Cong and NVA when they killed Americans. Their religion embraces reincarnation, however, if your body is not whole, then you will not be recognized by Buddha for reincarnation. Accordingly, the enemy beheaded and dismembers our troops. This is only a part of a larger psychological war. The ROK (Republic of Korea) Army played that game with equal determination causing the VC and NVA to run when they heard the ROK was coming. Politics at home lost this war.
I belong to a group consisting of 790 members. We all served for Delta Company, 2/8th Battalion, 3rd Brigade, 1st Cavalry (airmobile) Division during 1965 to 1974. Our annual reunions alternate East, West and Central United States so all may attend. There are maybe 2-5 members who may be guilty of the atrocities Kerry accuse them of. Never forget that war is very brutal. The liberals always forget.
On May 10, 1972 my entire platoon was killed. 28 guys including the Captain and his two RTO's (Radio Transmission Operators; one Company and one Battalion). 34 troopers died that day when you include the crew of the Chinook they were in when it crashed. After 45 days in the jungles, we were allowed 3-days in Vung Tao. They were on their way to Vung Tao. Notwithstanding what it took emotionally for the other troopers who had to go out and retrieve the bodies, I can tell you the tour in Vietnam was no cake walk. NOT ONE member on the Chinook was guilty of ANY of the atrocities that Kerry labeled ALL Vietnam Veterans. It is incredible that Kerry continues to ignore what he did and not respond to ALL Vietnam veterans. Worse, the media ignores it as well.
David, it is time for veterans to heal. It is time for the nation to learn the truth. It is time for Kerry to stop doing to those who have died and who are/have served in Iraq as he had done to the Vietnam Veterans. Exactly the same thing. Except this time, we have a more motivated volunteer military. Way better equipped than we were some 30+ years ago.
I think this battle over Kerry's service should be left to the Veterans. If you weren't there, then you CAN NOT understand. You have not earned a right, in my eye, to express anything either way except to be grateful. Now, we are at the "top of the food chain" in society and an integral part of this country. Now, the POW's can defend themselves because they weren't able too in April, 1971. The nation needs to know. The nation needs to understand the truth.
To me, the Sinclair documentary will be a big step for my healing. I appreciate, however, you paying attention to these issues.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Shuster was on msnbc?

good post... send to bor also.... he needs clued in - clubbed is more like it!

these talking heads are p......ing me off big time! Twisted Evil
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a response.

This is exactly why we must stand up for these POWs right to be heard.

We must demand our right to see Stolen Honor in our theaters and on TV!!
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fine post. I vividly remember the day your company lost all those men. You are right, we did NOT commit the atrocities that John Fng Kerry has burdened us with all these years. I will never forgive him unless he comes completly clean, and then it would be very hard for me to do so.

In mid May of 1972 part of your company, D 2/8th, came to the Central Highlands to help and then relieve our single company, D 1/12th, in the large conventional battle for Kontum. We were with the groups that first fired the then new jeep mounted TOW missiles at Russian T-54/PT-76 tanks. Many brave men (American, ARVN, Rangers, SF) died while Kerry was lying on us. There were many POW/MIA's during the 1972 Easter Offensive battles.

The NVA/VC atrocities were horrendous. Please see the link (s):

http://thebattleofkontum.com/stars/29.html
www.thebattleofkontum.com
http://www.redstone.army.mil/history/systems/TOW.html

William B. Page
www.thebattleofkontum.com

Last edited by wpage on Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Bugs me Reply with quote

It still bugs me that the MSM and even some on FOX can claim to be fair, when we have posts like these from people that served and their voices are screaming to be heard and they fall on DEAF ears, being ignored, and again defamed.
The media itself is too ashamed for what they did 30 years ago in promoting the anti-war retoric, and they themselves would be brought to bear.
I used to like BOR as the no spin guy, but after watching him tip toe around the swifties and pow's, it getting hard. With ALL the evidence in front of him, he still claims the KING has clothes. Blind leading the blind, dumb, and dumber.
Biggest of all, is WHY NO ONE is bring up the FACT that Kerry is NOT eligable to run for public office or even hold the office he has now.

US Constitution Art 14 Sec 3.

Steve Christensen
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander

Well said !

Kudos
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: another point Reply with quote

Just as a point when talking to vets that support TRAITOR Kerry.

I ask them what they think their lives would have ben like if they carry the labels that Kerry and kind put on them. Unlike nicknames and such, the labels were seared into them, unable to be removed and a stain on their lives, family and friends.
How many oppurtunities were DENIED to these men, because they were defamed by Kerry.
I'd like to hear from some that lost jobs, respect, oppurtunities because they carried the labels that Kerry gave them.
I have had friends that served in Viet Nam and came back, went in for jobs and because they wore the uniform, were denied and even mocked by those that stayed behind.
Kerry's words have been far reaching and I hope to GOD that they reach back to haunt him on Nov 2.

Steve Christensen
Islander
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Battle at Kontun Reply with quote

wpage, we have a few members who were in that battle. They were replacements for Skull platoon (who was in the Chinook when it crashed). They told me of going to toe-missle training and was redirected because the South Vietnamese army was getting their butts kicked. We even have the Company Commander who took Delta Co. on that mission. Very nice running into you. I got out of Vietnam 17 days before the fatal crash. I was pulled out by Nixon early.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Islander for your eloquent post. Thank you.

A book of letters such as Islander's needs to be published.
Every one just like Islander's. Each letter a voice against
John Kerry. Would be very powerful.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was not their and like a women going thru child birth I will never fully understand what the Vietnam soldier went through. I served in the USAF -Security Police from 1975 - 1979 and spent countless hours with honorable men who did serve in Vietnam. What I do recall is that they rarely talked about the war; however they had no lack of words for Hanoi John & Jane. Many of the men I served with came into the Air Force after being discharged from other branches of the military and miss understood when they went back home to their family & friends.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
Quote:
A very small percentage of Vietnam veterans were guilty of the atrocities spewed by John Kerry. Maybe 2% or at most 5%? It was during the mid to late 60's too, that these acts would have occurred. You see, that was the method used by the Viet Cong and NVA when they killed Americans. Their religion embraces reincarnation, however, if your body is not whole, then you will not be recognized by Buddha for reincarnation. Accordingly, the enemy beheaded and dismembers our troops. This is only a part of a larger psychological war. The ROK (Republic of Korea) Army played that game with equal determination causing the VC and NVA to run when they heard the ROK was coming. Politics at home lost this war.

I wonder if the US will ever be able to "take the gloves off" in a war. Will we always have lines that we cannot cross or areas we cannot attacK? What scares me about your post is I can see the same attitude developing in the Iraq War. History repeats itself, and the same guy is undermining our national resolve.

I don't mean we should ignore the laws of warfare or the Convention. But I think we really have to use our ability to mass troops and deliver technologically superior firepower on a target. It worked in WWII, the "good war". Too many Americans don't have the stomach for this sort of thing. War is brutal, people get hurt. But we repersent justice, something we all need to believe. I would rather see this country get the attention of the enemy in Iraq as we should have done in Vietnam. We certainly have the capability, but the will?????
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie wrote:
I thought Shuster was on msnbc?

good post... send to bor also.... he needs clued in - clubbed is more like it!

these talking heads are p......ing me off big time! Twisted Evil

He used to be on Fox but has been on MSNBC for a while now.
Islander
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Gloves Reply with quote

The scandals at Abu Garaid is a pure example. With beheadings on the internet, the liberals are crying over our physically non-evasive methods to extract intelligence by taking pictures of the enemy naked. hahahahaha
We wore gloves in Vietnam. We are wearing gloves now. In this case, however, I think the Iraqi's will stand up for their own country. Unlike the South Vietnamese. . . another pathetic story. Kerry is turning this into a political war. . . again (said in Forrest Gump voice). I think our military has learned from Vietnam and will take what ever fire is necessary to the enemy when needed. In this case, we have to work with the Iraqi's to take control of their own country before coming home. Looks like it may work.
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Gloves Reply with quote

Islander wrote:
The scandals at Abu Garaid is a pure example. With beheadings on the internet, the liberals are crying over our physically non-evasive methods to extract intelligence by taking pictures of the enemy naked. hahahahaha
We wore gloves in Vietnam. We are wearing gloves now. In this case, however, I think the Iraqi's will stand up for their own country. Unlike the South Vietnamese. . . another pathetic story. Kerry is turning this into a political war. . . again (said in Forrest Gump voice). I think our military has learned from Vietnam and will take what ever fire is necessary to the enemy when needed. In this case, we have to work with the Iraqi's to take control of their own country before coming home. Looks like it may work.

If Bush put an officer in charge of Abu Garaid who in his past had burned down villages and says he did other war crimes the MSM would go nuts. But this is Kerry's record and they think it is okay.
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Luck of the draw. Korean's Reply with quote

The EE degree, and stupid me put hobbie down "scuba diving",.

ended up, "working" out of the rear q-hut of Danang Station Hospital

so the "Gen's" could send us to the "EE"' problems, quick, God had his

hand out for us 6 american "techEE" they gave us 6 Korean "civilian"

EE's (they had been Korean Marines, before their, "Philco Ford" Canada

employment contract?. They "said" mr aj you eat with us at

the mamasons (our viet cleaning lady) 2 weeks before you go

with us, "they can understand american "scat", then rather than

come off the "transportation" quite and sneek around, they would

talk Korean very loud, and say not so nice things , about what the

last thing they had "done" . Then we would walk.

Got all 6 into Canada after, big time EE's up there now.

THE ONLY REASON I CAN POST THIS, THEM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: