SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You Must Have hit a Nerve
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
readrgr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: You Must Have hit a Nerve Reply with quote

You can tell you hit someones sensitive spot, by the way they react. By this measure, the swiftees hit dead center. Funny thing is, is that none of the rebuttals to the swiftees facts have been factual. They have all focused on changing the subject or smearing the honorable men who served. To a simple minded person, it would seem that Kerry could have stopped the two weeks of bad publicity and his accompanying drop in polls by simply announcing in public that he had siged an SF180. Obviously, that is one of the first solutions that the veteran campaigners in the Kerry campaign developed as a solution. Why was that solution not adopted. If we are to believe the media spin: Kerry was slow to react. I see it differently. There was a consious decision by the campaign staff to not sign the SF 180. There was also a deliberate strategy developed to switch the debate as far away from the SF180 as possible. Why would they do such a thing, knowing that the longer the discussion went on, the more damage it would do to the campaign? I postualte that Kerry would be damaged even more if the SF 180 was signed, then if he did not sign it. What could be revealed by the release of Kerry's record that would lead them to make a decision to not sign the form and take a 5-7% hit in the polls during a critical point in teh campaign season? Could it be the "hero" recommended himself for the awards that allowed him to leave Vietnam early (cowardice). Or could it be that the documents were forged when his chain of command refused to submit him for the awards (dishonest). Hmmmmmm. The only way we are going to know is to focus our voice and push for the SF180 in every forum we can. Do not let the media change the debate to anything else.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, readrgr. Wink

Have you read the topics about the "Brown Books" and the smear campaign against individuals in the SBVFT organization?

Incredible.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: You Must Have hit a Nerve Reply with quote

[quote
="readrgr"]You can tell you hit someones sensitive spot, by the
You got it man!
I had a root canal yesterday, I can tell you about that nerve reaction stuff. kerry and his goons think thier slick, its like catching a liar who then tries to call you a liar. I think your on the right trail though with the 180. I dont expect much else to come from two attorneys, you know the game- my dog didnt bite you! (if that dont work) you bit my dog! (if that dont work) I dont even have a dog....ect.ect.
Hes gona get caught up soon enough.
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Kerry has already been reassured thru back-channels that the mainstream liberal-media is firmly in his corner. Who else could shamlessly trot out a maimed Vet as a PR stunt and get away with it. The man nor the liberal press has no shame. All we have heard for the last two years is Bush Lied.. Catch their boy in a little lie and oh hum whats the big deal? Semper Fi.
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: They doth protest too much, me thinks Reply with quote

I'm not aware that libel or slander laws have been suspended. Had Kerry any truth to stand on his lawyers could have pursued that rather than sending them out to blather and dig dirt.

Unfortunately, it has become painfully obvious that for Kerry as with Bill and Al a statement of fact is an "attack" and an honest observation is a "smear".
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I B Squidly wrote.
Quote:
I'm not aware that libel or slander laws have been suspended

That is exactly what the Swiftees want and John knows he can't, so his only recourse is to slime them with his America hating pals the MSM.
Did anyone expect him to change colors. He did it before so why not try it again.
Sorry John this time you overstepped your dream!
Airedale
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what your saying is that JFKerry pencil whipped a Navy career for alterior motives and the proof may be burried in red tape.

I read on another message board that Kerry just might think he is
John F. Kennedy
I'll see if I can find a link to the psycho speak article.

Kinda disturbing if you ask me.....[/i]
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, the link will be on freerepublic.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:02 am    Post subject: failed pr stunt Reply with quote

[quote="roughfun"]I believe Kerry has already been reassured thru back-channels that the mainstream liberal-media is firmly in his corner. Who else could shamlessly trot out a maimed Vet as a PR stunt and get away with
it.
The icing on the cake was the 50 dollar suit rassmann was wearing, his lunch cost more than that!
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Gundecking Reply with quote

There is a term in the Navy that describes cheating and falsifying. It is called "gundecking". I´m not sure of the origens of the term but it is well known as one of the worst sins possible. I believe that Kerry gundecked his awards, played the system to get the hell out of Nam most-skoshy, pulled strings to get the admiral´s aide billet with only ten days´ advance notice of transfer from Nam, and pulled strings to transfer early to Inactive Reserve. He then turned and attacked the Armed Forces. Now, some thirty years later, he is no longer a war criminal but, rather, the war hero that single-handedly defeated the NVA.

This is all gundecking at its finest and Kerry is lower than whaleshit.

Dane
retired naval officer
readrgr
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Kerry's Next Step Reply with quote

Here is my prediction for the next week in the Kerry Campaign.
1. Kerry makes a weak, indirect apology (that is so ambigous as to be interpreted to mean what ever you want it to mean) to the VFW crowd.
2. The media grabs the headlines saying Kerry makes full aplogy.
3. McCain pipes in as the peacemaker and asks if now we can just all get along
4. The media focuses on the Bush campaign response to the "apology" by Kerry.
5. Bush campaign gives in because they do not want to be seen as "negative" after Kerry "aplogized".
6. Any talk of releasing Kerrry's records is lost in the the large media bandwagon praising Kerry for his "apology".
7. The Swiftees are marinalized as extermists if they continue to call for the release of Kerry's record or do not fully accept his "apology".
8. Kerry may release his records a week or two before the election and after he is done dicrediting any one who might try to point out some interesting facts about his record.

I can only hope I am wrong and that we can muster the truth and inform the electorate so that they can make fair choices based on facts. Thank God for the internet.
spectre
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is nothing but a dirty democommy liar who gamed the system to make himself look like a hero and i am so glad that yiou swiftees have outed him i served 3 tours in nam in the air force as a c-130 crewman and i never heard or seen any atrocities M/SGT JOHN BROWN USAF Ret.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I served two tours (24 months) in country. I did see atrocities, but they were committed by the Viet Cong, not by Americans.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: nailed it! Reply with quote

The last reply by readrgr. knocked it out of the park. That would be the proper thing to do for kerry. Although I think hes a chicken s---, I do believe in some wormy fashion he will say sorry , maybe like " Im sorry there is so much confusion about the events only me and my bestes bud forest rassmann experienced". Then he will remind us how him and his potty mouthed wife and a trial lawyer will lower your health care costs. Then he will take his best shot at the terrosists by saying " after getting together with my buds in france, you will lose, hope is on the way" Then once the terrorists have changed thier pants he will start bragging about how foriegn leaders endorse him for CIC.

Although not read by but Im sure approved by jfnk
Dane
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize if my choice of language offends the sensibilities of the administrators. I wanted to state - and still wish to state- that Kerry is lower than w*h*a*l*e*s*h*i*t*.

Dane
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: