SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Al French and Scorched Earth Politics
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Old Dude
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Al French and Scorched Earth Politics Reply with quote

Al French, who appeared in the Swift Boat commercial, is in huge trouble out here in Oregon and its time for his fellow Swifties to find some way to help him.

Somehow the local press has discovered and, being an honorable man, Al has admitted, that ten years ago he had an office affair and then lied about it. His present boss, Clackamas County District Attorney John Foote (who earlier this week wrote a letter to the editor saying he disagreed with Al, but defended his right to express his opinion), has placed him on 30 days paid administrative leave. The next step after that is usually termination. At the same time the Oregon State Bar has opened an ethics investigation to determine if Al should be disciplined for his participation in the Swiftboats ad (specifically signing the affidavit). The bar has the power to permanently disbar Al from ever practicing law again. I can tell you that the Oregon State Bar is no friend to prosecutors, conservatives or Republicans and will eat Al alive if given the chance.

So John Kerry constructs a web of deceit and maintains it for years and he should be president. Bill Clinton has an office affair and lies about it and we should just move on. Al French tells a lie, probably to protect the identity of the other side of the affair, and his career is over. Just like that.

If I had any idea what could be done to help Al I would say so, but I don't. Maybe somebody in the Swiftboats organization is smarther than me. I hope so.

All of you who have participated in this effort need to be very careful. Your enemies are skilled and will stop at nothing to silence you. Al turns out to be an easy target. I hate to sound like an alarmist, but some of you who may not be vulnerable to this kind of attack, may be in even greater danger. Recall what you know about Kerry's recklessness in battle and his participation in the VVAW assassination plot. Watch your backs!

God bess you,
Old Dude
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well first confirmation that Kerrys thugs have been actively digging into peoples past. If you can not dispute the message, then slander the messengers!
Absolutely disgusting tactic on their part!!
lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope he has good legal defense - he's going to need it. As well as the other STVTs. How did this come out?
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if he lied under oath about the affair, then he will definitely need a lawyer.

As for the signing of the SBVT affidavit, I don't see how his job status or ability to practice law can be challenged for having a political opinion, particularly after his boss publicly wrote that he is entitled to that opinion. Pols and state workers, yes, even DAs endorse candidates all the time. Are they challenging the veracity of his sworn statement? On what basis?

I think we need more facts.
Jungle_rat
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Al knew the risks, and despite knowing about his own vulnerability, did the honorable thing. Thats the kind of stuff real heroes are made of.

People like Al usually land on their own two feet. He may have made enemies in left-leaning Oregon, but he's also made friends in high places through his courageous actions in supporting SBVT. I doubt he'll have trouble finding a better job than the one he left.
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Al French and Scorched Earth Politics Reply with quote

Old Dude wrote:
Al French, who appeared in the Swift Boat commercial, is in huge trouble out here in Oregon and its time for his fellow Swifties to find some way to help him.

Do you have links to the articles you quote? I sent an email to the DA. The reply said that they were no longer accepting email on Al French.

Send hannity.com the info you have. Nothing scares rodents more than having the spotlight on them.
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Links To Al French Stories Reply with quote

http://www2.kval.com/x30530.xml?ParentPageID=x2649&ContentID=x46673&Layout=kval.xsl&AdGroupID=x30530

http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/news/opinion/9509563.htm

http://www.katu.com/news/story.asp?ID=70528

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1093521512261850.xml

http://www.oregonlive.com/editorials/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/editorial/1093521477261850.xml

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2004/08/24/news/news10.txt

http://www.tdn.com/articles/2004/08/26/oregon/news01.txt

http://www.theworldlink.com/articles/2004/08/26/news/news09.txt
crusher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANOTHER "BROWN BOOK" VICTIM? As we reported weeks ago> the Dems are digging up personal info to smear the Swifties, including marital records, etc. It appears that one Swifty has been suspended from his job as an assistant DA for allegedly <b>lying about an extramarital affair 10 years ago. Hmm, we wonder how they got that info (and wonder why the same wouldn't apply to Clinton)? This comes a few days after James Zumwalt's (another Swifty) suicide attempt, overdose, and arrest were reported w/ info from Democratic operatives.
gee williger
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crusher wrote:
It appears that one Swifty has been suspended from his job as an assistant DA for allegedly lying about an extramarital affair 10 years ago

this is an absolute outrage!

I would like more information on how the DA came to the conclusion that French lied about this ten year old affair (especially if it turns out to be dirt dug up by a Kerry PI).

I guess it proves that they are pulling no punches and are playing serious hardball. It is good that we know the depths to which they will descend. Let loose the dogs of war.

Ares hates those who hesitate.
- Euripides
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please everyone get this out to the national and nationwide media. This is an outrage beyond belief.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I missing something here? Why would any 10 year old affair be cause for leave in one's job?
Polaris
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noc,

Officially: Lying under oath (for a job application) is grounds for dismissal.

Unofficially: He supports the SBVT and Kerry and his goons want to get even.

Truth is Beauty
kmmpatriot
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hannity is talking about this now folks.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse me what job application asks about affairs? What happen to privacy --- isn't privacy and government staying out of someones bedroom an ultimate big issue for lefties?
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something that is seared -- seared into my memory -- is the media and the left hammering away at the idea that no one should be expected to tell the truth about an affair.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: