SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does a Veteran’s Service End?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FMBass
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:49 am    Post subject: Does a Veteran’s Service End? Reply with quote

About two weeks ago, I began to read the posts here attempting to understand “newsworthy” things like:

Just how many times did Rassman fall off of whose friggin boat???

And how could a guy like Kerry get this far without somebody bothering to check the most basic facts?

Just recently, after spending many hours surfing here, I joined the conversation, finding an entire world of honestly patriotic viewpoints, informative links (I never would have come across: “My Vietnam Lessons” by David Horowitz), and all of it expressed in the familiar vernacular of the guys I served with (and explicitly trusted).

A deeper question now stirs in me: Did my service to this country truly end thirty years ago?

The Swift Boat Vets for Truth, by example, have answered this for me.

Thanks

As a quick aside, I have to compliment the site moderators. They keep this forum free of the garbage that is common to most other sites. They keep the topics “on message”: This conversation is about why John F. Kerry is “Unfit for Command”. They pick up rather quickly on duplicate threads.

This is a class site.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again we answer the call FM. But not with guns and hand grenades and blood. This time we use pens,phones,computers, and our voices.

This is one we can't afford to lose.

Our service to our country can never end, FM, as long as their is breath in our bodies.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Lives, our Fortunes, our Sacred Honor....

Some things never change.

And when you took that oath, it was: "I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I don't see a time limit specified. I'm pretty sure it's for life.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
bagpiper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:17 am    Post subject: who uh Reply with quote

cipher,

I don't remember anybody 'unoathing' me when I got out.... Very Happy

WHO UH...

DM Lambert
ex-SP4 '72-'75
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I feel everyone in this country owes it something, whether the oath was taken or not, service, in one regard or another, never ends. I don't remember any time limits being placed upon the oath we all took.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: