SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion for a new Commercial

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Truthseeker1
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Suggestion for a new Commercial Reply with quote

Hi. I have a suggestion for your next commercial. I have an uncle who actually had blood thrown on him by some hippie scum at the San Francisco airport when he returned home from Vietnam (he served with the 1st Infantry Division, the “Big Red One!”). I am appalled at the treatment the liberal media has given your group of veterans… Strike that… I am not “appalled”… I am outraged at how they have treated you. Here is my idea:

1. Commercial starts with John Kerry giving his shameful testimony in congress (the “cut off arms, limbs…Ghengis Khan” testimony you have used in one of your commercials). A large, bold, black text overlay fades in over Kerry’s testimony scene (that has now been frozen to clearly show Kerry’s face in the background). The text overlay says:

JOHN KERRY HELPED TO PORTRAY

HIS FELLOW VIETNAM VETERANS

AS “WAR CRIMINALS”

2. Scene fades out on Kerry and fades into a quick 1970s airport scene. The terminal archway above the terminal says “International arrivals”. Through the terminal gates, we see a young soldier and a Marine walking through the terminal dressed in their Class A uniforms. They both have heavy (obviously full) duffel bags on their backs, and they both have their hands full with a carry-on bag and a briefcase. They are both obviously loaded down and are having a hard time making it through the terminal carrying all of their belongings headed to wherever they are going.

3. In slow motion, a group of leftist hippies rushes the young servicemen. Several of the leftists throw blood on the soldier and Marine from paint cans and containers they are carrying, ruining the soldier and Marine’s class A uniforms. The soldier and Marine do not strike back but, in shock, simply unload their duffel bags and kneel down huddling together looking up in defenseless disbelief as the leftists surround them in a “C” arrangement (the camera can see through the opening of the “C” formation) and call them names. You can’t hear the leftists, but you can tell they are accusing the young soldier and Marine of doing horrible things. The soldier and Marine just look down at the ground in disbelief and total dejection at what their “fellow Americans” are doing to them. The scene fades with the leftists still screaming down at the servicemen.

4. Airport scene note: There is no audio to the airport scene portion, but you can see the leftists are out-of-control, wildly screaming and accusing the young servicemen… The leftists are carrying legible, handwritten signs that say “BABY KILLER”, “RAPIST”, “MURDERER”, and “WAR CRIMINAL”.

A large, bold, white text overlay fades in as the airport scene fades to a totally black background. The text overlay says: ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES

The previous text overlay fades out, and a final text overlay fades in and says: SENATOR KERRY, APOLOGIZE!

End of commercial…

I think about my uncle and I imagine that’s pretty much how it was when he had blood thrown on his uniform. I asked him about it a couple of times, but he would practically start crying whenever I asked him about it… He would get so upset and just start shaking with anger… I get just as angry when I think of how Vietnam veterans were treated by the left and the media. My uncle passed away last year, but I can think of no better service than to make a commercial like this so, hopefully, something like this doesn’t happen to future veterans because of Benedict Arnold veterans like John Kerry, and a traitor liberal media like the one we had in Vietnam and, frankly, the one we have now.

Thanks for listening, and keep up the good work! The truth WILL come out...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: