SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Douglas Brinkley On Imus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:09 am    Post subject: Douglas Brinkley On Imus Reply with quote

This morning on Imus, Brinkley was asked if anything was true about the SwiftVets allegations, and Brinkley responded "absolutely zero", then said there was nothing regarding his silver and bronze star or his purple hearts, or the March 13th incident, & records back them up. Seems like with all the "history" Mr. Brinkley has studied, he has conveniently forgot all the descrepancies, even ones he wrote within his own book. How can he sit there and say there was no truth to the SwiftVets charges when his own book has Kerry receiving schrapnel wounds from the rice cache and not from the mine explosion as stated on the Casualty/Spot report. Then, also, Brinkley quotes a portion of Sen. Kerry's eulogy to Belodeau, so he therefore should have been aware of Kerry's description of the events within which described a mine exploding under HIS boat, and Rassmann falling off sometime later when a hard turn starboard was made. Yet, his own book describes the events almost completely different. He is full aware of the discrepencies, and it is clearly evident now he is yet another falsely backing Kerry, while Kerry hides and isnt man enough to address the issue himself. Mr. Brinkley's "status" as a presidential historian certainly has to be diminishing quite quickly I would think. Oh, and Imus was asking Brinkley what the heck he was doing on the Cable News Shows, and giving him crap about it. Unfortunately, Imus isnt up to speed with the details about the SwiftVet allegations, and was not able to refute Brinkley when he claimed none of the SwiftVets stories were true. I'm just hoping someone from the media finally steps up and becomes educated on this and actually does a little investigating before having guests such as this on their show. I'm ticked! Evil or Very Mad

Also, Imus gave Kerry a hard time about Kerry making this big announcement that was so important news to him - that the Red Sox had pulled within 2.5 games of the Yankees, when he couldnt have been more wrong. The Yankees beat the Indians 9-1, and the Red Sox also won, keeping the race at 3.5 games. How could he possibly be so stupid, perhaps another thing "seared" into his memory? Who knows if this was an intentional thing, to prove he is a "man's man" and follows our National Pastime, but if he was SO interested, ya'd think he would realize the Yankees won, and the Sox didnt gain any ground???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: