SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dems now claim Bush wasnt ever in the Air Force !!! ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spartan
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Dems now claim Bush wasnt ever in the Air Force !!! ???? Reply with quote

This is a post at the DNC site

i am sorry if this is a repost - These democrats have no shame !!!

George W. Bush's campaign literature claimed that he "served in the U.S. Air Force." The only problem? He didn't.

As Bush continues to refuse to answer questions about his National Guard Service, Bush campaign literature in 1978 includes a lie about his military service. Flyers distributed to Texas voters during Bush's failed Congressional race say "he served in the U.S. Air Force and the Texas Air National Guard." But according to Air Force officials, Air National Guardsmen are not counted as members of the active-duty Air Force. [AP, 7/13/99; The Nation, 8/24/04]

"George Bush has a clear pattern of lying about his military service," said DNC Communications Director Jano Cabrera. "From 1978 to the present day, George Bush has refused to tell voters the truth about his service. It's time for the President to come clean."

These idiots in the DNC are scary

Tim
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JCCremer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Bush in Air Force Reply with quote

I looked at a copy of the document on Drudge. If authentic, it is proof that he volunteered for 120 days of active duty training (about the same length of Kerry's claim to heroism), but the next step is to see orders documenting that he actually was posted there. These ought to be somewhere in the unit archives of the AF unit. Getting that proof will do even better in blowing out the leftist accusations.
John
Let the truth be known. I'm with you guys and Kerry insulted all of us with his anti-war activities. Let's hold him accountable.
baldeagl
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is such an ignorant charge that the only conclusion you can come to is that these folks are so desparate they will say anything to try and smear Bush.

Bush's DD-214 clearly states that he served in the Air Force as well as TANG.

http://idexer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=176

http://www.usatoday.com/news/bushdocs/1-Enlistment_Packet.pdf
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry served in the US Navy Reserve, not the US Navy. That statement, as silly as it is, follows the exact "logic" used by people who say President Bush did not serve in the USAF.
john h
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Bush in Air Force Reply with quote

JCCremer wrote:
I looked at a copy of the document on Drudge. If authentic, it is proof that he volunteered for 120 days of active duty training (about the same length of Kerry's claim to heroism), but the next step is to see orders documenting that he actually was posted there. These ought to be somewhere in the unit archives of the AF unit. Getting that proof will do even better in blowing out the leftist accusations.
John

The Democrats clearly seem to question President Bush's courage. Most people do not understand that if you fear for your life you do not go through fighter pilot training. Just making it though this training is not only tough but inherently dangerous. I cannot even remember how many buddies I lost flying fighters. Not in combat but just in training or on training flights. My first fighter was the F-89C which was nicknamed the sled. It had a habit of havig it's wing(s) fall off in flight. My pilot class probably lost around 8-10 people during training. Just getting insurance if you are a fighter pilot is difficult and expensive. Joining the Guard in no guarantee you will not be in combat. Comming out of high school during the Korean War many of my friends joined the National Guard. Within three months their unit was called up. They were in Korea in short order. I joned the Air Force and ended up in Iceland. If Bush wanted a job that was not dangerous he would not have become an F-102 fighter pilot. He would have become a personnel officer. The Guard is an honorable and much needed organization. They are in the thick of it in Iraq. If I was a Guard member I would be p------off about all the to do about President Bush joining the Guard. They did not think much about President Clinton being at Oxford during the war. That seemed to be ok. I think Clinton's words were "I hate the military"?
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind the dnc doesnt believe all its own propaganda but they know they have a lot of TIN FOIL HAT constituents who will believe anything. Throw all the mud you can and hope some sticks. Semper Fi.
DanVCC
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

earlier post =
"Not in combat but just in training or on training flights. My first fighter was the F-89C which was nicknamed the sled. It had a habit of havig it's wing(s) fall off in flight."

This is off subject but I believe the wing off act was done by F-89A and B models with the C model incorporating a fix to stop wing off operations. BTW, the F-102 had problems which kept you interested from engine start to shutdown.
Ahhhh! The good old days!!!
john h
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanVCC wrote:
earlier post =
"Not in combat but just in training or on training flights. My first fighter was the F-89C which was nicknamed the sled. It had a habit of havig it's wing(s) fall off in flight."

This is off subject but I believe the wing off act was done by F-89A and B models with the C model incorporating a fix to stop wing off operations. BTW, the F-102 had problems which kept you interested from engine start to shutdown.
Ahhhh! The good old days!!!

Dan: Right you are. I did not think anyone here would be old enough to remember which was which but I should know better. My first fighter was the F-94C. I flew with the 437th out of otis and my first Squadron Commander was a young 250 lb 6' 4" major named Chappie James. He of course went on to be a 4 star. He could barley fit in the F-94. He had just got back from Korea and I think was flying the F-86. My first assignment with the F-89C was with the 57th FIS in Iceland. We lost three in accidents while I was there. We had a number of 1st and 2nd Lt's just out of flight school and of course a lot of bad weather with no alternates. The C model had two engines but it sure did not fly very well with one particular just after lift off. I ferried a C model back to Utah and picked up a brand new F-89D which was really an upgrade from the C which was underpowered and only had 50cal guns. We got more power,more fuel,rockets,better radar and a pretty new plane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: