SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Call for volunteers for "Unfit for Command" Docume

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Call for volunteers for "Unfit for Command" Docume Reply with quote

Considering the success of the unfit for command book..... Why not make a documentary based specifically on it? It already has a straightforward outline. It would be a very successful movie. People who go see it because of the controversy. Democrats would make it more controversial, and then it would be more successful.

I posted this in the other forum and many people said they would donate to it including me.

CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
TrueAmerican(stnglvrgt@yahoo.com) volunteered,
I will do whatever I can.
Herb the forum director(HerbM@LearnQuick.Com ) volunteered to help http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4854&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

Herb said...

Quote:
Ok, I have previously offered to do a "bullet point" clarification (this is basically what I do for a living -- making complex technical subjects simple, memorably, and understandable.)

But let me be clear this is a LOT of work and I will only do it if there is some interest from the principals AND/OR some of you will volunteer to help or turn it into more advanced versions.

My first cut would be a Word/Powerpoint document that can be turned into PDF and Web-HTML versions.

Now, if you want to do a documentary or even just animations, you can take such a simplification/clarification outlines and use them to create the story board for building video or animation sequence, and then elaborate the dialog or narration.

Do we have an ANIMATOR or is anyone a VIDEO editor?

Technical adviser: Swiftee from 68-70 preferred, Army SF from that time or place good too. (We need to know things like was aircover or indirect fire available to those stopped boats at the fish weir?) We at least need a combat Nam from that general area.

I was NEVER in Nam. I am Army Airborne 72-75 (hope that's ok with you Navy <grin>) and I know weapons pretty well, and after that I was a commercial diver including the Mississippie Delta and small boats in very similar (looking) waters and canals. Excellent with maps too.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am the real deal but can be a procrastinator if there are no deadlines or commitments!

My wife is a proof reader (you can likely tell that I need one <grin>) and has volunteered to help.

Anyone have a "voice"? -- I am a public speaker and can offer at least competent professional quality narration but we may be able to do better?

Anyone have a recording studio or mixing setup?

About graphics design? (related to but separate from animation)?

Project manager? (Ok, I taught project management too, but this is not my favorit role even though it must be done by someone -- I would rather do development.)

Anyone a political consultant?

Legal? (If we get serious a product created we need this...)

Publicist?

Are we serious (I am if you are) or are we all just sitting around in the geedunk (had to look that up) jawing?

I think footage could include:

Quote:
1) Kerry's picture in Communist Vietnam with commentary about it's position. Be fair and talk about when this picture was taken, but also about it's significance about where it is.

2) Cover of Kerry's book. The New Soldier and it's upside down flag.

3) Personal testimonies and interviews from many swift boats veterans.

4) Many of the resulting democratic smear campaign against the vets without answering their charges, can include newspapers, clips from tv, etc. Success of message getting out there despite the ruses.

5) Tons of contradictory Quotes and statements from Kerry.

6) Interviews with Gridleys for truth veterans.

7) Articles that show Kerry admitting to self-inflicted first purple heart.

That political cartoon someone posted in a different thread that shows Kerry's hypocrisy.

9) Video of Kerry admitting to being a war criminal.

10) Shot of the simple filled out 180 form that all Kerry needs to do is sign.

Please post here for other ideas for footage for a documentary.
I think it will be a necessity to make this.

It could be released on DVD, free online or only at the movies.

The visuals really hit home with people and people who don't spend the time to read will go to watch this. SBVT supporters will invite many people and the press will attack the truth and the truth will win.

Commercials are to brief to really show the truth about Kerry. They are good, but a full length documentary would be amazing.
manelly
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy I could prob scrape up $100 would that help?

I'd really have to dig though.
I have set some $$ aside for another donation to SBVT next week after O'Neil's interview with O'Reilly.
I wish I had some sort of media type talent Embarassed
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe a part of your desire has been answered. As posted elsewhere, see www.stolenhonor.com
Paul Woll
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew about that. I don't believe it even scratches the surface of all of the allegations and information in Unfit for Command. That is more of an emotional appeal.

Unfit for COmmand. Best Seller. Would result in a much larger response than that tv documentary. Stolen HOnor is good, but misses a lot of the points about Kerry. Meetings with the enemy in Paris while still in service, meetings he was at that discussed assassinations, Swift vet claims, MSM attacks and bias.

I believe this is necessary to start NOW in order to be ready to counter the 57 or so million that the democrats have spent between now and elections start appearing and Michael Moores DVD coming out next month.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Idea but we need to do something more immediate. We need to set up Informational Pickets at all of the John Kerry Campaign Offices across America. Take the truth to them because they will refuse to read the truth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: