SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John O'Neill on Bill O'Reilly Tuesday 09/07
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:51 pm    Post subject: John O'Neill on Bill O'Reilly Tuesday 09/07 Reply with quote

FOX news channel

To add to recent discourse on BO'REilly. . .

BOR has been on the radio talking about his plans to have John O'Neill on his show next Tues. night--says he needed time read the book and do research to make sure he is fair, and he appreciates O'Neill coming on his show.

Seems like it's taking BOR and his crack research staff a lot of time to read the book and do the research! Anyway, for BOR to state that he has been withholding his opinion until he can get to the bottom of this is laughable. How many times early on did BOR talk about how slimey the SV ads are.

Last edited by arymann on Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
llano
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill will welcome BOR to the real No Spin Zone with all his facts. Very Happy
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I just heard on O’Reilly that he’s having O’Neill on his Tuesday show! BOR indicated something to the effect that he/his people had to thoroughly checkout O’Neill b/f having him on show—this can only help our cause, IMHO.

This is great news. He’s finally giving SBVT their due. I expect O’Reilly will be tough, and fair, on O’Neill, as he should be, and I expect O’Neill will be, as always, extremely effective.

Seems our BOR emails, to give the SBVT their due, has had the appropriate affect. God bless the vets, and God bless America.

USAF 66-70
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe he will be fair.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Reilly has proven to be a snake. I have all the confidence in the world that O'Neill is more than up to the challenge.

I will turn on O'Reilly for this --- but otherwise I have shut him off. Thank God I can program my TV so I don't miss Hannity.
Slednfool
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My boycott of his show must have worked. Its still going to be the last time I watch him.
arymann
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Neill is a Saint IMO. He'll do fine.

I think BORE's gotten so much flak from his SwiftVets attitude that he's going to have to be fair. He'll be blown away by O'Neill in any event. Maybe O'Neill will at least get a chance to answer without interruption on BORE's show.

Go SwiftVets! Go Zell!
I'm mad as Zell, and I'm not going to take it any more!

Last edited by arymann on Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder just how many emails he's getting. Last week at the end of his show, just as he always now includes that "cause we're lookin out for you," he said it differently, like he was thinking about something, he said it quiet and with no smile. Sort of like he was trying to say, "cause...we really are....lookin out for you." Anybody catch that? He normally is all smiles at the end. Not the time I saw. I think they've been getting a lot of mail about this...I hope.
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit I do not trust BOR either. He has been very outspoken about his feelings regarding the Swiftvets, he has been negative and he is
not the type to actually say he may be mistaken in his thinking.

So, read the book, do your checking and then lets see what you are
made of, are you man enought to admit you were very wrong about
where the truth is coming from, Kerry or the Swiftvets?

Is he is sincere it will be easily seen and I will be the first to say,"Well
done, Bill."

I will also be very fast at getting out a real nasty note to let him know
he did a seriou manipulation of his viewers, and they won't like Mr. O'Neill
being used to just get high ratings in Tue.
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:54 pm    Post subject: Bill O'Reilly Reply with quote

My only hope is that Bill O'Reilly will stick to asking questions and not interrupt O'Neill and "bloviate" his own personal opinion. The real subject of discussion is not O'Reilly or O'Neill, but John Kerry.

Probably a lot of hostile E-mails, plus his own poll showing that 62% of his viewers wanted more discussion about SBVT, might have changed his mind.
68RSVN
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cjg wrote:

So, read the book, do your checking and then lets see what you are
made of, are you man enought to admit you were very wrong about
where the truth is coming from, Kerry or the Swiftvets?
Has ANY portion of the book been proven wrong so far?
frankzzz
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a dupe thread but here's a post I made on the other Bill O'Relly thread.

Once again, I find myself wanting to play Devil’s Advocate for Bill O’Reilly.

Bill O’Reilly is not a news anchor or news reporter. He is a news commentator and, in that role, he does not report the news; he only comments on the news. As a commentator, he gives us his views and only his views and he is under no obligation to be fair or balanced while doing so. This would be different if he portrayed himself as someone who was reporting the news. And I think it is very important to keep this point in mind when discussing the relevance of his show.

That said, when I watch his show, I usually expect him to have guests who oppose his views so I would expect John O’Neill’s interview to be one where Bill O’Rielly opposes John O’Neill. And, personally, I would not want it any other way. I also expect O’Reilly to be fair with O’Neill and would be surprised to see any Chris-Matthews-type antics.

In my opinion, much of the SBVT’s credibility stems from the fact that the media has gone out of their way to condemn them and, yet, the American people still believe them because they always come across as telling the truth. And, the tougher the interview, the more this fact comes across. I have yet to see an interview were these guys did not score some good points (regardless of the hostility of the person giving the interview). And, when the goal is to undermine a candidate’s credibility, a few good points is all it really takes.

So, please, I beg you guys to continue to take every opportunity to keep hammering home the message that the media simply cannot possibly know the truth until candidate Kerry releases ALL of his records and journals.

Force them to start asking the dreaded “WHY” question.

Why does the candidate want to keep those records away from the media’s scrutiny?
TruthCanHurt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Additionally, maybe it will finally get him to read Unfit fo Command. ????
BOR is and has claimed to be close friends to Kerry, he even commented on the back cover of Kerry's Tour for Duty book.
JimJ
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Will Oniel have the chance to be prepared. Reply with quote

I personally would love to see a piercing interview. I will only add to SVBT credibilty on this issue.

What I think I often see, is out of the blue flank attacks in these kinds of interviews where only the very quick witted can counter punch. Will O'neill know ahead of time what source material he needs to have on hand that lends credence to his claims. After all a lot has been said and claimed. A full package of backup doumentation and references will be a heavy load to bring along.
BenJaxBchFL
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Question:

HOW MUCH TIME WILL BILL GIVE O'NEILL?

WILL BILL ALLOW O"NEILL TO MAKE POINTS RATHER THAN JUST ANSWER BILL"S SELECTED QUESTIONS?

I still think O'Neill will do fine but hope BOR gives the SBVT's a fair shot at making the key points. Especially, Form 180 to release nearly 100 documents, citations not recognized by their authors (Sec. Lehman), and how come no one is shot in what must have been a turkey shoot in the rescue of Rassmann.
The war against terrorism is not that Americans might die rather that we would alter our way of living. If we get to a point where we choose not to go out because of fear, our economy will sink and in the end so will our nation. Vote Bush.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: