SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question - Kerry's selection and training

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: I'm wondering how Kerry got his commissionin the first place Reply with quote

I know what my own opinion of John Kerry is, but I'm wondering about those who were responsible for his induction and training.
Who were those men who first came into contact with him in a military
situation? What was the opinion of his training officers and fellow enlistees? Did he recieve any combat training and if so, where?
I think that the Navy must have been really hard up for line officers to have let someone like him get by the boards. The enlisted services generally weed out men like that in boot camp. But I guess it's another story for officers. It seems it's always been that way. If you have enough money, you can buy a commission in the local commisary.
A bloke might have a lot of different reasons for joining the military. Some join because it gives them a chance to do something with their lives that would be otherwise unavailable to them. I suppose I fall into that category.
Some others join looking for glory as if getting your head shot off is glorious. That sort usually ends up making an ass of himself and getting folks killed in the process. If you have any experience in dealing with people, those types are easily recognizeable.
Rolling Eyes

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: