SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

He STILL says he served "two tours"!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Battleship Bob
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: He STILL says he served "two tours"! Reply with quote

Six months ago I didn't give a diddly-squat about who would be the Democratic candidate for President. Too early for me to get all riled up about who's facing W in November.

After Howard Dean showed that he can fly over that cookoo's nest with the best of them, I started paying a little more attention to JFK2. Yale grad, US Navy(like myself) officer(not like myself), decorated Vietnam vet, US Senator........pretty impressive.......especially the part on his resume that said he served "Two Tours of Duty in Vietnam." To stupid little old me that meant that this guy spent 2 YEARS IN COUNTRY in Vietnam. That made sense since he and his campaign also continued to mention his medal count.....3 PH, 1 Silver Star, and 1 Bronze Star......not an unheard of amount of hardware for 2 YEARS worth of service. I must say I was impressed! I still wouldn't have voted for him, myself being a Reagan Republican, but I still was impressed............for a couple of weeks.

Then it happened. I found out about you folks and the TRUTH about John F. Kerry and his LIES about his Naval career. Mr. Kerry, 4 1/2 MONTHS in Vietnam does NOT equal "Two Tours of Duty." I know this is a small or even trivial point compared with his conduct with VVAW, Hanoi Jane, and his being AWOL from Senate voting responsibilities but this claim just sticks in my craw!

This morning he's saying the same old, same old..........VP Cheney's five deferments vs. his "Two Tours of Duty." Mr. Cheney took advantage of what was his RIGHT at the time. He committed NO crime in using those deferments. Mr. Kerry, if you can't be honest with the American people about something as trivial as how long you were actually IN Vietnam, then I suspect many other of your claims are exagerated or false.

Several old sayings come to mind here: "Oh, the tangled web we weave........," etc., etc. Bottom line for me is this....John Kerry's entire campaign for President of the United States is based on a foundation of LIES and dis-honorable service. That foundation is crumbling and will continue to crumble. I plan on doing whatever I can(including more donations to my heroes, SBVFT) to bring this SOB to his knees!!!

Bob

http://ussiowa.org/
http://holyloch.com/
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His two tours are factual, after a fashion. His tour on the USS Gridley counted as the first.
Here's the Gridley page.
http://home.nycap.rr.com/pwcarter/the%20kerry%20page.html

welcome, btw, you certainly aren't the first to wake up to the fact that the senator was THAT guy.. Smile Smile
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way I heard it he did a 7 week deployment on the Gridley to there, does not count as a Tour.
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
Way I heard it he did a 7 week deployment on the Gridley to there, does not count as a Tour.

I heard it was a year, but neither of us have any posted links.
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Gridley Tour Reply with quote

It must count because I read on one of these threads that the Gridley was in fact off shore for two weeks while he was on board. So that's 2 weeks for his first tour, and 4 months for his second. Seeing as how VN was a former Friench colony, how about credit for a third tour when he went to Paris to meet with the communists?
WHAT A p**z! How can he continue to try to BS those who had boots in-country? Maybe he shoud get better handlers? How about Sigfried & Roy? Oops, that tiger wasn't friendly after all! An neither are we! Twisted Evil
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Information is here somewhere. A Tour is One Year, you do not get Credit for a Tour for less than that amount of time. It was a Deployment, not a Tour. Call it Semantics, but it is a huge difference in Terminology.

Last edited by rb325th on Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol he reminds me of one of my best friends.

he goes on cruise (ROTC) this summer, in the freakin north atlantic, and says "I'll be at war"
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL...My last one was 352...I guess I'm gettin short changed Very Happy
USWORHOCKEY
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's an FNG for life Laughing
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A Tour is One Year, you do not get Credit for a Tour for less than that ampint of time.

If you want to be REAL technical, a year is a SHORT tour. A LONG tour is over three years.

Adding up all of Kerry's in-theater time STILL comes to less than HALF of a SHORT tour in Vietnam. However, if you count his overseas time on Yankee Station in combination with his in-country time, he's pretty close to a complete WESTPAC short tour.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry's gettin' slicker.
Notice how he now only says that he served two tour of active duty.
He doesn't mention Vietnam anywhere in his two tour statement.
1IDVET
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Kerry's gettin' slicker.
Notice how he now only says that he served two tour of active duty.
He doesn't mention Vietnam anywhere in his two tour statement.

That little tid bit will be lost on the masses that are clueless as to what a tour of duty really is. Rolling Eyes
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BATTLESHIP BOB wrote:

Quote:
Several old sayings come to mind here: "Oh, the tangled web we weave........,"

Not to forget..."Your sins shall find you out." Even if it is 35 years later.

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my understanding Kerry was on thhe USS Gridley (sp) for a year. In that year time they did cruise over to Vietnam for it was either 5 or 7 months - so that made it a "tour" of Vietnam.
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 5 weeks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: