SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bob Bennet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Papa Yolk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Bob Bennet Reply with quote

My small town has one store, two churches, and no post office. There are two bronze star citations (with V) hanging on my neighbor’s wall. R A, Retired. When Kerry seemed to have locked his party’s nomination Bob started getting jumpy, chewing nails. I told him he had to let it go; it was eating him. Bob’s wife says the dreams, gone for years, started again. He was young and running, wadding his sheets into a pile at the foot of the bed and calling out the names of dying friends. Bob’s heart gave out back in the delta while he was home in his bed. Goodbye “Top”. Kerry’s lies just killed another good man.
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the loss of your friend. May he be able to finally Rest in Peace.
AMOS
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Tear jerker. Reply with quote

That's sad about your friend, Bob. It's terrible he had to suffer like that for so long.

I cried. I have my Superman T-shirt on and I cried.

Semper Fidelis

Amos.
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: bad dreams Reply with quote

Papa,
Sorry to hear about your friend, I met a friend about 8 years ago and we both loved surf fishing. Being vets we would talk about most things, but I would never ask for details. Steve would be just like anyone else,but about once a month he would hole-up,he wouldnt answer the door or pick up the phone, for 3 or 4 days.
I accepted it without question, the fish aint going anywhere. I only got worried when he started giving things away, in the end he drove down to the beach and took his life. I quit fishing that area.
Steve was a medic in Nam, I later learned that he had seen to much and 30 years wasnt long enough for the screams to go away.
When I visit the Wall I know I wont see his name, but I will think about him.
Covan MI
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some with the worst wounds didn't bleed or get PHs.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we have this traitor Kerry opening up all these old wounds...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: