SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's advisers
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Kerry's advisers Reply with quote

Do you think that Kerry's advisers are giving him bad advise on purpose to make sure he loses, so Hilliary can run in 2008, can't believe anyone can be so stupid as Kerry to keep bringing up Vietnam..but then again what else doe he have..

Last edited by rparrott21 on Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: have, have well he has, thinking , thinking Reply with quote

His mirror
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His personality won't let him. He must be the center of the universe, the knight in shining armor, the hero. He can't help himself.

Illusions of grandeur !!!!

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw an article from I think 1996 that said Mccain told him back then that if he runs to keep his service out of it....

He should have listened....

Oh well... You reap what You sew.....

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

lolajl
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooncusser wrote:
His personality won't let him. He must be the center of the universe, the knight in shining armor, the hero. He can't help himself.

sort of, like that knight in Shrek 2?
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooncusser wrote:

Illusions of grandeur !!!!

You mean like this?

http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=45

Narcissistic Personality Disorder.... Hmmm... An explanation

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dis1/p21-pe07.html

Diagnostic Criteria

A pervasive pattern of grandiosity (in fantasy or behavior), need for admiration, and lack of empathy, beginning by early adulthood and present in a variety of contexts, as indicated by five (or more) of the following:

1. has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
2. is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
3. believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
4. requires excessive admiration
5. has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
6. is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
7. lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
8. is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
9. shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

Differential Diagnosis

Histrionic Personality Disorder; Antisocial Personality Disorder; Borderline Personality Disorder; Obsessive-Compulsive Personality Disorder; Schizotypal Personality Disorder; Paranoid Personality Disorder; Manic Episodes; Hypomanic Episodes; Personality Change Due to a General Medical Condition; symptoms that may develop in association with chronic substance use.

I'd say that IMHO, this may POSSIBLY explain Kerry's actions as an individual and may be worth checking into...

Perhaps we can get some help for him...

This is just my opinion, and it may be wrong, but this is the way I see it...

Here is a site for self-diagnosis...

Maybe Kerry can confirm this or not?

http://www.mentalhealth.com/dx/dx-pe07.html

Treatment possibilities are here:
http://www.mentalhealth.com/rx/p23-pe07.html

Don't worry Kerry,

"Help is on the way"

Thoughts observations, am I full of bunk when I came across this?

Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar5 wrote:
I saw an article from I think 1996 that said Mccain told him back then that if he runs to keep his service out of it....

He should have listened....

Oh well... You reap what You sew.....

I am forced to admit that I'm completely flummoxed by McCain's lack of outrage. He has not put any emotion behind his words that John F-ing Kerry's post Viet Nam life is fair game. Everytime I see him, I expect him to support Kerry, and insist that everyone back off. IMO, McCains' whole attitude over this is illogical. Anyone else see this in McCain?
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar5, that's it !

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
air_vet
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zinfella wrote:
IMO, McCains' whole attitude over this is illogical. Anyone else see this in McCain?

McCain can't relate to the hatred and other experiences the majority of the returning Viet Nam vets experienced. When he was finally returned home, he came home as a hero. He doesn't understand the full impact of what candidate Kerry did to other vets.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain, like all politicians became a political animal, void of thought except re-election.

It is a tragedy. One reason I support term limits.

zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooncusser wrote:
McCain, like all politicians became a political animal, void of thought except re-election.

In McCains case I agree with you, but this appears to be a total disconnect to his constituents. Not that he hasn't been out of touch with us on other issues, but this issue is huge in terms of national importance, and I would think that he would want to be seen as more than casual about it. Maybe that's why he's a senator and I'm just an old fart. Laughing
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sonar5 is absolutely correct. Treatment prognosis is very, very poor.
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Kerry's Advisors Reply with quote

His advisors can give him their advice good or bad but the final decision is Kerry's. If he is using bad advice lets hope he keeps it up.

RHV
gkdechow
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be kind of like the fact Hitler wouldn't accept any advice late in WWII and how many lives that saved the Alies. Just say a prayer of thank you and go on.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would guess from listening to McCain is that he believed he personally had done something grand in "healing the wounds" of Vietnam. He kissed & made up with Kerry, and they worked together on the POW/MIA issue. In his mind, that closed the book on Vietnam. He keeps saying we don't need to reopen old wounds. I think he sees it as his big accomplishment, his legacy, even, being unravelled.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: