SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Capt. Jack Mc Clure, US Army 1965 KIA, sound familiar?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dennispro
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Capt. Jack Mc Clure, US Army 1965 KIA, sound familiar? Reply with quote

Jack McClure was my 2nd Cousin, and I am trying to find some additional information about him. I know that he was a casualty on New Year's Eve of 1965, but I am trying to find out some more specific details about his time in Vietnam, and his time in the Army in general. I vaguely remember him from when I was younger, but I know that he was a big factor in my joining the military when I was old enough to do so.

Any information I can get would be greatly appreciated.

Essayons

Just lookin' for the truth... wherever that might take me.
Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Captain,
have any names of his fellow Squad,platoon members,company,Div.,etc etc? more then happy to find em for you and your family.
all the best
John
dennispro
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the offer John.

Unfortunately, I don't have ANY details about him, or even the unit to which he was attached at the time of his death. My mother was very close to Jack, and has always had questions about him. I am just trying to give her a little closure, if that is possible.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Essayons

Detective
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm......not much to work with Dennis, but I love a challenge.We can sit here like the french and do nothing or get to work.DO you have any contacts at BUPARS? How about his funeral? Guest book will have friends names who attended.Do we have his date of death?From there I can research the Obits in newspapers for info.It surely will have what province he died in combat and we can go from there.
I'm running some record checks now, it will take some time to get them back as the Govt is as you well know very slow in responding to any inquiry.....but you never know..I have had them work wonders for me in the past on cases too.Just depends on whos desk my request lands on.

more later,
John
dennispro
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again John

Here is the info that I know:

CAPT - O3 - Army - Reserve
35 year old Married, Caucasian, Male
Born on Jan 30, 1930
From MODESTO, CALIFORNIA
Length of service 18 years.
His tour of duty began on Jul 09, 1965
Casualty was on Dec 31, 1965
SOUTH VIETNAM
HOSTILE, GROUND CASUALTY
GUN, SMALL ARMS FIRE
Body was recovered
Religion
PROTESTANT

Panel 04E - - Line 46

This coming from www.thewall-usa.com. There are a couple of people who posted comments there about him, but I have not been able to track them down to ask questions. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Essayons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Looking for a shipmate? All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: