SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1970: Kerry SAYS he was ordered to destroy Viet Cong village

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:14 am    Post subject: 1970: Kerry SAYS he was ordered to destroy Viet Cong village Reply with quote

This article has a number of very troubling remarks by Kerry.

This link has the original Harvard Paper Article http://www.thecrimson.com/article.aspx?ref=352185

Below are selected paragraphs...bolding and underlining are mine.
(I presume he was flying Ted Kennedy's advisor while still active...hence the signout sheet....but I am not positive on that assumption.)
============================================

At Yale, Kerry was chairman of the Political Union and later, as Commencement speaker, urged the United States to withdraw from Vietnam and to scale down foreign military operations. And this was way back in 1966.

When he approached his draft board for permission to study for a year in Paris, the draft board refused and Kerry decided to enlist in the Navy. The Navy assigned him to the USS Gridley which between December 1966 and July 1968 saw four months of action off the Vietnam coast. In August through November, 1968, Kerry was trained to be the skipper of a patrol boat for Vietnamese rivers. For the next five months, until April of 1969, Kerry was the commanding Lieutenant of a patrol boat in the Mekong Delta. He was wounded slightly on three different occasions and received a Silver Star for bravery. His patrol boat took part in Operation Sealords, mostly scouting out Viet Cong villages and transporting South Vietnamese marines to various destinations up and down narrow rivers covered with heavy foliage on either side. One time Kerry was ordered to destroy a Viet Cong village but disobeyed orders and suggested that the Navy Command simply send in a Psychological Warfare team to be friend the villagers with food, hospital supplies, and better educational facilities.

Kerry is a pilot, and on October 14 and 15 he flew Ted Kennedy's advisor Adam Walinsky by private plane throughout the State of New York so that Walinsky could give speeches against the Vietnam War. But Kerry was smart enough not to put down "Moratorium" on the Navy signout sheet for that Tuesday and Wednesday. The following month, Kerry was sick and did not engage in the November moratorium activities.

He supports a volunteer Army, "if and only if we can create the controls for it. You're going to have to prepare for the possibility of a national emergency, however." Kerry said that the United Nations should have control over most of our foreign military operations. "I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations."

On other issues, Kerry wants "to almost eliminate CIA activity. The CIA is fighting its own war in Laos and nobody seems to care." He also favors a negative income tax and keeping unemployment at a very low level, "even if it means selective economic controls."
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's quit being politically correct OK?

Kerry is a Marxist and always has been!
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to hear just exactly which one of his commanders SUPPOSEDLY ordered him to destroy that village. It sounds like pure fabrication to me.
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the same commander that was 'relieved of duty' for continually ordering soldiers do to things they found distasteful.

Do we know who this guy would've been? it was his first swiftboat commanding officer....
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:

I absolutely agree with that. I also absolutely believe the so-called anti-war movement was designed to stop the United States from ever being able to fight a war effectively again. It was not just Viet Nam.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm an internationalist. I'd like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations."

Funny how they called Zell Miller a liar for saying Kerry had said this.

Glad you found this. I was having trouble locating the quote. I knew I had read that somewhere.
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Re: 1970: Kerry SAYS he was ordered to destroy Viet Cong vil Reply with quote

integritycounts wrote:
One time Kerry was ordered to destroy a Viet Cong village but disobeyed orders and suggested that the Navy Command simply send in a Psychological Warfare team to be friend the villagers with food, hospital supplies, and better educational facilities.

If the village truly contained VC sympathizers, then we simply handed all of those supplies directly to Mr.Charles. I'm sure they appreciated it, since we spent a lot of time destroying their food and hospital supplies everywhere else.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a pure Lie IMO, and he should indicate to which commander he disobeyed orders to....as soon as he were to name that person, he knows the record would not support it....and likely a person would step up and say he is full of sh-t
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. non-specific strikes again. He's full of hearsay, misconceptions and other stuff. Enough! Mr. Kerry, write down the details and give them to someone, anyone. We'd all like to vet your case. If you have no details just shut up and go home.
Becky
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:

(size reduced)

Finally! Plain speaking Laughing
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike most of the media...and what they don't understand....is that many swing voters want to see Kerry address his comments here.

I don't think he was ordered to destroy a village, and I would like to hear him say who exactly told him to do that.

I don't think his stand now about the United Nations is significantly different than it was back for this article....I want to see him address it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: