SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

*Kerry Dynamic-Exploiting his Character -How?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: *Kerry Dynamic-Exploiting his Character -How? Reply with quote

Kerry Dynamic.... Character <---Will It Backfire on Him?

Hi all,

Ok, I've been pondering this since I heard it last night on MSNBC... In Lieu of the awesome job SBVFT is doing with the ad campaign... (You have all contributed, right???)

Anyway, Ron Silver brought up what I thought was an interesting dynamic into the discussion, and I was wondering.

What is the best way to exploit this to our advantage?

Partial Transcript From here:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5899505/
Quote:
SCARBOROUGH: I‘m talking about Ron Silver right now.

SILVER: You know what I think is going to happen in this election because of 9/11? What happens in New York City all the time. I think Joe will back me up on this. If there‘s an African-American candidate running in this city, the polls are always skewed 8 to 10 percent the wrong way. Because when you poll everybody, they say of course I‘d vote for an African-American. Of course I‘m for him. Of course I‘m that kind of person.

Then they walk into the booth and all of a sudden, the eight points disappear. I think you‘re going to have a lot of people in this election saying I‘m a Democrat. I feel good about it. And then they‘re going to walk into the booth, close that curtain, and they‘re going to say I‘m going to vote for the son of a .... because I feel safer with him.

SCARBOROUGH: Now let me ask you this, Ron.

REAGAN: That‘s true, that‘s true.

SCARBOROUGH: Ron, did you just come up with that tonight?

SILVER: What?

SCARBOROUGH: Did you come up with that tonight? Because I‘ve heard that by three or four pollsters who are whispering that to me, that people are ashamed to tell pollsters that they‘re voting for George W. Bush. And I‘m talking about people that run some of the biggest polling organizations in America. They really think that some people are going to say I‘m voting for Kerry, but actually going to vote their fear and vote for George W. Bush.

SILVER: I live in a community that is shameless. And I hear the same thing. So I think it‘s going to happen.

TRIPPI: Well, the other thing that happens, though, it‘s different in a presidential race, is undecideds almost always move to the incumbent president. It‘s different than what happens in the governor or Senate race, where they are kind of like—already made a decision to move against the incumbent when they‘re undecided.

In a presidential race, undecideds, most cases move to the commander-in-chief. They know not the commander-in-chief that - you know, sitting in the wings.

In other words, Reagan, Trippi, Scarbourough, and Silver seem to agree on this dynamic. So how do we exploit this when speaking to others.

How can I when talking to someone infer to them as a kerry supporter that when all is said and done, it comes down to Character, Trust, and safety, and to pull the lever, touch the screen, or punch the chad for President Bush, and not for kerry?

Any thoughts, etc.... I think this is a dynamic that can be put into people's minds so that come election day, that is their thought going in.

These need to be quick conversation starters, and bytes, like outside Church, Schools, Meetings, etc.... This is besides sending them to swiftvets.com

Thank You

Best Regards,
Joe

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

Last edited by Sonar5 on Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust, honor, integrity. God-fearing, traditional, steadfast. Steady, reliable, committed. Which candidate embodies those qualities to you?

If you had to leave your 16 year old daughter with a babysitter, and the sitter was one of the presidential candidates, which one would it be?

Character counts.

Oh, I like the "three-dimensional" look of your SKS sticker. Makes the lettering jump right off the ribbon. BZs!

(whoops, I looked at the ribbon on the sig line and thought you were Tom. Sorry! Excellent artwork!)
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Frogg
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I hope if people vote for "Bush" that they are not voting their "fear". I hope they are voting their "intelligence"!
Sonar5
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:44 pm    Post subject: Point Taken... Reply with quote

Frogg wrote:
Well, I hope if people vote for "Bush" that they are not voting their "fear". I hope they are voting their "intelligence"!

But we are talking about kerry Supporters or Moderates and Independants. This Morning President Bush talked about the Growth of Jobs over the last year, the fact that unemployment right now is lower than the average in the 70's, 80's, & 90's.

And I don't think it is fear. I don't fear terrorists, I just don't want kerry being elected and giving our country away to the Terrorists or the UN. Fear is a dem talking point, IMHO.

Intelleigence is sitting down with them for about an hour going over this site, accomplishments, etc... Something some will not be interested in. There are so many poeple that are just not interested and all they are exposed to is sound bytes in the MSM.

That is what I want to combat, those who don't do research, won't do research, and believe what they hear or read in the MSM. I'm talking about quick conversations where unfortunately intelligence won't have time to be seared (pun) into their memory.

It is about who can better protect our country at this most important time.

Regards,
Joe

And Cipher... thank you for the comments.... Much Appreciated.

My Home at AboutPolitics.net:
http://www.aboutpolitics.net/phpBB2/index.php

jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The amazing thing is that those that don't do research and just pick up MSM garbage or DNC talking points --- they are still going into the voting booths.

It is amazing that people too disinterested to attempt to educate themselves still feel qualified to vote.
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cipher wrote:
Oh, I like the "three-dimensional" look of your SKS sticker. Makes the lettering jump right off the ribbon. BZs!

Agreed. Good job Sonar5! I much prefer it to the other, ealier one where the dark red background stripes blend into the dark text too much and make it hard to read.
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there was another terrorist attack, or, God forbid, a series of attacks a month or two after we had elected Kerry, we would have a disaster that would have to be handled by not only a new President, but a new Sec. of State, Nat'l Security Adviser, VP,---an entirely new cabinet. That thought should be enough to scare any sissy into punching the Bush chad all the way through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: