SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Superrich Stand to Profit From Kerry

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Superrich Stand to Profit From Kerry Reply with quote

What with all the rhetoric coming from the Kerry camp against the wealthy and how he will make them "pay their fair share," one has to wonder why any of them would support him, especially George Soros. The article below shows how the richest of the rich would actually make a larger profit from Kerrys and the lefts plan to end tax breaks and such for them.

It's no wonder billionares like Soros are willing to spend so much money defeating Bush when their own wealth will actually grow under Kerry.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/printer-friendly.asp?ARTICLE_ID=38077
kyleparr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where to begin. Yikes.

Quote:
It's difficult to tell how exactly Soros would benefit, because there is little transparency in his holdings. Soros' funds are held privately and do not have to be reported to the Securities and Exchange Commission.

In fact Insight got an unusually hostile response from Soros' spokesman for even questioning whether Soros would benefit financially from his huge expenditures on political activity.

"I have no faith in the ability or desire of Insight magazine to portray George Soros' activities in an unbiased manner," said Michael Vachon, the spokesman for Soros Fund Management in New York City.

Pressed, he finally said, "There's no relationship between the policy prescriptions George Soros recommends and his own financial holdings. He doesn't make policy recommendations to increase his own personal wealth. That's not what motivates him."

I love the fact that they make a bunch of statements, followed by this disclaimer stating they really have no idea what the REAL situation is. Also, Insight will NOT be unbiased. Like talking to 60 Minutes.

this is an editorial anyway, with no intention of being fair. See below.

Quote:
But one thing the laudatory articles didn't say is that Buffet owns insurance companies that profit mightily from the threat posed by the estate tax.

Dena Battle, tax-policy analyst for the National Federation for Independent Business, or NFIB , says many of that group's members have businesses worth $1 million or more, but have take-home pay around $50,000. Because the estate tax currently hits 55 percent of income over a certain threshold, the only way many small-business owners can pass on their businesses to their children is by buying a life-insurance policy to prepay the tax. The policy, of course, also includes hefty fees for the insurer.

An obfuscation. Why not state the threshold? Because it is higher than 1 million?? Maybe. Paul Wellstone proposed capping the exemption for family farms and small businesses at $8 million, but the republicans rejected that. - Senate Amendment 3832 to H. R 8

Here is a little estate tax fact - in 1999, 25 percent of the estate taxes came from 467 estates. The tax itself effects less than 2 percent of estates! October 20, 2002 - New York Times "For Richer"

Quote:
Tim Graham, director of media analysis at the Media Research Center, notes that Soros regularly is described as a philanthropist, whereas no such term ever is affixed to Richard Mellon Scaife, who gives to conservative causes and is portrayed by the liberal media as an agitator.

This was so even though the sums he gave to conservative and anti-Clinton groups were a fraction of his giving. Scaife gave mostly to ballet companies and other cultural institutions in his hometown of Pittsburgh, carefully keeping his economic interests separated from his philanthropy.

Wow. I wonder if he gave to his Yacht Club or his Golf Course. He did not even make his money, like Soros did, butr\ like Bush, did NOTHING and had it handed to him. Here is where Mr. Scaife put shis money. Hardly PHILANTHROPY.
http://www.mediatransparency.org/funders/scaife_foundations.htm
http://www.cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/1998/04/27/scaife.profile/

An article on Soros Giving - (dated)
http://www.druglibrary.org/olsen/dpf/soros.html

Read up on both and then tell me who is really charitable.

Richard Mellon Scaife - Yikes. - Is this the best the Republicans can come up with. A debutante giving to Think Tanks? Yeah, I can see how he is charitable.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and Lew. Your title to this thread is MISLEADING to the point of being a LIE!!!!! Nowhere in the entire article does it do anything to prove the point that they will get rich from Kerry's policies. As a matter of fact, ot never even talks about Kerry's policies.

HONOR? HONOR??? WTF?
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle, again you show yourself to be just another Kerry stooge.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2004 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew, that was a fantastci rebuttal! Wow!! You rule!! You f-ing rule!! I am owned. Damn Lew!!! HELL YEAH!!! I see your point now! How could I have missed it. Once again, your depth of analysis and argument are unparallelled.

yikes...
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see... George Soros is throwing millions and millions of dollars into the Kerry campaign (via BowelMove.org, which, by the way, is illegal, but that's another story) and we're supposed to believe that he won't expect anything in return?

Pardon me while I laugh in your general direction.... Laughing
FoxURA
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On (brace yourself Kyle) Rush Limbaugh's show the possibility was brought up that if a Democrat were elected, more money would be pumped into the already bloated welfare system and that George Soros just migh have investments in the companies that would directly profit from the welfare system. It is all about Following the money trail.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot believe the responses.

Quote:
On (brace yourself Kyle) Rush Limbaugh's show the possibility was brought up that if a Democrat were elected, more money would be pumped into the already bloated welfare system and that George Soros just migh have investments in the companies that would directly profit from the welfare system. It is all about Following the money trail.

FYI - At one point in his life, Rush was on welfare.
FYI2 - this argument extends to the war machine that is feeding Hallibuton and Bechtel

Quote:
Let's see... George Soros is throwing millions and millions of dollars into the Kerry campaign (via BowelMove.org, which, by the way, is illegal, but that's another story) and we're supposed to believe that he won't expect anything in return?

Pardon me while I laugh in your general direction....

Oh. So Kenneth Lay didn't expect anything for his contributions? Smithfield foods? The Southern Companies? The pharmaceutical industry? Give me a break - the republican party is RUN by corporate executives intersted in profits at all cost.

You guys waste my time.
prdCOmom
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Rush was on Welfare?....Ain't America the land of opportunity...Awesome thx for sharing that.
There is hope for me to.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure is. Good thing there were people who cared enough to set up a program to support his fat ass while be built up his bluster. If it were up to his supporters now, he would have rotted.
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought you were leaving? Oh, I forgot, you're a Kerry supporter - FLIP -FLOP!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: