SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSM in denial.....Little reporting on new Polls

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: MSM in denial.....Little reporting on new Polls Reply with quote

There have been two block buster polls out within the last 24 Hours.
A Check of NYTimes.com, Boston.com AP.org etc...etc
show that there is nothing about the election on
their front pages!!!
Less than 60 days, only days after the RNC.
Didn't Kerry give a speech at midnight because he was so eager???

No News.........

Its like the scene in Moby Dick at the end when they wait for the
Swift Boat Vets..( opps ) I mean the Whale... the WHITE WHALE OF TRUTH.

Do I see JFKerry tied to the hull beckoning to us all????

"I'll go under before telling the truth "
FredRum
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I think they're saving up their energy to go crazy repeating the ridiculous allegations that the disgraced former Lt. Governor of Texas Ben Barnes (Kerry's #3 fundraiser from 1999-2003) is going to make tomorrow night on 60 Minutes.

Captain's Quarters has the scoop here.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some folks at the "underworld" Wink that seem to think these MSMAGS are putting out these polls showing Kerry really losing steam only so they can show him "coming back" very soon....I don't have the info on the Time poll, but the Newsweek poll has a sample that is weighted toward republicans, so the results there have to be taken with that in mind because IIRC the American electorate consists of more registered Dems than Repubs...So, following the conspiracy theory line of thinking, if you want to help Kerry out of a slight slump...find a sample that shows a huge slump...then when he gains some ground when his back is against the wall (as he has done in the past) it will look more impressive to "the folks"....I am not sure I buy it....but I also find it interesting that Kerry could go from dead even or slightly ahead to a double digit deficit when 60% of those polled said they didn't even watch the RNC coverage....and only a minority "believe" the SBVT charges....if you go on those assumptions for the respondents, then the drastic change in the polls seems a little fishy to me. Just my 2 cents.

~Kylie
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even "Dr. Evil " would want to show little or no bounce to the RNC.
And yes Arnold Schwarzenegger can spell better than I.
And I'll BE BACK

My original post:
I don't think for a minute that there was a sudden bounce after
the RNC. I think that the spread is even worse and these two
outfits are willing to break with MSM and sell their magazine.

My Take:

Lets start back in June.
LIKELY VOTERS ONLY! : not the goof with a ring through his eyelid.

I say 47% at least were going to vote for Bush with commitment
Perhaps 30% would vote for Kerry with commitment. ( anybody but Bush crowd )
Then 20% who were not undecided they just didn't either answer the
pollster or were deliberately mispolled.

MSM doctors the polls as per marching instructions. No I'm not a conspiracy nut .
Who do you think these pollsters get to make the calls?
College Kids. Carter just went to Venesula the exit polls were off by 25%
because the pollsters were predisposed to that result. Garbage in garbage out.

Along comes the Swift Vets for Truth.
Same 47%
+........10% of the 30% cave in and abandon Kerry.
+.........50% of the 20% due to the ads answer the pollsters questions.
==============

That would make the "Likely Voters"
tally more like Bush 60%
.....................Kerry 40%

And I believe this was well known.

Time and Newsweek just wanted to be the first to end the LIE.

But we all know the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth ended the LIE. Laughing[/quote]
directorblue
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:15 am    Post subject: s Reply with quote

FredRum wrote:
Sadly, I think they're saving up their energy to go crazy repeating the ridiculous allegations that the disgraced former Lt. Governor of Texas Ben Barnes (Kerry's #3 fundraiser from 1999-2003) is going to make tomorrow night on 60 Minutes.

Captain's Quarters has the scoop here.

Speaking of that, here's the letter I just sent to 60 Minutes.

###

Regarding the Ben Barnes story: I believe the New York Times has just reported that Mr. Barnes is a large individual contributor to the Kerry campaign. If the Swiftboat veterans are less credible because they took a contribution from a common contributor to Republicans, then Ben Barnes' status as the third largest contributor to Kerry's campaigns should render any direct testimony from him completely invalid.

And that's without even getting into Mr. Barnes' odd history as a "lobbyist".

The Barnes story, and your reports on this issue, are being carefully fact-checked in the blogosphere (e.g., http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/002430.php and http://blogspirator.blogspot.com/2004/08/exclusive-dirt-on-ben-barnes-claims_29.html ) .

The Swiftboat Veterans have already proven what kind of a force lies in the blogosphere. Simply from your sharedholders' perspective, I would suggest that you not further undermine your credibility as a news organization by publishing only half the Ben Barnes story. CBS' ethical reputation -- and market-share -- hinge on decisions like these. Fully disclosing Ben Barnes' history is a step in the right direction.

###
Kelly_Aims
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmmpatriot wrote:
MSMAGS are putting out these polls showing Kerry really losing steam only so they can show him "coming back" very soon....I don't have the info on the Time poll, but the Newsweek poll has a sample that is weighted toward republicans, so the results there have to be taken with that in mind because

kmmpatriot you may be on to something. The TIME Magazine poll was done even before the convention speeches were given, Aug 31 - Sep 2. So in reality, there is no possiblity this is measuring some bounce.

Any poll taken during the Republican Convention would be heavily biased toward Republicans and so inaccurate and useless. (One theory I heard was that Reps would be sitting home watching the convention, and so near the phone ready and willing to answer political polls.) This is why TIME chose to take it them, and even better, they didn't release it until a little bit after the convention so people would be confused and think it was a post-convention bounce-check.

CNSNews (which has an online poll showing that 96% of the participants think Bush will win in Nov) has an article (right next to the Time article) showing the Zogby Poll (also taken during the RNC which gives Bush 46 percent of the vote to Kerry's 44 percent, with 9 percent of voters undecided. Overall results have a 3.2 point margin or error either way - which is a virtual tie.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: