SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Letter to Mrs. Teresa Heinz Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:08 am    Post subject: Letter to Mrs. Teresa Heinz Kerry Reply with quote

Response I sent to Ohio Newspaper responding to Mrs Kerry complaining about Swift Boat Vets
An Open Letter To:
Mrs. Teresa Heinz Kerry, August 27, 2004

I read an article today, where it is quoting you as being concerned that such attacks on your husband’s military service are undermining the morale of troops currently serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. While I understand your position backing your husband, I would like maybe to answer you.
1. I guess my first point would be;
A. Where were you when our current Commander in Chief has been compared to Hitler, accused of lying about Iraq, accused of making up this war on his ranch in Crawford, Texas?
B. Where were you when Michael Moore made a movie TRASHING President Bush? Number One move in Arab world. And then Michael Moore gets a seat of Honor at DNC next to President Carter.
C. Where were you, when after the Commander in Chief makes a surprise visit to the troop, and he is accused of doing it for a Photo Op?
D. Where were you when the President is trashed on the floor of the Senate time after time?
Do you not think that these and countless others have not had a negative impact on our military, have these not aided our enemy? They do watch our TV News.

2. As a retired US Army officer, who served in Vietnam along the same area as LTJG Kerry I would say that the second point would be:
A. Your husband served in Vietnam, and I do not question his service for the 4 months he was there.
B. As a US Citizen and a member of the US Naval Active Reserve in 1970, your husband met with Madam Nguyen Thi Binh, the Foreign Minister of the Provisional Revolutionary Government of Vietnam (PRG), the political wing of the Vietcong, and with representatives of Hanoi who were in Paris for Peace talks with US Government.
C. Also in 1970 John Kerry tells The Harvard Crimson, “I’m an internationalist. I’d like to see our troops dispersed through the world only at the directive of the United Nations,” and he wants “to almost eliminate CIA activity”.
D. Your husband’s testimony before the Senate in 1971 was based on false and incorrect information (based on FBI investigation). I served in the Delta 68-69 as an advisor to the South Vietnam Army the only war crimes committed were committed by the NVA not by US Military. Your husband became a leading member of Vietnam Vets against the War. And the activities of this group provided aid and comfort to our enemy. The Commander of the North Vietnam Army said that if it had not been for the protest and problems caused by the groups lead by John Kerry and Jane Fonda that North Vietnam would have surrendered. A photograph of your husband meeting with Comrade Do Muoi of North Vietnam is displayed in the Remnants Museum (formerly the “War Crimes Museum” in the American protestors section) in Saigon.
E. As a Proudly serving member of the US Army, I had the misfortune of being in our Nations Capital in uniform 3 days after a Large Rally of the VVAW, the one where your husband threw away his or someone’s medals/ribbons. While walking down the street in uniform I was spit on and called an Fxxking Baby Killer.
F. In 1971 your husband John Kerry tells the Sunday Oklahoman that the political power in the US can and must change if the nation is to avoid violent efforts to seize power, saying “If it (the government) doesn’t change we are asking for trouble. If it is not done, those who are talking about seizing it will have every right to go after it”.
G. Because of all the protest, lead primarily by VVAW, our service members upon returning from war were treated with disrespect and disdain. The military had to stop traveling in uniform within the US because anyone in uniform was a baby killer, rapist, child molester, and other assorted criminals.

3. My final point would be that I and thousands of other Vietnam Vets had finally got over our internal wounds. America is again proud of its military. I do not have problems with those who did not serve, or choose the Guard. I had even looked over Bill Clinton’s anti war activities. We were over the pain of Nam. However, your husband has NEVER, NEVER asked for forgiveness and we do not want a man serving as the Commander in Chief who has the record of John F Kerry. John Kerry has spent more time telling America he is a WAR HERO, than he spent in Nam. I have had the great honor to meet many genuine War heroes (Medal of Honor Winners and former POW’s from WWII, Korea and Nam) from the US and the most decorated WWII member of the RAF from England. Not one of them told me he was a HERO.

I hope Mrs. Heinz Kerry that you can understand that the Swift Boat Vet and Vets like me are expressing our First Amendment Rights, we want a proud strong military commanded by a Commander in Chief that has not disgraced us, provided aid and comfort to our enemy and condoned overthrow of the US government. As a commander, I learned that the tenets of command were judgment, truthfulness, reliability, loyalty and trust. . Duty, Honor and Country.

Joe Tinsley
Sterling Heights, MI
US Army Major Retired
MACV Delta 68-69
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said. Thanks, Sir.

Phil Toth
BMC(SW)
USN ret
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great sitrep Major. I believe that most of us would concur with you completely.

I do beileve the Kerry campaign is trying to keep "Loose Cannon" Teresa out of the public's view at least in terms of having her not say any thing that isn't subject to their censor. Seems that she has already done enough damage to the campaign.
MACVJOE
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was hard to be polite, however, did not want to lower my standards to the Kerry Sliming Smearing actions. O'Neal and the other Swift Vets I have seen on interviews have responded with honor and digenty. Keeo the faith. This old Army vet salutes you.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Major!!!

BZ's for your letter! Smile You did better than I would have done under the circumstances, for sure. I sure hope the paper will print your letter.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir,

You Rock!! Outstanding letter........did they publish it or are they going to publish it.

As an soldier who spent my year in Iraq and am on the chopping block for Afganistan, I can say with all honesty, that most soldiers worst fear is that John Kerry will be elected president.

We were lucky enough to make it through 8 years of Clinton, but I believe that Kerry has a greater potential to damage our military more than Clinton ever did.

Thank you for you service to our great country.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
gator60
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Well done Reply with quote

I think also that if she wants to talk about hell, then she should understand the hell that her husband put our brave POW's threw.
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter, I am impressed. I only wonder if she ever see's it.
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great letter. The facts and nothing but the facts.
sixdogteam
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, sir!!
militarybrat
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I enjoyed your post..
What we have all failed to talk about is the way the children of the Vets were treated in the public schools at that time...I know many didn't dare tell their fathers but they were treated like antisocial members of the school. Teachers at the Public schools Hamilton High near Lockbourne AFB (Columbus , Ohio) personally singled out military dependents in class if anything went down and openly called and pointed out as "Air Force brats" in 1968-1969...Wives were treated bad at the small local stores...Base housing and base schools were not always available...My point is Vets and their dependents were also hurt by JFK and some still carry scars today....
I do not know why Ms. Heinez feels she can attack the VETS... she only married a rich American... he died and JFK again couldn't believe his "LUCK"!!!!!!
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

militarybrat: I know the feeling.
PS: Did you Know I served in Vietnam and was wounded three times?
And now I would like you to vote for me to become POTUS.
I can count on you as being part of my band of brothers YES?
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Major,

I salute you.

MACV '64...'65 Thu Thua, Long An
Rich Hanson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Letter to Mrs. Kerry Reply with quote

Thank you! I served in CORDS in the Delta in 1970; wounded and decorated. Never committed an atrocity, never heard a credible first hand account of one. While history may frown upon that War, it doesn't frown on the brave men who tried to make a difference. Kerry tried to alter this history by turning anecdotal stories he heard in campus coffee shops into the "truth."

"Tip of the hat" to all my brother Vietnam veterans. Mrs. Kerry should spend a day at the Ft. Miley VA facility; become acquainted with the individual sacrifices made on behalf of freedom.

Rich Hanson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: