SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank you Swiftees

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dorothy Schafernocker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Thank you Swiftees Reply with quote

I know it was a long time ago... but " WELCOMER HOME " to all of you. My Son Mike was a Door Gunner and Crew Chief on a Huey In Nam and he was with the Navy Seawolves that patrolled the Mekong Delta and often flew cover for you guys and Navy Seals and Special Forces.
He was in one of two choppers that were shot down over Cambodia April 28, 1969...He and his Pilot Dick Reardon and Co-pilot Hal Castle were actually buried in Cambodai for 8 months... before a Gook Surrendered and led them back into Cambodia to where they were buried,,, then 2 months later I received a Casket but it was sealed and we weren't allowed to open it... but we buried him in Arlington, Texas close to where we lived at the time. We were told it was just a small bag of bones,,, but we accepted it with Love and Sorrow. Mike was 20 years old and 2 months... The casket arrived the weekend of his 21st Birthday... so we ended up buying him a plot of ground for his 21st Birthday... Some gift!!!!
Alot has happened since then... My husband divorced me after 30 good years of marriage.. actually 29 good years... the last year was lousy!. thats another story... but the Good Lord had other plans for me....Sept., Oct, & Nov., 1989 then April thru Nov 1990... I ended up as driver of one of the Moving Walls from San Jose, Ca... that John Devitt had.... his other driver had gotten sick so I ended up as driver and I drove the Moving Wall all over the USA... me and the 58,000 guys and gals on the Wall.... and they watched over me. It had to be the Highest Honor and the biggest step in Healing... for me and for thousands of you Vets who came to the Wall for the first time. Soooo
since I have a long last name..... Schafernocker.... most of you guys can't pronounce it... so they started calling me " Momma Nocker "... only after they get to know me... you guys like to add and S on the end... Momma Nockers.... I think its a Man thing... but it IS said with LOVE!!!!
I am VERY PROUd of what all you did... and are doing now... telling the TRUTH! Keep it up.
Incidentally.... I just adopted all you guys... so I am Yore Udder Mudder from now on.
Incidentally Nov 3 thru 7th the Navy
Seawolves is having another Reunion... this time at the Town & Country INN in Charleston S. C. If any of you are close by you would be very welcome. I will have a display of pictures etc and a 6 ft long model of a Huey that one of the Vets made for me. Its quite an eye catcher.
Thanks for listening to this old broad. I am VERY PROUD of all you Veterans!
My personal e-mail is (Redacted by Admin as a precaution Dorothy) I have met quite a few PBR' guys and Swifties Keep up the good work!
Love ya,
Yore Udder Mudder Momma Nocker
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Momma Nocker, hello and welcome. That was a very touching story you told. I can't tell you how sorry I am your son didn't come back. I'm glad you have been able to heal and have made so many friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: