SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BAND OF BROTHERS?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: BAND OF BROTHERS? Reply with quote

Kerry's real band of brothers:

Note: See topic "Calling All Marines" for a full explanation of this despicable dustcover photo.

Last edited by waltjones on Sun May 16, 2004 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scruffy looking, aren't they?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that the "Che Look-Alike Contest" winner featured at the bottom left?
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Che? Reply with quote

Yeah, just before he got on a plane to Nicaragua! Semper Fi!
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2004 11:44 pm    Post subject: 1st defense Reply with quote

This is the first defense of this photo - OK, it's not much of a defense - by someone saying they're a vet:

craig:
I haven't read it and if you did not explain it well I don't expect it to be my problem.

I take that back. You posted a number of things but I will assume you are talking about your first post. I did read it and thought it rather silly to make such issue and assumption about a book cover made so many years ago.
You assume they meant to mock. Whetehr it was meant to mock or not I don't know and I expect someone who makes such an assumption about the motives is merely projecting his own prejudice.
While I involved with the anti-war movement pretty soon after I got out of the Army I was not terribly fond of a lot of the presentation by pro or anti side of the issues.
At some peace riots I thought there were two sorts who started breaking windows - ******** and authoritarian shills set to discredit.
I think it is a stupid cover myself, but I also gather that Kerry didn't have anything to do with its selection or even all that much to do with assembling the book. Doesn't matter though.

Was any of the folks who raised that flag the first time the same ones who raised it the second?
Not that it would matter a way lot since they all faught their way up that hill - mountain.

I guess the first flag someone thought might raise moral while the second was for photo op - which I suppose is valid enough also, a more 'dramatic' picture to raise moral back in the states.

Being so attached to a symbol is taking on a vulnerability upon ones self. Someone can mess with your precious, or your own imaginings about motives, and distract you from more important things.

Insult to all Marines? Did all Marines elect you their spokesperson?

Here's my response:

craig (from waltjones):
They didn't have to; there are some things, like honor and respect, that Marines have in common. Every Marine will see this filth before November. I have spoken to many Marines of this - most hadn't seen it, and ALL are outraged by it. I would suggest you should be, too. Your pitiful defense tells me a great deal about you. Thatisall ....

Comments welcome - Semper Fi!
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Band of Brothers Reply with quote

The picture is typical Kerry. Liar,traitor,and a real piece of crap !

Please, don't expect the "Craigs,and Sparkys" to know anything about honor or respect.
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Re: BAND OF BROTHERS? Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
Kerry's real band of brothers:

Note: See topic "Calling All Marines" for a full explanation of this despicable dustcover photo.

What they don't tell you:
For starters Kerry is not pictured in the photo they describe. They also neglect to mention the photo on the inside which corresponds to the cover photo and describes the scene in more detail.

The New Soldier, Corresponding photo found inside book Caption next to Photo describing the actions of the anti-war Veterans:

Veterans Conduct a candlelight march around the White House.

It was Thursday night, after the candlelight march, when the guys came back and were on stage with the flag. There was this spontaneous feeling of pride. I sort of drew a parallel with Iwo Jima. I guess you had to, because it was with the same type of pride that they put up the flag in Iowa Jima. And when it was done - instead of burning the flag, they took it and they folded it up because as Phil Lavoie, one of the vets with the flag said, "We love America, we're not here to destroy it."
Michael Roach

Vietnam Veteran Special thanks to Mark Johnson for submitting background information.
Mark also added, "I was a participant in Operation Dewey Canyon III. (The anti-war rally described in the The New Soldier) I am a Vietnam Vet 68-69 and also served in Korea, 67-68. My rank was Spec 4, my Unit was the 972ns Signal Bn. I think the text on the page speaks volumes."
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I quote the Marine Corps War Memorial website (partial quote):

¨The Marine Corps War Memorial stands as a symbol of this grateful Nation's esteem for the honored dead of the U.S. Marine Corps. While the statue depicts one of the most famous incidents of World War II, the memorial is dedicated to all Marines who have given their lives in the defense of the United States since 1775.¨

No one needs to elect Waltjones as a spokesman for the
U.S. Marine Corps. The photo on Kerry´s book speaks for itself.
Doesn´t matter who chose it or whether Kerry is in the photo.
His name is on it. It´s his book. You cannot spin this.

Insult one veteran, insult all veterans!

Kerry should hang his head in shame in the presence of any
US veteran.

Montana
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 12:59 pm    Post subject: Kerry's shame Reply with quote

craig:
I'm surprised, craig - that was even a more pitiful defense than your previous post. You sure you're a vet and know what we mean by honor and respect? Do you know what it means to respect your dead comrades? Do you have any sense of decency? Read all the outrage about this - it's going to grow. Did you know Zell Miller is a Marine? Yes, I said IS - Marines understand. Thatisall ....
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Calling all Marines Reply with quote

The flag is UPSIDE DOWN ! An insult to ANY American who gives a damn.Obviously the "war hero????? didn't . The cover would have been approved by him. I heard him give one of his lame excuses several months ago. ...." I was a 27 year old kid" Some kid! Rolling Eyes
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 3:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Calling all Marines Reply with quote

Marine's Wife wrote:
The flag is UPSIDE DOWN ! An insult to ANY American who gives a damn.Obviously the "war hero????? didn't . The cover would have been approved by him. I heard him give one of his lame excuses several months ago. ...." I was a 27 year old kid" Some kid! Rolling Eyes

http://users.nwol.net/~tonyb/flag.htm

Why the US Flag is Displayed upside down?

The upside down U.S. flag is an official signal of distress. It is not meant to be, and is not officially recognized as any type of disrespect when so displayed for the right reasons. To the contrary, here is the relevant part of the US Code of Laws regarding how to fly the flag when in distress:

THE FLAG CODE
Title 36, U.S.C., Chapter 10
As amended by P.L. 344, 94th Congress
Approved July 7, 1976

§ 176. Respect for flag: No disrespect should be shown to the flag of the United States of America; the flag should not be dipped to any person or thing. Regimental colors, State flags, and organization or institutional flags are to be dipped as a mark of honor.
(a) The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

Most individuals who have served in the military service of our nation will (or should) recognize this signal. As a result of the unconstitutional acts, legislation and atrocities passed and/or committed by government agencies and officials against increasing numbers of US citizens and their life, liberty and property ... and as a result of policies that have allowed (and continue to allow) enemies of this nation to enter in large numbers through a porous immigration policy, I believe the life, liberties, freedom and property of US Citizens are in extreme and dire danger and distress.

Our Constitution has become a mockery and a toy of the atheist anti-God, anti-Christian, anti-Freedom, pro-ACLU, pro-communist movement that has perverted our founding and gained strength in tearing down the heritage and sacrifices that established this once great country. We have reduced ourselves to mere slaves of tyranny and accepted it!
Montana
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day a school had the US Flag flying upside down on the
flagpole. I went in to see if someone was in ¨distress.¨ It turned out
the two boys who hoisted the flag that morning had made
a mistake. Their actions were not meant to be disrepectful.

Kerry´s bookcover is disrespectful. Disrespectful to the flag
and all veterans.

Kerry continues to mention his youth in all of this.
Indiscretions...or something like that.

A 27 year-old man, who was Swiss-
educated, graduated from Yale, went to Officer Candidate School,
was a division officer, and an OIC of a Swift Boat cannot get
away with this excuse. A 17-year-old boot might, but not John Kerry.

Montana
John Kerry should hang his head in shame in the presence of any
veteran.
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana wrote:

stuff

But what do you think of Conservative Sources displaying the flag not only upside down but tattered?
waltjones
PO2

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: re: Calling All Marines Reply with quote

craig:
Another really pitiful defense, craig. You are, as any dolt with any knowledge of their country's heritage would know, totally ignoring the fact - as seen by every vet I've shown this to - that this is a parody of Iwo Jima. Your incredible lack of respect and continued lame defense is very indicative of your "blinder's on" politics and lack of honor for those 6801 dead Marines. You are a lowlife and enemy of our values, and I personally don't believe you ever served as you have previously stated.
Thatisall .....
Craig

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: re: Calling All Marines Reply with quote

waltjones wrote:
craig:
Another really pitiful defense, craig. You are, as any dolt with any knowledge of their country's heritage would know, totally ignoring the fact - as seen by every vet I've shown this to - that this is a parody of Iwo Jima. Your incredible lack of respect and continued lame defense is very indicative of your "blinder's on" politics and lack of honor for those 6801 dead Marines. You are a lowlife and enemy of our values, and I personally don't believe you ever served as you have previously stated.
Thatisall .....

That is your best evasive answer then?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: