SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry "severely wounded in combat?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Kerry "severely wounded in combat?" Reply with quote

Just read this on Beldar Blog.(Great Blog) When you are in a hole, stop digging, comes to mind. What is Kerry thinking?

http://beldar.blogs.com/beldarblog/swiftvets/index.html

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Kranish book makes awful first impression

I'm genuinely trying to withhold judgment, but even before I got to the pages with regular numbers, I'm having serious doubts about Michael Kranish et al.'s John F. Kerry: The Complete Biography by the Boston Globe Reporters Who Know Him Best. At page xxvi in the Introduction (boldface mine):
-------------------------------------start----------
Do these actions reflect the conflicts of a powerful intellect, of a man who appreciates nuance in policy and deeds but sometimes has trouble translating it to a mass audience? Do his statements and votes on military force reflect the natural caution of a man who was severely wounded in combat, who watched men under his command die, who lost five of his best friends in a war that ended in U.S. withdrawal? ...
-------------------end-----------------------
I'm wondering if maybe this book is actually about former Sen. Bob Kerrey. I'm almost certain that John Kerry wasn't ever "severely wounded" because I Google-searched his campaign website for that phrase and got zero hits. Maybe he was "severely wounded," and just didn't tell anyone on his campaign staff, d'ya think? I'm in suspense — must resist the urge to skip ahead in the book to find out whether he survived or not!

kate
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
a man who was severely wounded in combat

This Kranish book..is this supposed to be fiction, comedy, what...
is he supposed to be helping kerry ...lol
Rolling Eyes
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to send in reviews of this book at Amazon.
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the groundwork for Kerry to withdraw? Lots going around now about a plethora of health probs. If a "severly wounded combat veteran" and "cancer victim" drops out for health reasons thats not so bad is it? Expect anything from this bunch.
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My review was simple:

If the folloing from the book is not true, that is that Kerry was a man severely wounded in combat,can we say that these reporters are liars and propaganists? John McCanin was severely wounded Kerry did not spend a single day in the hospital nor did he have any real wounds. This is for Lefitsts who cannot handle the truth that Mr. Kerry is a fruad.

At page xxvi in the Introduction:

Do these actions reflect the conflicts of a powerful intellect, of a man who appreciates nuance in policy and deeds but sometimes has trouble translating it to a mass audience? Do his statements and votes on military force reflect the natural caution of a man who was severely wounded in combat, who watched men under his command die, who lost five of his best friends in a war that
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you would like to send Michael Kranish email his address is:

m_kranish@globe.com
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets face it, the title tells you everything you need to know about the slant of the book.

"Michael Kranish et al.'s John F. Kerry: The Complete Biography by the Boston Globe Reporters Who Know Him Best.

Translated from LibSpeak: The Complete biography from liberal suckups who approve of Kerry's left/liberal paltform and hate GW Bush.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched men die under his command?

Never heard that before.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grampa wrote:
Lets face it, the title tells you everything you need to know about the slant of the book.

"Michael Kranish et al.'s John F. Kerry: The Complete Biography by the Boston Globe Reporters Who Know Him Best.

Translated from LibSpeak: The Complete biography from liberal suckups who approve of Kerry's left/liberal paltform and hate GW Bush.

John Kerry, The Complete Hagiography!
Grampa
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
Grampa wrote:

John Kerry, The Complete Hagiography!

Bingo, ASPB
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have worse wounds from touching my curling iron with my hand. Severly wounded? The silly season is beginning and there are suckers out there who will believe this. Bob Dole already knocked this one out of the park with his three purple hearts and never bled comment.
DenisC
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the meaning of what "SEVERELY" IS. It will be interesting to see if MSM reports on this story and this is a big story.
RemodelingGuy
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooncusser wrote:
Watched men die under his command?

Never heard that before.

He watched that boy he shot in the back while fleeing die!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: