SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interesting "Unfit" sighting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mattv_ct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:11 pm    Post subject: Interesting "Unfit" sighting Reply with quote

Well, yesterday I went down to the shooting/fishing club to do some shooting and on the way out, I happened to bump into a democrat that I know. He was sitting out at the end of the peir with his rod, bucket, cooler and chair. I walked out to talk to him, and noticed that his hook wasn't even in the water... instead, he's sitting there sunburned with his tackle box still closed about half-way through Unfit for Command. Turns out he was sneaking off to read his son's copy and using fishing for an excuse to get out of sight for awhile LOL. Thought you guys might be interested to hear since this shows that the word is definately getting out there (oh yeah, he's now voting for Bush instead of Kerry). Keep up the great work!
producehawk
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to give away my copy to a friend tomarro
nightingale97
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY getting my copy of "Unfit" from Amazon next week after a TWO week wait! I also bought "Stolen Valor" and "Shadow Warrior". I was very disturbed about how the Kerry Committee tried to destroy this REAL hero, Felix Rodriguez. This week-end I checked again with B&N and Borders and they both said "Get on tthe List".
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I finally got my book. Read it in 2 hours. Marked a bunch of passages for further research and I'm going to lend it to my neighbors. I've got 6 people from work now logging on the website checking it out. They won't sign up because they think you have to be a swiftie -- I set them straight. They want to contribute though Wink I thought that was funny that they were reticent to sign up but want to contribute. There are a whole buncha military that aren't happy with what they are hearing about this guy.

Yes, the word is finally out there and seems to be picking up steam. Person to person, this is a real grassroots topic. Talked to a friend from home -- she see's right through Kerry. She didn't know what to make of the SVBT. She thought everyone was telling it "as they saw it" but now she's checking out the website as well.

Go swifties, go....

- instigator

Last edited by NavyChief on Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think the fact that the books are in such high demand, and hard to get quickly will stimulate interest!

Thanks for the great story there matt

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was fortunate and was able to get my copy early on at a local store, last one they had Very Happy

I'm using it for reference in discussions elsewhere, so won't be giving it away. But, it is available for any and all to stop by and see.

The book is doing phenominal in there being such a demand for it so quickly. The leftstream media keeps bashing O'Neill and the Swiftvets, but they just keep expressing the truth and it is getting out to people.
ontheright
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Turns out he was sneaking off to read his son's copy and using fishing for an excuse to get out of sight for awhile LOL.

Sneaky little devil, huh? Laughing That's great, though. Hopefully, it'll plant a seed that will bloom into a full-blown blossom of truth! Thanks for the story.
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great signature, SooZQ... Cool

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
lumper20
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Unfit For Command Reply with quote

Found the book, first edition, at Walmart about two plus months ago. I had had it on order at Amazon.com for about three weeks when it first came out.

The places I know that carry in Nashville area now are Walden books, and Walmart. Just gotta call to find it, tell them to put at service counter with your name, and; then get on the road fast.

My wife read the book first, and; she cannot stand Kerry now. The book does tell the truth. I was good friends with Rassman's CO. He just will not say much. Look up Rassman's purple heart orders. The 5th SFGA has his orders for a PH for wound/s on 13 marh 1969. It is on freerepublic. Only one other SF with same APO has a PH for the same date. Yet, the SGT named Fields is not the same Fields as the one on Rassman's team. He is a commo SGT from the SF company(D) that ran SF in IV Corps.

Sadly, I cannot get much from my SF buddies about Rassman. Just praying that Rassman's CO will come forward and ignore retaliation.

Some of the real guys are getting some flak for questioning Kerry.
Special Forces 66-75. SOA #1634 GA 3rd, 5th, 6th, 10th SFGA's CPT Honorably disharged. Project Omega/CCS MACVSOG.
1968-1969.

Jon C. Potter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: