SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is This a Catch-22?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scrooge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Is This a Catch-22? Reply with quote

Is it possible that while a Navy investigation into kerry's records is in progress that a signed 180 will not be honored? I hate to sound paranoid, but that would be a way of putting a lid on much of the Swifties efforts. If I am just delusional, please educate me and pass the Valium!

Scrooge
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An official investigation probably wouldn't interfere with the Senator's own request to make the records public.

I doubt that his signing a 180 would really do much for us at this point, though.

Kerry has had plenty of time to purchase a thorough scrubbing of his service jacket. I'll bet there's nothing in there by now that would harm him, at all.

IMO, the best we can do is put together little pieces available from other sources, and there are a LOT of people working on that.
Scrooge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy3,

I must be missing something. If what you say is true, why the big push for a signed 180? And if the records have been scrubbed and all contrary information will be from "alternate sources" haw do you propose to counter the argument that the "Official Navy Records" are consistent and the alternate source info is fables and lies? I would think NOT signing the 180 would be more consistent with your comments.

Scrooge
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must allow independent examination of the original records. This he will never do.

He will post his own records, if at all, giving him a chance to scrub them if no one else sees the originals.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops, sorry, I should have made it more clear that this is my own personal opinion, not that of Swifts or most of the people who post here, for that matter. Wink

Some of whatever is in John Kerry's service jacket would ordinarily be supported by other sources of documentation. Unit histories, activity reports, dispensary/clinic records, recorded and preserved radio traffic, etc.

That's where many people are digging, now - the alternate sources of information about what John Kerry was or wasn't doing at any particular time.

And that's where we have the greater chance of success.... in my opinion.
Scrooge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy3,

After more thought, I think even a scrubbed, but official and complete set of records generated by SF180 would be useful. Considering the three different Silver Star commendations and other inconsistencies already revealed by kerry (the mastermind tht he is, NOT!), the official records would probably yield more embarrassing inconsistencies that alternate sourced data could exploit. From what I have seen so far, kerry's "scrubbing" has been prety clumsy.

But back to my original uestion...could the investigtion possible hold up honoring a SF180? I know that ongoing investigations typically hush civilian activities.

scrooge
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Yah, it was pretty strange that he'd make all three Silver Star and both Bronze Star Citations available on his web site - I'll bet he thought it would look like he had three and two of those. Wink

He had a boatload of other stuff up on his site at one time and it disappeared as criticisms started making the rounds of the internet. And now he's added new forms regarding his enlistment - I'm sure that's in response to all the internet chatter and speculation.

As to the legalities, I sure don't know for sure, but my best guess is that a formal request by the Senator to release a set of copies of the items in his service jacket would not be held up by an investigation.

In fact, the DOD could possibly be required to provide such copies - the way a prosecutor is required to disclose evidence for a trial to the defense? Pure speculation on my part.
Scrooge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll take two aspirin and check again in the morning...

scrooge
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Navy3 on this one, although usually she's such an optimist, it's a bit of a surprise Laughing

I do think that there might be enough bad blood between Kerry and various people he trampled on like Lehman and Shachte that testimony could screw him in this investigation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: