SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What is this lady talking about???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:38 pm    Post subject: What is this lady talking about??? Reply with quote

Somewhere on this board was a link to an Urban Legends chain letter about Texas seceeding from the nation. I thought it was funny, so I responded.

Well, apparently nobody participating on that board has any sense of humor at all (much less a southern one) so I've gotten quite a few responses, most of which I've been able to handle just from info I've gotten off your message boards and links.

But this is one I got today and have absolutely no idea what she's talking about:

The main character involved in the SwiftBoat group took terrible advantage of the families of MIAs, playing on their hopes and fears and claiming that Americans were still held in VietNam as slave laborers, many years after the last POW came home. He made millions of dollars from these families and from the government so that he could go on his jaunts over there to look for them and he never came up with a thing.

He was angry when his funding was cut off and his first attack was against Ronald Reagan and accused him of not doing enough for "veterans", meaning his pet money-maker. This is someone you want to believe?

This is not a credible group of veterans speaking out. Credible would be if they were non-partisan or bi-partisan and said the same thing. This is a group assembled of pro-Bush veterans by a scam artist who made money from the misery of many families.

Could someone enlighten me here? I've told the writer I was coming directly to the source and would be back shortly with a reply.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That person has "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" confused with "Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry".

The person she's referring to is Ted Sampley. Please let her know that SBVT's main spokesman is John O'Neill. The two groups are completely unrelated.

Last edited by Scott on Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she knows so much about it why does she not identify the person she is refering to. This is classic propoganda.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:
That person has "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" confused with "Vietnam Veterans Against John Kerry".

The person she's referring to is Ted Sampley. Please let her know that SBVT's main spokesman is John O'Neill. The two groups are completely unrelated.

Several people have been confused on this point. I think Sen. McCain initially was, and when he found out the groups weren't the same Sen. McCain said questions about Kerry's post-service statements and involvement with the enemy were legitimate.
theflickster
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack white wrote:

Several people have been confused on this point. I think Sen. McCain initially was, and when he found out the groups weren't the same Sen. McCain said questions about Kerry's post-service statements and involvement with the enemy were legitimate.

I don't think it was confused. I think John McCain is strongly opposed to comments in regards to the service of another, but feel that the actions upon return are fair game. I think that may be the real difference, not groups, just what is being questioned.

This comment came from a friend during a discussion. I think that is where some of the reticence comes from. "Having been in combat, men do make a lot of choices they might not normally make, (some right and some wrong) I can’t and will not judge them for it."
ccr
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCain's feelings towards Sampley are very strong and personal. His belief that SBVT is a Sampley organization (the Kerry campaign & MSM pushed the Sampley/SBVT connection early on) would explain a great deal.

http://www.learnthat.com/quiz/
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scott wrote:

I cut and pasted your response over to that other board. I'll let you know if you get an apology (don't hold your breath).
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As this topic involves 2 items unrelated to SBVT OR this forum, it is being moved to Geedunk.

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: