SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sayoung
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Dear Swifties,
My husband and I searched in every bookstore in town and all the online bookstores, and not a single copy could be found. We live in Georgia, and had driven all the way up to Savannah in hopes of securing "Unfit For Command". No such luck, or so we thought! On the way back home we stopped in a little,bitty town by the name of Jesup, to grab some eggs at a Walmart. Guess what was sitting right there on the shelf as we walked in???? That's right, your book-there were only two left too. I read the entire thing in a night, and it is now circulating through our circle of soldiers here in Fort Stewart. Most of us are career soldiers still on active duty,most of us have seen action in at least two wars(my husband-four). When we heard that Senator Kerry had somehow procured 3 purple hearts in the miniscule time of 4 months, with no visible scars, and no time lost, it was just too much to give credence to. My husband's smoke is up for a post-humus congressional medal of honor for defending his platoon single-handedly against a much larger group of Republican Elite forces in Iraq. His sacrifice for his men shows true honor and integrity, I'm sure SFC. Smith would have been ambivalent about receiving any medals, he loved his guys enough to die for them. John Kerry's manipulation of the system just to nab a few medals for himself for future political purposes shows his lack of respect for all those who fought and fell before him. I lay in bed at night and pray to God that he won't be elected and have direct control over my husband and his soldiers. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank all of you swifties, not only for fighting for our country in Vietnam, but for having the moral courage to stand up and make this contemptible sham of a senator have to answer for his disgusting and reprehensible behavior that directly led to his fellow soldiers being unfairly flayed in front of America and the world. God Bless all of you. Thank you . Stacie Young
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacie, on behalf of the Swift vets, thank you. What you describe is a true hero, not what we called a PX hero, which Kerry seems to be.

Welcome to the forum. Tell all your active duty friends thank you for their service. It's refreshing to see young men and women willing to sacrifice for duty and honor still.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Thanks Swiftees and POWs! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: