SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Swiftees Help in More Ways then One

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Swiftees Help in More Ways then One Reply with quote

I was PMing with another member last night and realized that I hadn't yet made a point of mentioning another reason why SBVT is so important to me and I should--

I have two reasons for participating here--One is exactly the same as that of the Swiftees, that being to get out the truth about John Kerry and that one feeds what is, admittedly, my personal primary goal which is to re-elect our President--I try not to litter these boards with my personal agenda except as it ties-in to the Swiftees message and hope that I don't blow it too often--(Haven't gotten my hands slapped yet, anyway, so I take that as a positive sign--LOL!!)--

But here's the thing--I am a Republican and I live in Illinois--For reasons which defy my understanding, this state historically elects Republican governors (and I suspect our current Boy Wonder will be little more than a flash-in-the-pan) but is always a foregone conclusion for the Dems when it comes to presidential elections--Republican candidates for president don't even spend a noticeable amount of time campaigning here because it's a waste of precious funds that could be spent where they stand half a chance of doing them some good--

Every two years, I trot myself out and vote because I frankly don't think I have any business calling myself an American if I don't--And I campaign for the candidates I support, too--But I've gotta tell you all, it's pretty demoralizing to do it in presidential elections when I know that my vote makes no practical difference at all because all of Illinois' electoral votes will always go to whomever the Democrats decide to trot out--

Every election is billed as "possibly the most important in our lifetime", but this year it really is--I mean it REALLY is this time--As a lifelong Republican, I support the President's agenda on domestic and economic issues, of course, but the cold, hard fact of the matter is that none of that stuff.......not jobs or healthcare or outsourcing or any of the rest of it.......mean a damned thing if we don't have a strong, wise, and committed Commander in Chief pressing.......and winning.......the War on Terror--And if I thought for one minute that John Kerry could and would do that better than the President, I'd vote for him and worry about the rest later--

But the fact is, he's just about my worst War on Terror nightmare--Not only to I see his foreign policy views as a no-fail recipe for global disaster, but let's face it, he just plain cannot be trusted--Oh, and as if that wasn't enough, there's the little matter of his treasonous behavior in the early seventies--In short, John Kerry has been placed in my "No Friggin' WAY" column.......permanently--

So I will vote for the President again in November, as much out of a committment to stating my utter disdain for and lack of trust in the war criminal as anything else--And Illinois will give all of her electoral votes to him anyway--** sigh **

HOWEVER, the Swiftees have made things different and more hopeful for me this year because I can donate to their cause of exposing John Kerry for the lying traitor he is and that vote WILL count and it WILL do some good--

So, Swiftees, in addition to thanking you for your service to our Country, I thank you for this opportunity to make a difference--I will continue to support you guys, as will many others, and together we have a real chance of sending John Kerry back to Baaaa-ston, hopefully for good--

Humbly, and gratefully--C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: