SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leftists Corrupt the Pulpit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Leftists Corrupt the Pulpit Reply with quote

Leftists Corrupt the Pulpit
By Michael Reagan
FrontPageMagazine.com | September 3, 2004

Last Sunday three Democrats showed just how far they will go to talk their fellow Americans into voting for their party. They brazenly ascended pulpits in Miami and New York and told flat-out lies to the telling the congregations assembled there to worship the Lord.

In New York, former President Bill Clinton took time out from the European leg of his book tour to come back to address the congregation at the ultra-liberal Riverside Memorial Church, where he dissected President Bush’s faith.

"I believe President Bush is a good Christian," he said. "I believe that his faith in Jesus gave him new purpose and direction to his life but that doesn’t mean that he doesn’t see through a glass darkly. It doesn’t mean that you can have a bunch of people acting on your behalf and pretending that you don’t know them. To say that the seven people who were on John Kerry’s Swift Boat don’t know what they’re talking about when they say he deserves the Silver Star, the Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts."

That is false. President Bush never said that about John Kerry. If anything the president has praised Kerry and the medals he received. On a number of occasions he has said that John Kerry served with honor and praised his service to his country in Vietnam.

But Bill Clinton would have you believe something else. I have a real problem with what he said in, of all places, a church. This is the same Bill Clinton who has never come to terms with the disgusting things he did in the Oval Office, yet has the gall to stand up in a pulpit and question President Bush’s character and his Christianity.

It gets worse. While that was going on in New York, the Rev. Al Sharpton and Democrat National Chairman Terry McAuliffe were desecrating the pulpit at Miami’s New Birth Baptist Church.

The Rev. Sharpton got the congregation revved up by resurrecting the Democrat’s favorite slander that the 2000 election was stolen by the Bush campaign – a charge proven false by a long investigation by a consortium of the nation’s top newspapers, most of them near-house organs of the Democrat party.

"We're not people who are going to be beat twice," he stormed.

Not to be outdone in politicizing the pulpit, McAuliffe told the worshippers: "Bush has misled us for four years and will not mislead us for the next four years. Get out to vote and we'll send Bush back to Texas."

This is the Democrats’ idea of separation of church and state. This is the Democrats’ idea of how to worship God on Sunday. Lie your teeth out.

Now this was supposed to be a religious ceremony, not a Democrat Party rally. Here you have Sharpton telling the congregation that there was a crime committed there. That they were not allowed to vote. One has to wonder if these two glorified ward heelers had any idea of how offensive their misuse of a sacred place to peddle their lies must have appeared in the eyes of God?
And their claims were not mere fibs. They were lies, bald-faced lies. And that’s how a church in New York and another in Miami observed the Lord’s Day – not with uplifting sermons, but with sleazy political screeds.

In contrast, at my church on Sunday, we did what worshippers are supposed to do. We prayed. We prayed for the suffering people in the Sudan, for our Christian brothers and sisters being butchered by Muslim fanatics in that stricken country. We prayed that we and the rest of the world will be free from terrorist attacks.

There wasn’t a word about politics. And not a single lie was told.

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
cjg
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are getting their hate out in full force now, no holds barred,
I do wonder about the intelligence of these people, this could backfire
so badly, and I pray it does.

If I went to church and anyone got up a behaved as they did, I would
walk out.

Now it is the story of the "drunken Liabiltiy" as well. Old news, but
still it did not need to be brought up again.

On 6omin someone is going to tell the world he got the president
into the reserves, on and on it goes.

It is all they left, and they said at the beginning of their campaign
and they were not lying for once, that they would not stop at
smearing the president.

They sort of make you angry, but really disgust is what I feel.
When you have to go into churches to bash the president, where
next? Daycares? Wink
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree cjg,

I think the Bush camp, will be smart and go ahead their strategy..You don't see much of a reply from them, about the smearing, from the kerry kamp... I think the Bush Camp motto is,"Silence is golden." When there is no argument, the smear, blows over..

"Swiftvet Donation site"
lilly543
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh brother!!! Rolling Eyes

Here's a quote from the Barnes and Noble synopsis of her diatribe:

"How did they maneuver their way from Yale and the secretive Skull and Bones through back door politics, the CIA, and the White House to have so much control over our lives? "

Gee, how did John FORBES Kerry manuever his way from Yale and the the secretive Skull and Bones through back door politics, questionable service in Vietnam, treasonous actions during a time of war, a sordid senate career to a race for the White House in order to roll back taxes, increase funding for failed social programs and solve the deficit on the backs of our military?

Oops! Wrong topic! I don't know how to move it. Sorry guys.

Admin note: Where would you like to travel to? Wink
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem, lilly543...

In the upper right hand corner of your post, is a delete button...
In case you ever need that service again Wink

"Swiftvet Donation site"
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clinton can speak like that in a church because he has no soul, so it matters not to him. I can feel darkness and a hollow ring to Clinton's words as I think many Christians do.
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buffman wrote:
Clinton can speak like that in a church because he has no soul, so it matters not to him. I can feel darkness and a hollow ring to Clinton's words as I think many Christians do.

I'll roger that as Slick Willie now has only followers like himself.

Sharpton is another issue. We here in NYC we have been dealing with big Rev Al for many years way back when he made a national fool of himself in the bogus Brawley rape case and again several years later in the connected civil suit which he also lost.
This dude has very little credibility in his home state and for a person who has never been elected to public office, I regard him as the mouth that roared and my belief is that the Dems are currently using him as one of their hatchet men against the President.
I will say this for Sharpton, he has always stood up for the minority working class in times of trouble and if my guess is correct he will be remembered as a icon civil rights leader.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeas, but didn't his tomfoolery help cost the lives of 8 innocent people? Was he ever indicted on that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: