SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Exhumes Bush MIA Story - Kelley (AP)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Kerry Exhumes Bush MIA Story - Kelley (AP) Reply with quote

Here's the link:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&e=2&u=/ap/bush_national_guard

- instigator

Admin note: Stealing your thread Chief...need to stomp this one out...again Wink
Shane's PopPop
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why the MSM never mentions that Kerry's records are incomplete. /sarcasm. Rolling Eyes
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they never ask to see them. Wink
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Democrat John Kerry commanded a Navy Swift boat in Vietnam and was awarded five medals, including a Silver Star. But his heroism has been challenged in ads by some veterans who support Bush. "

It doesn't surprise me that these media wonks just do not get it--It bothers me, however, that they don't want to get it or to understand what SBVT is all about--

Yes, I know--I need to grow up.......--C
farmgirl
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Here we go again with Bush MIA Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
Here's the link:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&e=2&u=/ap/bush_national_guard

- instigator

I just saw that on the news! Just unbelievable. Here they have the Navy doing a "investigation" on Kerrys silver star and you can't get any one to pay attention to it. and now THIS old hash gets attention about Bush?? First, no one cares about his (bush) missing records and I hope they bring it up because then if his records get noticed, then Kerry should release his 180's (I think thats what they are called) lets see HIS Records! They obviuosly but be shite-ing their pants if they have to rehash this old stuff!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Outside experts suggest that National Guard commanders may not have produced documentation required by their own regulations.

"One of the downfalls back then in the National Guard was that not everyone wanted to be chief of staff of the Air Force. They just wanted to fly or maintain airplanes. So the record keeping could have been better," said retired Maj. Gen. Paul A. Weaver Jr., a former head of the Air National Guard. He said the documents may not have been kept in the first place.

Yawn.

This is getting funnier. Here's a bit of the NY Times "version" ...

Quote:
Democrat John Kerry commanded a Navy Swift boat in Vietnam and was awarded five medals, including a Silver Star. But his heroism has been challenged in ads by some veterans who support Bush.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/national/AP-Bush-National-Guard.html

LOL. "Some veterans". The Grey Lady won't even PRINT the name Swift Boat Veterans For Truth

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
LOL. "Some veterans". The Grey Lady won't even PRINT the name Swift Boat Veterans For Truth

All The News That Fits; We Print!
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as long as we're entertaining Mr. Matt Kelley, AP, let's take a peek at his past reportage.

http://news.google.com/news?q=Matt%20Kelley%20AP&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wn
nathan roland
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: 4 more years Reply with quote

4 more years

Last edited by nathan roland on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything I read in that Article pertaining to Bush has been beaten to death. The move to Alabama, the flight physical, all of it. The F-102 was being taken out of Service at that time, the ANG was not going to retrain Bush to fly another Aircraft and gladly accepted his request to transfer to Alabama. he was credited with completing all required service and recieved an Honorable Discharge.
As someone who spent 6 years in the National Guard I can point out my own abscences from scheduled Drills where I made up that time elsewhere, and many of my Soldiers who did "alternate Drills or ATs". It was not uncommon even in the late 80s and in the 90s for these things to happen. Heck think I missed a Physical as well, guess I better never run for Office! For the record I doubt that I can or anyone could find a paper trail for where I was on the times I was not at a scheduled drill, all that would be found is the paperwork stating I performed all my required time for that year.
Mountains out of nothing here!
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSM PLEASE keep hammering away at
Blah blah blah Bush MIA National Guard Blah blah blah.
This is very helpful to the SwiftVets. Anytime anyone brings up
the past it reminds us of SBVFT ads.
All of this is framed by our ( SBVFT ) ads.

Please keep the focus on Vietnam era. Say anything about
GWBush he can take the heat, he didn't sellout his fellow servicemen
and he didn't make this his campaign theme.

Keep it up Kerryites you are heading to the bottom of the sea. Twisted Evil
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like CNN and MSNBC aren't touching this either.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would that be the same Asociated Press that falsely reported the crowd booed Clinton's illness and BUsh did nothing about it?

Saturday, Sept. 4, 2004 11:02 a.m. EDT
AP Retracts 'Clinton Booed' Story

The Associated Press has retracted its Friday afternoon report that a crowd at a Bush rally in West Allis, Wisc., booed when President Bush offered ex-President Clinton best wishes for a speedy recovery from coronary bypass surgery scheduled for next week.

In a report that moved on the AP wire at 9:27 a.m. Saturday, the AP said:

"This is a correction to an incorrect story posted by AP on Friday stating the crowd booed the President when he sent his good wishes. The crowd, in fact, did NOT boo."
A transcript of Bush's remarks released by the White House noted applause after Bush offered Clinton "best wishes for a swift and speedy recovery."

ABC Radio Network news also confirmed that the Clinton reference was applauded, not jeered.

In its original version of the story, the AP had reported: "Bush's audience of thousands in West Allis, Wis., booed. Bush did nothing to stop them."

The erroneous report prompted a firestorm of outrage on interactive news Web sites like FreeRepublic.com, where posters complained of media bias and circulated contact numbers to protest the AP's false claim.

In a revised version of the story that moved on the wire late Friday, the AP said: "The crowd reacted with applause and with some 'ooohs,' apparently surprised by the news that Clinton was ill."

Yes, that would be the same Associated Press.

The same lying, deceitful, lousy Associated Press.
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

On SBVFT forum (Resources & Research) see this post.

'Bush and I were lieutenants'

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Here we go again Reply with quote

Does this surprise anyone. I think we will see a lot more of this as 2 Nov 2004 gets closer. Presidents records have been reviewed by every MSM outlet months ago and what did they find. Nothing thats why they have not pushed this line for months. Some in the media are going to do anything they think will get Kerry elected.

RHV
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: