SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSNBC does bias piece

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wrangl
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 3:43 pm    Post subject: MSNBC does bias piece Reply with quote

Last night (Sunday Sept 5) MSNBC presented "John Kerry/Brings War Home" a very detailed piece with many, many details missing, details that would have been detrimental to the propaganda put forth. The whole flavor was to boltster Kerry and kick the Swiftboat vets in the teeth.
The underlying theme seemed to be that Kerry was courageous in going before the Fullbright commitee to expose the horrors our troops were commiting in Viet Nam (no mention of his trip to Paris and meeting with the enemy before making this speech) and that Nixon was behind a plot to silence him; the whole Republican Party was involved in silencing this "hero".
I see that the Kerry supporters are very worried, proven by MSNBC going to great expense to produce this piece of s--- and try to sell it to their viewers.
Further proof that the Swift Boat Vets are getting their message out: Kerry has called out the thugs--I should say lying, unscrupilous thugs--Carville and Begalia who will do and say anything to undermine the message of just how shallow and pathological their "hero" is and what liars are those who oppose him using truth and Kerry's record.
KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, SWIFTBOAT VETS!!!lOVED THE BOOK!
tugboatphil
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw the last half of that show. I noticed that the narrative tried to make some sinister connection between Mr O'Neill and Pres Nixon. But the tape clips they used made it plainly obvious that the White House didn't even know who he was until his TV appearance.

If there were true justice in the world, John Kerry would be serving time in a Federal Prison right now.

Don't Sweat the Mule Goin' Blind,
Just Keep Loadin' the Wagon.
mcknz
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this also and I agree that they were trying to make Kerry look good. But what I don't think they know if that by just showing Kerry as an anti-war protest leader, it makes him look really bad to most people today. Also, the media sees Nixon differently than the normal person. They were trying to make Kerry look good by using Nixon, but most people don't have the burning hatred for Nixon today that the biased media does. Clinton did things that were worse than what Nixon did. Also, it seems that attitudes have changed so much since the early 70's. Kerry today is running as a patriotic war hero, not an anti-war protestor. Kerry made a political move in 1971 that was popular at that time, but it would be destructive today. Therefore, ANY exposure of Kerry during that time period is detrimental to him, I think. Since the media are out of touch with normal people, what they are trying to do often backfires.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Unfit For Command" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: