SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Biographer Urges Release of ALL Kerry Military Records
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
truthhunter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Kerry Biographer Urges Release of ALL Kerry Military Records Reply with quote

Douglas Brinkley urging the release of all Kerry military records?....

See link..

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40307

Perhaps, after being made to look foolish with his poorly researched reporting by simply "taking Kerry's word for it", Kerry's official biographer is feeling a need to redeem his own credibility. Could this be a reason for his recommendation that Kerry release all of his records?
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason could be that they have already been gleaned and cleaned.

Everyone is not as stupid as Sandy Berger.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mooncusser, just my own personal opinion, but I think Kerry's service jacket in the archives has been thoroughly cleaned.

I'd bet a lot that the only complete set(s) of copies of everything that was originally in his file are in the possession of John Kerry, himself.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then why is he stonewalling on releasing it N3?
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think first of all, he believes himself above having to answer to anyone. I truly believe that his narcissism is pathological/clinical.

He SAID it was all on his web site and we should all just take it for granted that he is speaking the truth.

Second, the harder he is pushed on the release of records, the bigger will be his victory when the records ARE released and (surprise!) nothing is in there that hurts him.

This is, of course, all speculation on my part and strictly my own opinion. But, I think it was very smart that the Swifts have asked that Kerry release not only his service jacket but his journals from his time in the Navy, as well.
risawn
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My own opinion, maybe he did such a poor job at cleaning his record that his record obviously looks like it's been through the cleaners? Then he'd have to answer for that?

Honestly, I don't know why.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB, I agree with NavyNavyNavy that his records have been cleaned. He's been a senator for many years and knows his way around intelligence matters. I believe he's waiting for the clamor (for release of his military and medical records) to reach a great crescendo. Then, he'll release everything and based on the record, hope to discredit his critics. If he waits long enough, not enough time will remain for a credible argument. If the clamor wanes, he might just skate again and not have to release anything (fearing that he might have missed something).
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given Brinkley has ruined himself as an academician and historian (remember, this clown was going to write a "corrected" version of the Christmas in Cambodia fable for the New Yorker but apparently something didn't pan out), I smell a scam. Brinkley's only hope is for Kerry to be elected. Otherwise, he will be a discredited joke without a means of support.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, either - and as someone else has pointed out, he did a really poor job of scrubbing the pages that he initially made available on his web site and used incredibly poor judgement in including all three versions of the Silver Star citation and both versions of the Bronze citation.

Obviously, he's not as bright as he wants you to think he is, so if his records are scrubbed and then released, perhaps we'll be lucky enough that he will be as clumsy about it as he has been in the past. Wink
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's harder to do than you might think. The records were already in St. Louis before he came into office. The best that could have been done is stripping them. Any competent personnel officer would know in heartbeat what's missing.

If they'd been stripped in the 80's why didn't he just release them last month instead hiding from the press and watching his campaign go in the tank. Is he and handlers that stupid? Well...maybe!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I trust Brinkley with the facts just about as far as I could throw him.

He claimed to have spent days and days in Kerry's personal archives - that he was given unlimited access to Kerry's papers and journals.

Did he look no further AT ALL than Kerry's own writings and papers? Did he confirm ANYTHING in the book with outside sources other than those hand-picked by Kerry? Did he verify any of that book with research in the Naval Archives?

We know that he spoke with some of Kerry's shipmates - but he totally ignored their version of events in Vietnam and went with Kerry's slanderous descriptions of Zumwalt, Hoffman and others. He ignored everyone but Kerry, Runyon & Zaladonis for the Boston whaler incident. Three green-as-grass FNG trainees out on their first real mission, together? I'm no historian, but that alone would have given me pause.

This is not a historian. This is basically a hired man, writing a campaign biography.
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:
It's harder to do than you might think. The records were already in St. Louis before he came into office. The best that could have been done is stripping them. Any competent personnel officer would know in heartbeat what's missing.

If they'd been stripped in the 80's why didn't he just release them last month instead hiding from the press and watching his campaign go in the tank. Is he and handlers that stupid? Well...maybe!

Exactly! Besides the military is famous for vast archives and though he may "clean" his personal file theres just no way he could clean all associated documents from other files. The job would just be to enormous to accomplish. If he's trying to clean it all up he'll just whind up looking like a kid playing the "Hammer the popup rodent game" at your local pizza place.
roughfun
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Marine I was allowed to carry my own SRB with me to a new duty station. I had it at home for 30 days while on leave. Nothing I wanted to change but talk about an opportunity. I imagine Kerry was allowed to carry his own records as he was an officer. Did the Navy allow this? Semper Fi
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they did, for both officers and enlisted.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had medical records..about 4 inches thick...poof disappeared...no evidence that I broke my back, no evidence I was paralyzed for 6 months.

Might have been a water-mine, might have slipped on bar of soap in shower.

So much for records.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: