SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

John Kerry Erases History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: John Kerry Erases History Reply with quote

http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/archives/002450.php

September 07, 2004
John Kerry Erases History
Two days ago, I wrote that John Kerry called John McCain (and just about everyone else at the Republican Convention) a liar, based on a press release at his website. A number of you wrote to tell me that the page had disappeared from Kerry's website, but it had mysteriously reappeared by the time I checked on it.

Well, it has disappeared once more, as the Kerry campaign tries to keep its candidate from infuriating the one man who has tempered the criticism from the right in this electoral cycle. McCain, who constantly refers to his friendship with Kerry, might take the gloves off if Kerry impugns his character as he did with the Viet Nam veterans who have campaigned against Kerry. The campaign made a smart move taking down that list, especially since they never bothered to factually refute even one of the 143 statements they listed as lies, half-truths, and/or distortions.

Too bad I cached it here.

UPDATE: While we're at it, let's look at another "lie" that Kerry helpfully points out -- this one at #143, right at the bottom:

Bush Lies About Kerry’s View of Coalition.
143. Bush: “In the midst of war, he has called America's allies, quote, a "coalition of the coerced and the bribed." That would be nations like Great Britain, Poland, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Denmark, El Salvador, Australia, and others allies that deserve the respect of all Americans, not the scorn of a politician. I respect every soldier, from every country, who serves beside us in the hard work of history. America is grateful, and America will not forget.”

Bush lied, Kerry cried? Not quite. Here's John Kerry from March of this year, as reported by the Des Moines Register:

Kerry said during the speech at the downtown Marriott Hotel that Bush has been impatient, which has cost the U.S. support from its allies. "The greatest position of strength is by exercising the best judgement in the pursuit of diplomacy," he said, "not in some trumped-up, so-called coalition of the bribed, the coerced, the bought and the extorted, but in a genuine coalition."
It seems to me that the only one who's telling lies, half-truths, and mischaracterizations is the Kerry campaign. Their only defense these days is to be offensive, and calling everyone a liar not only is offensive but smacks of desperation as well.

----
Interesting. I just *happen* to be writing an article working off that very Press Release, so I called the national headquarters and Megan says its still valid but wouldn't give a last name or why it was pulled Then I emailed the press office at johnkerrydotcom. If I don't hear back soon, I'll have to call the national office again.

Posted by: Jane at September 7, 2004 09:18 AM
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be patient, Gosh, he sure sounds more and more like Neville Chamberlain--doesn't have the guts to make a decision. Saturday will be 3 years since we have been attacked, the Dems are sure trying to forget that day, but the radical Muslims haven't.
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go. Jane.

I bet there is not one single lie among their purported 143.

How can these guys just keep making baseless and outrageous false accusations and slandering all their opponents, while calling them the liars?

Where is the intellectual honesty of the MSM?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: