SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matthews actually slammed Kerry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Matthews actually slammed Kerry Reply with quote

Matthews questioned Kerry's policies on Iraq, and the Dem Strategist went on about UN. Then, the Dem Strategist said that the right way to form the allies was like Pres. Bush in 91...Then Chris directly challenged him, and said, well Sen. Kerry didnt even approve of that!!!

I almost couldnt believe my eyes! Chrissie actually lived up to the "hardball" name and asked Kerry's guy some tough questions, and followed up with even tougher ones!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who in the heck was the dumb Republican spokesperson. Chris Matthews asked her pointblank, "Is Kerry Finished?"

She had the perfect opportunity to say one little word that would have resounded throughout the news cycle: YES.

Instead, she looked like a deer caught in the headlights and fumbled the ball. Good God girl. chances like this never come along in a lifetime. You blew it. That woman needs to be taken of the news team. NEVER Again.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. Journalistic Integrity probably sees it unlikely now that he will get the speech writing job with John Kerry he has so long coveted. So in the finest tradition of snakes, cowards, and bullies, he has cast his lot with the stronger side. If polls tighten, watch for Matthews to become more even-handed. If things continue to go well, he will turn on Kerry like a rabid dog.
debinNC
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why give the opposite side "fighting words" to get them riled up and eager to fight?
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he does not want to be stuck with a loser.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of years ago I was listening to Chris Matthews and the argument was about the 2000 election. Someone asked Chris Matthews who he voted for and he replied "Bush." Was I halucinating or did anyone else hear the same?

Anyone else out there watch that show?
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the Zell lashing straighten Chris out..
Boundless
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JW: > Mr. Journalistic Integrity probably sees it unlikely
> now that he will get the speech writing job with
> John Kerry he has so long coveted.

White House Press Secretary, more like.

At some point, the Pravda Press might realize
that there is not going to be a Kerry Administration,
and that they need to get back to at least
pretending to be objective, or they'll have no
customers (or sponsors) for the next 4 years.

Once they are convinced that Kerry is doomed,
they'll turn on him. Until then, watch out.

I'd like to think that the American people are
learning a valuable lesson about their formerly
trusted mass media. We'll see.

If Kerry's polls pick back up, and they might, if
the recent "double digit" reports are sand-bagging
by crooked pollsters, I would not be at all surprised
to see the NYT/WP/LAT/BG/MSNBC/CBS/ABC etc.
openly running even more massive propaganda
a few days before the election.
NavyChief
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rparrott21 wrote:

Cris was moving easy on the Republican. Could it be because she was a woman? Remember Malkin's interview? Cris caught so much heat for that (even Zell nailed him). What I saw was Cris being much more kind to the woman interviewed. He even said, "excuse me for cutting in". I almost fell out of my chair. Do you suppose Cris' wife had a talk with him after Malkin wrote her a letter? Remember Cris' wife fights male chauvenism--I don't think she was too happy. Also, the producer must have had a talk with him.

- instigator
kate
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

instigator,
probably so, on both counts, the wife and the producer
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boundless wrote:
JW: >
Once they are convinced that Kerry is doomed,
they'll turn on him. Until then, watch out.

I'd like to think that the American people are
learning a valuable lesson about their formerly
trusted mass media. We'll see.

If Kerry's polls pick back up, and they might, if
the recent "double digit" reports are sand-bagging
by crooked pollsters, I would not be at all surprised
to see the NYT/WP/LAT/BG/MSNBC/CBS/ABC etc.
openly running even more massive propaganda
a few days before the election.

Right on all three points. This is why I hope the SBVT begin hitting the airwaves pronto with Kerry's consorting with the enemy commercials. These will keep him off balance, keep his poll numbers down, and keep the press--biased but always about self-interest--at bay.

I know Bush and other 527s will hit Kerry hard in the next few weeks, but this 527--about truth--really resonates with people.

Now, I do take some comfort in the fact the media bias has been obvious enough that even uninformed people (and this includes some I know) have caught on to it. Nonetheless, it will take another national election before the general public really tunes out the MSM.
WalterW
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jack white wrote:
Now, I do take some comfort in the fact the media bias has been obvious enough that even uninformed people (and this includes some I know) have caught on to it. Nonetheless, it will take another national election before the general public really tunes out the MSM.

Chat with some CA Libs yesterday. Even they say Kerry is in trouble because the media is starting to turn on him.

This will be a fascinating 58 days.
noMOass
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack White,

I agree with you, and I think it would be a good idea to make mention of how the Vietcong Generals have come out now and admitted that the peace movement helped their cause. Give the results and aftermath of all of the people who were slaughtered because of it. THEN.........

Then contrast it to the reports in Aljazeera today quoting Kerry saying he will pull out American troops in Iraq.

Show how John Kerry was a traitor then and still is and how he is continually costing innocent lives and the lives of our American soldiers.
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noMOass wrote:
Jack White,

I agree with you, and I think it would be a good idea to make mention of how the Vietcong Generals have come out now and admitted that the peace movement helped their cause. Give the results and aftermath of all of the people who were slaughtered because of it. THEN.........

Then contrast it to the reports in Aljazeera today quoting Kerry saying he will pull out American troops in Iraq.

Show how John Kerry was a traitor then and still is and how he is continually costing innocent lives and the lives of our American soldiers.

I agree with you 100 percent, noMoass, and think this idea should be developed into a commercial that points out that Kerry also met with the enemy in 1971. It ties the past with the present, and makes the point. Betrayal in Vietnam, betrayal in Iraq. People get this.

Would you post this suggestion on the thread that asks for ideas? I intended to do so but I've got to get off line now. Thanks.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyChief wrote:
rparrott21 wrote:

Cris was moving easy on the Republican. Could it be because she was a woman? Remember Malkin's interview? Cris caught so much heat for that (even Zell nailed him). What I saw was Cris being much more kind to the woman interviewed. He even said, "excuse me for cutting in". I almost fell out of my chair. Do you suppose Cris' wife had a talk with him after Malkin wrote her a letter? Remember Cris' wife fights male chauvenism--I don't think she was too happy. Also, the producer must have had a talk with him.

- instigator

You could be right, Chief, and I hope so, but Matthews is always more polite to those he respects. Without knowing who was on I cannot say whether this applied or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: