SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's mysterious hospital visit to wounded Vets.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Kerry's mysterious hospital visit to wounded Vets. Reply with quote

The is from http://slingsnarrows.erudite-absurdity.com/archive/002433.html

This is over a comment Kerry made last week during his "Midnight speech"

An excerpt >>>
watched Fox well into the night following last night’s acceptance speech and convention closing. At a certain point Fox played a bit from Kerry’s Springfield Ohio speech. I distinctly heard him refer to his recent visits to hospitals to see and talk to wounded veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan. It seemed off the cuff and a direct rebuttal to the best parts of Bush’s speech where the Pres got emotional (and I got emotional with him).

Something about Kerry’s ‘hospitals’ comment struck me as contrived. At first it was, naw, even he wouldn’t politicize that. Then I wondered why I hadn’t heard about this before, neither from his good-news starved staff nor from the biased MSM. Perhaps he does have some class and has chosen not to publicize these visits just as W does it in a very low key and respectful manner. Hunh?! This is John F. Kerry. Exploiting our folks in uniform for political gain is something he learned a long time ago -- and has practiced with impunity ever since.

So then I tried to picture the event. Kinda like Kerry at the VFW or Kerry at the American Legion, or God help us, Kerry at a US messhall in Iraq. It just wouldn’t go down well. Some soldier or Marine would not play the part for him. It struck me, it strikes me, that he made it up. Not even he would be stupid enough to be confronted by a wounded warrior angry at his presence. <<<<<

More on this at the above location
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Kerry is stealing honor again.

It was Rassmann that visited the VA hospital in Iowa a month ago, not Kerry.

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040819/NEWS01/408190325/1079

There is NO mention in the last month or so of news that Kerry EVER did so much as drive by a VA hospital.

He's so delusional. Someone really needs to check his meds.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
ArmyWife
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is film of Kerry visiting the West Wing of that hospital where he was born. Maybe he saw some patients there.

Otherwise, I haven't seen any reports of visits to hospitals, either. Just out of curiousity, I queried Google news and didn't find any stories. He probably has visited hospitals on the campaign trail, though. It would be easy to, and he could go through there and shake some hands pretty quickly without talking to the patients very much.
4th ID Vet
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the link to the Iowa City Press-Citizen I just read, Rassmann ACTUALLY NEVER visited any vets in the VA Hospital....just took a tour of the buildings.

http://www.press-citizen.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20040819/NEWS01/408190325/1079

Seems that the headline "Former Green Beret visits VA to back Kerry" is a bit of the usual play on words/spin from Kerry.

"If ya can't dazzle them with brillance, baffle them with Bulls**t" Evil or Very Mad
Marquis
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is pathetic! I hope that the Bush campaign directors are taking note of Kerry's reaction to anything that W says, or does, that he wishes that he had said or done. Kerry is easily "baited", and easily lead into a lie or falsehood. What a POS!
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: ArmyWife Reply with quote

ArmyWife: Fitzsimmons Army Medical Center was closed in 1999 as a military hospital. That would be quite a story, Kerry visiting the wounded at Fitzsimmoms! I do hope that we can find no info on Kerry visting the military wounded!
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the past few years since 9/11 there have been some high profile visitors to places like Walter Reed, Bethesda, and other Hospitals. There have been some low profile visits of Higher Ranking Officials also, not one single report in the past 3 years of JFnKerry once visiting the Troops in a Hospital, Military Base or Theatre of Operations. Heck even Hillary went to Iraq and visited the Hospitals!!
Kerry is a fool to make such bogus claims!
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Kerry's mysterious hospital visit to wounded Vets. Reply with quote

NortonPete wrote:
It seemed off the cuff and a direct rebuttal to the best parts of Bush’s speech where the Pres got emotional (and I got emotional with him).

You're not the only one Pete, that weather was in force around here also. And I suspect it was the same in a great many homes. Nobody has to tell anyone that Dubya was being honest about his feelings, it was impossible to cover up. Contrast that with John F-ing Kerry, who doesn't have the ability to be honest, and that shows too. Kerry only breeds contempt.
bubba138
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Hospital Visit Resolved Reply with quote

This issue has been resolved.

Kerry did visit the FORMER VA hospital in which he was born (Aurora, CO), but that entire base was closed down in 1999 so there are no vets being treated there: [url]http://slingsnarrows.erudite-absurdity.com/archive/002439.html[/url]

Kerry did visit friend, supporter and former Joint Chief of Staff John Shalikashvili in a military hospitial in Fort Lewis, Washington. This hospital currently treats vets from both Iraq and Afghanistan. No specific mention of Kerry visiting a vet is made, however it is safe to assume he talked to at least one: [url]http://slingsnarrows.erudite-absurdity.com/archive/002441.html[/url]
GoophyDog
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't it just be a kick in the pants that the very hospital he was born in, was one closed because he voted against funding? (lmao)
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resolved? How do you figure? He visited a retired General who had a stroke. There is nothing there but conjecture on your part or anyone elses. We are not talking campaign stops here. Show me an instance where Kerry Post 9/11 has visited a Miltiary Hospital to spend time with wounded Soldiers. Show me an instance where he visited a VA Hospital.
Oh and make it prior to his becoming the lead Democrat. Case not closed is it?
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he were to visit, he sure would have it covered by the media, it would be a big play.
bubba138
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not so sure that if Kerry had visited a vet the media would have covered it. Remember the episode at Wendy's? The Marines he met there did not exactly warm up to him. I can easily envision a similar situation in the hospital that the media would not feel was "news-worthy"
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop apologising for and making excuses for kerry, if he felt anything for those guys and gals he would have been off to Walter Reed a long time ago before he was running. He hasn't and doesn't care. All he cares about is his image and how good he looks on T.V.
The fact that he has not, speaks volumes, the fact that he never made a trip to a U.S. Base overseas since 9/11 speaks volumes.
Kerry can spew all he wants about his Vietnam Service, but what has he done for U.S. Llately?!?
bubba138
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is apologizing for Kerry? Certainly not I. All I am saying is there is no way we can prove he did not visit any Iraq or Afghanistan vets.

Kerry has so many hard and fast weaknesses and falsehoods it is better to concentrate on what is easily demonstratable and not waste time on the iffy issues. This is an iffy issue.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: