SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

No More Swift Boat Ads - 6 Sept Special Report/Brit Hume
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chaplain Nick
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: No More Swift Boat Ads - 6 Sept Special Report/Brit Hume Reply with quote

Just happened to tune into the tail end of a report on "Special Report with Brit Hume" that implied Swift Boat ads were finished. This was on the recast at Midnight of the 6PM show on Monday 6 Sept. Did anyone see the show and hear the whole segment?
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see it... will watch for another rerun here...

I did read something about the end of ads but there is an exception and that they thought the SBVTS had that exception.
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They need to keep creating ads.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:45 am    Post subject: End of ad campaign? Reply with quote

If the SBVT ads are coming to an end, shouldn't the SBVT site post an explanation for those of us who support the group?
Indianbaboon
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

he was speaking of the 60 day moratorium on political ads.

527s are exempt.

swiftvets are in teh clear.

that's my guess anyway on why he said swiftvet ads are drawing to a close.
bach04
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be helpful if someone from this site clarify this position. If this is true - that the ads are being stopped - then we need to know if this is temporary or permanent. Also, it would be good to know if new vs. old ads are being stopped.

I frankly think that it would be a bad position to stop making ads at this time.. Already I can sense complacency in the press, and everybody on the other side is expecting that the swiftvets will be old news. The news media is propagating the idea that Kerry is an excellent closer - see NYTIMES piece today http://www.nytimes.com/2004/09/07/politics/campaign/07stretch.html
and they will do everything they can to make this possible.

The swiftvets should not allow Kerry to have any momentum in the following weeks, as suggested by the media organizations. There are so many ideas for new ads based on Kerry's past; and I hope that the swifties take every opportunity to hammer on his past.
Truegrit
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: The news cycle moves on Reply with quote

It will be very hard to capture the news momentum of several weeks ago, because the news cycle is usually short lived. There are exceptions, e.g. Abu Ghraib prison scandal. SBVT was very lucky to get the national spotlight coverage received. This will be a case study in schools of journalism -- on how to leverage a small advertising buy to reap a nationwide viewership and attention.

The Kerry-as-betrayer-of-Vietnam-Vets theme could be made to resurface, if explosive new information can be surfaced. If there is a photo of him next to someone burning an American flag -- and it can be authenticated, that might help keep the issue alive. If he or his operatives engaged in fraud with regard to official Naval records regarding the medals or incidents surrounding those medals, that could also keep the issue going.

I have heard that there is an October surprise coming, but have not seen anything tangible on that -- not specifics.
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe they said they would not run ads for a while, but that this wasn't the last of it.

IMO, the SBFT's have been the stars of the campaign. But they probably need some new ads, staying focused on his post-Vietnam activities.

I wrote 2 fairly detailed ad ideas a few weeks ago. One exposed Kerry's 33 years of changing cover-ups on a 1971 assassination plot. And another that compared Kerry's secret meetings and coordination with the enemy communists, using a "what-if" 2004 scenario of a Benedict Arnold Kerry's doing the same thing with Al Sadr or Bin Laden.

Unless I'm loaded with ad money, I'd begin new attacks 7-10 days before the 1st debate. Sooner if Bush gets distracted by something. Then I'd go back to the Sell-Out ads again for the last few weeks of the campaign.

Last edited by 85 Scott on Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the piece on Brit Hume also suggested that future ads will not attack his service -- only his conduct after he left Vietnam. The speaker stated it as a matter of fact and did not identify his source.
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no idea what the SBFT's have coming. But I'm pretty sure I will like whatever it is.
85 Scott
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In today's sensationalized world, any group can probably get attention if it wants. Just make the accusations dramatic enough, attack with extreme passion, and then the target can not afford to ignore them.

Whether or not the public believes them depends on how accurate the facts of the charges actually are. And to a degree, how much the liberal-liars in media botch up those facts.

Last edited by 85 Scott on Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend more to think that we are in a quiet period to let the MSM and Kerry think he got rid of the swift boat contoversy and then hit them again. We definitely cannot quit now, history is being made.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THere is a new 527 organization that is supposed to start ads today.
http://www.moveonforamerica.org

Personally, I'm not very fond of the ads AT ALL. I'm all about discrediting Kerry, but this groups ads dont do much for me personally. I've got a feeling people will react extremely negatively to this group's ads, IMHO.

I just hope it doesnt hurt the SwiftVets efforts. A group who has EARNED the right to confront Sen Kerry for all his lies & harm he has caused millions.
ETEE
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The gathering in Washington, D.C. on Sept. 12th. will "remind" the Main Stream Media that the "Vietnam Veteran" issue is still around. It wouldn't hurt if John O'Neill, and others of SBVT could speak. In the interim, save the money for the next round. This ain't over till the polls close on November 2nd.
Scrooge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The announcement by Brit Hume said that the Swiftvets would not release any more ads attacking kerry's Vietnam service (medals, descriptions of events, etc.) It was my understanding that post Vietnam activities woiuld be the focus of future ads.

Scrooge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: