SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bill O'Reilly...Friend or Foe?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the0point
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Bill O'Reilly...Friend or Foe? Reply with quote

I'm sorry for posting this as a new topic. Moderators, please feel free to move this if you must. But I would really like to see if this can be discussed as a new topic and get some fresh ideas from everyone.

Has anyone considered that perhaps Bill is having O'Neill on tonight to try to ambush him? It's no secret that Fox News has been angling for the Independent viewer now that they have a solid conservative viewership. I saw a recent poll that said that out of all the undecided voters, nearly 40% said they watched Fox News. This is what is contributing to Fox's crushing ratings over CNN and even now the major networks.

So when I saw Bill's treatment of the Veterans, saw his disregard for the facts, I began to realize that he not looking for the truth. In fact now what I'm thinking is that this entire show tonight might be an ambush. He may attack O'Neill, and try to kill the Swift Boat story amongst Independents and conservatives--those who haven't looked for the truth. Doing this would serve two goals. One, it would knock the veterans believability and prove to Kerry that he should do the Factor interview, and two, it would help to once again solidify the MSM as the main source of news--not the internet.

If this is the case, I personally don't think this ploy will work. No one--especially Bill, seemed to understand the conviction and honor of these veterans. And the MSM has not woken up to the fact that the internet media alternative is here to stay...and growing.

Thoughts anyone? Or am I just being paranoid? Think O'Neill will get "fair and balanced" treatment?
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR is nobody's friend. He only likes BOR. Sorry. His feelings don't extend that far. He only likes himself. Whatever side improves his ratings is the side he is on.

While I'm at it, Bill, you aren't looking out for me. Thank you. I do that myself and do not need your help and never asked for it.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think BORs conduct tonight will determine who he truly is. I think he is just a ratings whore and has been bashed for his suck up to Kerry and total dismissal of the SwiftVets without even reading the book.

Tonight he will probably spend a enormous time talking about how fair he is being. Track how many times he will use the word "I" during his interview. It all ends up being about him. At this point I am sure he has received enough negative e-mail and lost ratings that he wants to recapture his audience tonight.

I've stopped watching him, but I will watch tonight.

This is Bill's last chance with a lot of people.
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two thoughts:

As long as John O'Neill is talking about this, the Swiftees stay in the public consciousness. That's very important.

Second, Mr. O'Neill always comes across as intelligent, sincere and respectful. If O'Reilly takes an aggressive or adversarial approach, it will enhance O'Neill's stature and garner more support for the Swiftees.
If that happens, your opinions are only an email away: askbill@billoreilly.com; comments@foxnews.com; roger.ailes@foxnews.com
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Spider, Spider, Spider Reply with quote

Do not underestimate this "thing" BOR as he is on the same level

as the thing he and his are trying to sell, can not even think of what

he would sell out this bad for but thats got to be it or he is just

one more "empty talking head" and over his head and those who

work for him or with him are "just letting him get what he needs"

a good kick in the teeth.

there is a limit " ask the Jackson gril" ask the Dixie Chicks ask

any one of many what the limit is. ITS BEING FULL OF S8888 AND

JUST TO FAR OUT THERE, DOING THE "WRONG THING HAS ITS PRICE"

COULD BE HE CAN WORK WITH CBS AND TICK, TICK, TICK

MY SPIN ZONE

Last edited by one more captins mast on Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just watching Foxnews about 20 min's ago and it was brought up serveral times that the Veitnam questions and Swiftvet issues are clearly not going away. Though Kerry is trying to get the focus away from it the people just keep bringing it up!

I guess it's just to late to hide Jonny Very Happy
jack white
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Again, Bill O'Reilly is a glorified disc jockey going for higher ratings and cheap applause lines.

Will he be fair? If it helps Bill, Bill will be fair. It's all about Bill, you see. If being fair hurts Bill, Bill will be unfair.

Even though O'Reilly is a total joke and fraud, he garners a large audience. John O'Neil can handle a person who won't let him answer (witness Chris Matthews); John's an experienced trial attorney and knows when the judge is in the tank. If that proves the case tonight, John will make the best of a bad situation, plug his book and make O'Reilly look bad by acting civil. If he gets a fair shot, John will dwell on substance, which I hope includes the Paris and Kansas City incidents.

It's all about Bill, either way. John will use the circumstances to his best advantage. John O'Neil is a real hero. And smart.

Bill O'Reilly is neither. But he's happy being Bill O'Reilly, which is a step above being Chris Matthews.

Last edited by jack white on Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unlike the truth detector (Rush) who has not moved from his core set of beliefs. BOR for whatever reason has decided that he can add spin and get away with it. He has such a high opinion of self & has completely under estimated the SBVFT movement and the case that was built prior to the first shot being fired on 8/2/04. Last week BOR admitted he had not read Unfit For Command and since then he has received numerous emails, snail mail, cancellations to his web site, and even parcels filled with his books and O’Reilly gear. My prediction is that BOR is going to be in full damage control mode as he interviews John O’Neil. If not it is evidence of how big headed he has gotten & his following along with his voice will be marginalized.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
You GottaBeKidding
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John O'Neill is an attorney, and according to Beldar, a good one. I'm sure he's been "handled" by far worse than BOR. He's not going to let himself get rattled.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR shamelessly kisses up to celebrities like Alec Baldwin as the most recent example I can think of . Michael Moore ate his lunch with BOR approval.

He'll try to be tough on O'neill because he considers him a nobody and is on record saying Swiftvets should not have gone after Kerry's war record.

IMHO
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jataylor11 wrote:
I think BORs conduct tonight will determine who he truly is. I think he is just a ratings whore and has been bashed for his suck up to Kerry and total dismissal of the SwiftVets without even reading the book.

what he said
mj_brutus
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: I concur with the majority so far Reply with quote

The man is a ratings hoo-ah.
FF1047
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: don't think its an ambush ... Reply with quote

I don't think Bill will try an ambush ... he has blasted Chris Matthews time and again for that. He may be coming into this thing neutral but I think he wants one good point to support. He can't support all of the book (too many incidents that can be spun by dems), but one meaty item that he can hammer away with would be what he could use.
Maybe the Christmas in Cambodia stuff (although I don't think that bothers people enough) or either the 1st and 3rd PH could be those issues for him.
Or maybe just the Form 180, Bill doesn't have to take sides he can just hammer away everynight SIGN THE 180 !!!
(remember he is on everynight ...)

John will do fine as always ...

will be watching of course ...
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOR's only allegiance is to ratings. With his track record on the Swiftees, I would not trust him as far as I can spit.

Medics, we're there when you need us.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that BOR is going to have to be fair this time. Mr O'Reilly was slammed with e-mail from vets, or people who visited swiftvets and want to hear what these men have to say about John Kerry. We have had numerous threads on BOR and I know there were a lot of people who cancelled thier BOR membership over the swiftvets to the point the BOR had to wake up and actually read the book instead of dismissing us all as "right win nuts" per his view of those of who who have supported swiftvets!

I did e-mail Mr. O'Reilly and told him I would not watch nor listen to him until he apologized...I will watch him tonight to see Mr. O'Neill, but outside of that unless BOR steps up and apologizes to us vets...he lost my viewership and I will just listen to Rush or Sean!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: