SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Vet Aide's Extremist History

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EODARMY
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Kerry Vet Aide's Extremist History Reply with quote

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40304
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few more articles on Mr. Bangert. The thought of this guy in a high government position of any kind would be very scary.

... When Vietnam veteran Joe Bangert took the stage, he announced he'd been waiting to perform the "Ballad of Ho Chi Minh" for 30 years. He gave an acappella reading of Ewan MacColl's ode to the president of North Vietnam, and everyone joined in on the familiar refrain. As they marched down the Ho Chi Minh trail, soldiers sang a tune less familiar to western audiences, "Giai Phong Mien Nam." Bangert, who lived in Vietman for several years in the '90s, sang the song in its original Vietnamese. Another veteran on the bill was Watermelon Slim, the only vet to have recorded a full album of protest music. The singer covered "Draft Board Blues" and "Vigilante Man," and demonstrated that his strongest talent is on the harmonica...

http://www.vietnamsongbook.org/show_press.htm

"I think that John (Kerry) never forgot his friends and last night was an indication of that," John Bangert said yesterday. Joe Bangert, 55, a decorated Marine who met Kerry in 1970 after both became activists against the war, spent five days working as a volunteer in Kerry's campaign. Bangert returned home yesterday, exhausted but still exhilarated. "I woke up this morning and I noticed all these guys my age were putting their military hats and jackets on," Bangert said. "I think there's a whole bunch of people who are finding out, through this campaign, that it's OK to be a veteran." Kerry's candidacy holds potential as "catharsis for the Vietnam generation," he said. Bangert, of the Veterans for Kerry contingent, said Kerry has drawn together a formidable coalition of veterans, past and current anti-war activists and even some conservatives disenchanted with President Bush. What they share, Bangert said, is anger at Bush and the federal government for cuts in veterans services and doubts that things will improve under the current commander-in-chief. Bangert works as a volunteer teaching English to immigrant Brazilians in Hyannis. He may rejoin the campaign with other veterans heading to South Carolina from Boston this weekend. ( Or he may not) ;_ Anybodt have ideas? South Carolina for a long weekend sounds mighty fine to me. Yippie! Joe (Dioxin) Bangert Smile Monday night at 10, Kerry returned to campaign headquarters in Manchester for a final rally before the primary. Kerry spotted Bangert and called out his name, then embraced him. VVAW-70-73 (Deserted at Wounded Knee) branded and banished. VVA -1980-1986 National Board of Directors; Massachusetts Agent Orange Program- underr Dukakis-Kerry government 1982-1985, former member the MGen Smedley Butler USMC Brigade, and Boston Chapter of VFP - 1987-1990 Owner of Cafe 1945- Hanoi, 1995-1996, founder of South East Asia Airlines Vietnam- USA based in Hanoi 1992-1997. Snuffie since then again. I hear the Clash- 'Should I stay or should I go'? No money. Just desire to dump W now. Hoa Binh send money and suggestions, Love, GI Joe

http://www.janbarry.net/disc.htm

American War Veterans To Pay Their Respects To Ho Chi Minh
[Printer-Friendly Version]

The following article appeared in the Viet Nam News, a Vietnamese daily paper:

Ha Noi, May 19, 1997- Three former leading members of the Vietnam Veterans Against the War (VVAW) will pay their respects at the tomb of Ho Chi Minh in Ha Noi this morning to commemorate the 30th founding anniversary of the American organization.

The three men, Chuck Searcy, Eric Herter and Joe Bangert, have called on their fellow Americans in Viet Nam to ponder the significance of the date, and to reflect on the fruits of restoration of peace and normalization of ties between Viet Nam and the United States.

Yesterday they were in telephone contact with Barry Romo and the American celebration of the anniversary in Chicago, Illinois. Bangert pointed out that the significance of the founding date of the VVAW (May 19, 1967) coinciding with the birthdate of the late Vietnamese President, and that the 30th anniversary was in the same month that the two countries for the first time have appointed ambassadors to each other's capital cities.

The VVAW, which was founded by only six war veterans in the USA in 1967, became a major national political force in the antiwar movement although its members were continually hounded and persecuted by the Nixon administration.

Bangert said one of its most famous moments came with the publishing of a stark black and white photograph of a coffin draped in an American flag in Playboy magazine in 1970, a publication popular amongst American troops, with the words "Bring our brothers home now" as a caption. He said it saw over 30,000 Americans, both veterans and troops apply to join the organization.

In April 1971, VVAW led a march in Washington which culminated in more than 1,000 veterans from the war in Viet Nam return their medals.

Bangert said his organization continued to ponder why many American foreigners in Viet Nam were still in doubt over whether the American war was a just or an unjust war, when there was never an organization of Viet Nam War Veterans who ever marched in favour of the war.

- Vietnam News Service

In addition to the above printed article an ad also ran in this edition of the Viet Nam News which read as follows:

30 YEARS - Vietnam Veterans Against the War

Doing the right thing!

We honor President Ho Chi Minh on the 107th anniversary of His Birthday!

"After sorrow comes happiness!".

http://www.vvaw.org/veteran/article/?id=260
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry is sickening.
Hammer2
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a thought all - Has anyone compiled/tracked down a list of VVAW activists contemporaneous to Kerry being in it and then looked to see how many are working in the Kerry campaign today?
deedee
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another of the Kerry cast is a member of Veterans for Peace. I don't much about that organization but do know they have helped start Iraq veterans for peace and they protested at both conventions, Boston and NYC.

On the Iraq Veteran site asking for donations, they give the address of Veterans for Peace. Maybe some "Google" expert can find out more. I can't recall the guy's name but he is a regular in the group that use to be with Kerry all the time. When I saw Bangert, he was there as well.

God Bless the Swift Boat and other Veterans here - still battling communists to protect our freedom!
Stacman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue is that we all recognize what a moron Kerry is (affectionately referred to in other forums as "SpitBall"). What these stories need is a vehicle to deliver this information to those undecided voters. The mainstream media isn't about to report any of it, and the only people reading this information are those already on the right side. The regular media is virtually owned by the liberal left. so they'll suppress anything negative about Kerry, and promote any dirt they can dig up about Bush.

There's so much information that could/should destroy Kerry and any form of a career he has. I'm just hoping this lull in SwiftVets activities is a strategic move aimed at an all out assault by the end of this month, all the way through October.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: