SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Should President Bush ask McCain to run as VP?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should President Bush ask McCain to run as VP?
Yes
23%
 23%  [ 5 ]
No
76%
 76%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 21

coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Should President Bush ask McCain to run as VP? Reply with quote

We currently have a divided country between the far right and the far left. The very fact that the Kerry people are asking for a member from the republican party like Senator McCain tells me that Senator McCain could become the catalyst that could lead to a more unified America.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
kyleparr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, so McCain can reject him.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, McCain should wait 4 years. After Bush finishes his 2nd term he should endorse McCain to be our next Republican/Independent President.
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I respect the great service he did for this country in Nam, however he has developed a relationship with the enemies of this country, Kennedy, Kerry. I question his loyalty to the party these day's. Dick Cheney is a sound VP and we need to keep him there. I might be wrong about McCain but I have a feeling that when the election is over he might change sides. I certainly hope I am wrong but his close ties with the democratic party have me wondering. It is deeply troubling that the demo side wants him on Kerry's ticket or would even ask for that matter. Semper Fi
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite honestly, ever since McCain was defeated by President Bush -- he's become bitter and slowly (but steadily) moved Left. He's well respected by Arizona, and his bravery as a POW is appreciated by most all Vets -- but he's falling out of favor with most Republicans and the Right. I think there's a good chance he will someday become a Middle of the Road "Reagan type" Democrat.

He's not going to get many, who today would vote Republican, to vote for Kerry; and to the contrary -- might drive some current Kerry voters to Nader. He would pick up some undecideds -- but maybe not as many as the far Left running from Kerry to Nader.

Finally, he ought to be smart enough to know that his career is over if Kerry would lose. Guilt by association. He might smile and say "Can't we all just get along" but inside I have to imagine he's appalled at Kerry's anti-war stance, negotiations with Hanoi, negotiations with Ortega, and all of his other Communist activities. Problem is that McCain dislikes President Bush so much he'd like to see Kerry win for his revenge.
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1

Last edited by Big Kahuna on Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
kyleparr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is because McCain is not loyal to REPUBLICANS and CORPORATIONS, but AMERICA. See. That is why. Your party is dishonest.

Oh, let's not forget the Karl Rove push polling in South Carolina where the Bush campaign defamed McCain to remove him from the race. Tough way to make friends. Of course, in Bush land, friends are Kenneth Lay, GE, Bechtel, Halliburton, and the pharma industry.

Oh, I forgot, they are also friends with the bigots at Bob Jones University.

George! Please ask him, so he can make a speech about why his is rejecting you!
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put down the pipe
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

McCain's response to the rumor that Kerry was considering asking him to be on the ticket with him as VP:

"I spent years being kept in the dark and fed very little. Why would I want to do that again?"

(paraphrased)

This poll question is a non sequitur. There can be only one VP, and we have one already - his name is Dick Cheney.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
It is because McCain is not loyal to REPUBLICANS and CORPORATIONS, but AMERICA. See. That is why. Your party is dishonest.

Oh, let's not forget the Karl Rove push polling in South Carolina where the Bush campaign defamed McCain to remove him from the race. Tough way to make friends. Of course, in Bush land, friends are Kenneth Lay, GE, Bechtel, Halliburton, and the pharma industry.

Oh, I forgot, they are also friends with the bigots at Bob Jones University.

George! Please ask him, so he can make a speech about why his is rejecting you!

Would you be so kind as to provide evidence rather than opinion or press spin that confirms Rove's involvement in the McCain bashing in South Carolina? A similar lying distortion is sweeping the press and the net about Swiftvets. I'm a member and it's not true.

Now if you want to discuss where Ted Sampley lives and his animosity for McCain we might get a little closer to what really happened in South Carolina in '00.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever thought about lithium, it cures dilusional thought. Then let the shuffle begin. Shuffle your feet that is. There is a reason that Bush didn't ask him last time. Semper Fi.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you asked for it, you got it.

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Push_poll
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/02/14/politics/main160398.shtml
http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/2003_archives/002246.html
http://members.cox.net/fweil/NYT000215.html

That should explain somewhat why McCain hates Bush. That should also explain some more about why I do and you should.

Here is an article that talks about how it is starting all over again.

http://www.thebluestate.com/article04-22-04republican.htm
Speedy
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyleparr wrote:
you asked for it, you got it.

http://www.disinfopedia.org/wiki.phtml?title=Push_poll
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/02/14/politics/main160398.shtml
http://www.j-bradford-delong.net/movable_type/2003_archives/002246.html
http://members.cox.net/fweil/NYT000215.html

That should explain somewhat why McCain hates Bush. That should also explain some more about why I do and you should.

Here is an article that talks about how it is starting all over again.

http://www.thebluestate.com/article04-22-04republican.htm
Bush and his cronies are scum.
I will vote for bush if mcain is on the ticket as VP. Would vote for mcain if he was running against bush! He is a good man
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I misread the first post and thought it was Kerry/McCain

No way should President Bush ask McCain.

I do think Cheney is wrongfully been made into extra baggage for President Bush, and it would be best for Cheney to decide he won't be the Veep for "Health Reasons" and then President Bush should ask Condaleezza Rice to run as VEEP.

A major chuck of the Woman and Black undecideds will vote for that ticket -- and I sure the Hell rather see Rice run and win in 2008 over Hitlery. Rice should be the first woman President -- not Hitlery, and the first black president -- not Je$$ee Jacka$$.
kyleparr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey look. People calling me a druggie and people calling me crazy! Amazing!!

Of course, noone actually responding to the documentation the Karl Rove and Bush push-polled their way to beating McCain in SC while trashing his character.

Interesting.
Marine4life

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noone is calling you a druggie or crazy. I have read many of your posts, most of which have been moderated. I referenced dilusional thought. Which is where most of your so called facts have come from. ASBP responded accordingly. I class Kerry in that same light, he is dilusional if he thinks he can get away from the truth about his history. So far all you have offered is a leftwing dilusional theory. Semper Fi.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: