SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The media is aggravating me...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sun Tzu
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: The media is aggravating me... Reply with quote

I find the media spin about 1000 soldiers having died in Iraq...and is it really worth it, etc. etc....interesting.

There have been 700 combat fatalities...we have 140,000 troops there...not counting those having been rotated out...that's what 0.005? Half of a percent?

There were ~4,000 deaths in California last year...traffic fatalities. Alcohol played a large role with them...and teenagers are the most involved. Where's the outrage? Where's the media coverage? How many
cops have died...or been wounded in the line of duty in California? How about the United States? Does it mean there is civil unrest? How many violent crimes have taken place in California?

How many soldiers have died in this conflict...compared to others?

American Revolutionary War -- 25,435 deaths....

Civil War -- 360,022 deaths (Union)....1,556,000 mobilized...

Spanish-American War -- 6,207 deaths...

Philippine-American War (1899 - 1902) -- 4,000 deaths...

WWI -- 53,402 deaths...4,734,991 mobilized....

WWII -- 404,997 deaths...16,112,566 mobilized...

Korean War -- 54,246 deaths...5,720,000 mobilized....

Vietnam -- 58,253 deaths...8,744,000 mobilized...

An Irish friend of mine said today..."Americans talk about fighting for freedom or fighting terrorism...that is until the first soldier body bag comes home. The public has no guts. They complained about Afghanistan too." We had an exchange of words.

Saddam was a dire threat.

God bless the troops.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun..I always look forward to your posts, and I appreciate this thread..I , well to be honest do not have a word I can use to describe how I am feeling about the MSM..

We never have glorified war here, we all have been touched by the loss of life, and limb..yet, we here at this forum.."get it". We understand that freedom is never free. We understand that we need a CIC that has the backing of his troops, a CIC who has the confidence of the American people in times of strife..a CIC and military who, for love of country our way of life, and freedom..lay it on the line, every single minute of every single day..

Remember what Zell said..it is the soldier that give the press its freedom..without them and without them now, we would be having an Israel like fear here everyday..They are taking the fight to the enemy..now, unfortunately Russia has learned the horrific way..that it is time to stand up and fight..God bless our troops and all those who fight for freedom, who allow me to put my head to pillow each night with the security in knowing all will be done that can be done..

The MSM? They just want kerry elected..that is why we need to keep the faith..and with friends like you on board..we can aggrevate the msm a whole lot more than they can us..

Take care all..and remember, we have truth on our side..we do!

PD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: