SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VETS NEED TO MAKE SURE THEY VOTE!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: VETS NEED TO MAKE SURE THEY VOTE!!! Reply with quote

In this election year it is going to be close....it is important that our voices are heard LOUD AND CLEAR! We must make sure that John "F" Kerry is not elected as our next Commander-in-Chief. I may not always agree with President Bush's decisions, nor may I always support his ideals, but I do understand what he is trying to do. It is important that Vets pull together and make sure we get a man who is willing to be strong on defense. A man who knows what God, Honor and Country ACTUALLY mean. Vets must remember how Kerry voted on defense.

In this day and age with all of the liberal media it is important to get ALL the facts and not just the liberal media views. The democrats are running on bad news and on the negative of the job loss...yet they forget what 09-11 did to this country. Our economy is on the rebound but yet listening to the news you would never know that. It is sad that the democrats want us to fail in Iraq; they were more concern about the Iraqi prison abuse scandal more than they were worried about a American getting his head chopped off. I would much rather be embarrassed by panties on my head rather than having my head chopped off as people yelled "Allah is great!". The prison abuse scandal was wrong, but what about the "Welcome to Baghdad" beatings our men and women received at the hands of Saddam's regime during the first Gulf War. Why are we not hearing about the "Food for Oil" scandal and yet it is John Kerry who wants to go back to the UN (useless Nitwits) and get their approval on how to go ahead with Iraq. It is not the French, or the Germans, or the Russians whose blood is spilled on the Iraq soil. Where is the liberal media in finding whole truth about why the French, Germans and Russians actually did not want us to go to war with Iraq? The U.S. was accused of going to war for oil...yet the French, Germans and Russians did their best to stop us and their reason was based on money...not ours! Yet the proof is there that Saddam's regime did have ties with terrorist, yet we hear nothing about this. I do still think they will find WMD's, or will find them in Syria.

If you wait long enough John Kerry will eventually take the same side of the issue that you do. Although I may not always agree with President Bush...we know he is pro-life, we know he is against gay marriage, we know that he is a man of God, we know that what he says he means. we know he is in favor of tax cuts (which John Kerry said he will appeal as soon as he is in office). John Kerry we can not actually be sure....he voted for the 87 billion before he voted against it...yet John Kerry accused President Bush of not giving the men and women body armor...which was in the 87 billion aid package to Iraq...yet it was John Kerry who voted against this. John Kerry claims he is running on his record, yet when asked about his record he is not always truthful about what he actually voted for or against. John Kerry is running on his Vietnam record, yet when questioned about it we are questioning his patriotism.

I am sadden that this country is at war and our troops get little support from home or the democrats. This country should stand together as one and support our men and women and that includes our President. It is really a disappointment that the DNC is pulling out all the stops to get elected with little consequences as to what they are doing to our men and women who are defending them. It is sad that 09-11 this country came together as one...and yet it only lasted a few short months.

We hear all about the money the republicans have and yet very little is said about how Soros is willing to give his entire fortune to get Bush out. Soros is in cahoots with Moveon.org and have given them millions of dollars. People are just voting against Bush and not realizing what that will actually mean if John Kerry gets elected. It scares me to think that he may actually win. I do not want a commander-in-chief who changes his views and opinions from one event to another. I do not want a commander-in-chief Who thinks world opinion is more important than our own safety. We can either fight terrorism in the middle east on their soil...or we can sit by and do nothing and wait for the terrorist to bring it here! The choice is yours. Do you want a strong president who understands and is willing to do what it take to win this war or do you want a President who wants to just listen to the UN and have them dictate to us what we should do. It was NOT the UN who was attacked on 09-11...it was the U.S. In today's politics we can not be a one-issue voter. I may have more moderate views than President Bush, but they are not as liberal's or as wishy-washy as John Kerry's. My decision is based upon the here and now. My decision is based upon making sure my children are safe and when my children have children they will be safe also. This vet knows there is only one choice and that is to reelect George W. Bush!
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know those 3 million jobs that the democrats like to complain about?

The ones GWB is responsible for losing, even though the recession began BEFORE he took office?

Half of them are back.

The democrats hope nobody notices, and if anyone does, they plan to complain that the jobs are all low paying.

Which is not true of course. Some are low paying, some are high paying.

But what's really going on is that economic change is happeneing. Much as the economies of the several states merged into a mega-economy in the early-mid 19th century, so too are the economis of the world merging more and more tightly together.

Things change. It's normal and healthy no matter how much it sucks for the people affected directly. But the democrats are hoping people are too dumb to know about that.

Notice... they call Bush every variation on the word "stupid" they can think of, and they call anyone who supports him a "mindless bushite" who "blindly supports" the president.

They look down on us all, as people who should probably be institutionalized to protect us from ourselves.

They think of us as... Untermenschen!

Think I'm exaggerating?

Go to http://www.**/discuss/duboard.php?az=choose_display and look at what they are saying.
But don't bother registering, because they believe in free speech only when they are the ones doing the talking.

They banned me within 1/2 hour, simply for asking questions that were too subversive.

These people are pure reactionaries, and the only thing important to them is power.

Make sure everyone knows.

Don't let them hide.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Veterans in this country are mobilized Reply with quote

TRUTH108 wrote:
According to Alpha Omega and other large Vet organizations, the veterans are mobilized and they will play a huge part in the decision of who wins this presidency.

Large vet organization! ROFLMAO!! Laughing Laughing

From their website:

Quote:
In our first year of operation, Alpha Omega generated roughly $80,000, with year-end assets of $10,000. In fiscal year 2002, nearly $650,000 in total revenues were recorded, including a special grant for the purchase of new facilities, with year-end assets of 1.4 million dollars.

What happened to the "Legion", Fiction108? Oh yeah, that was just more fiction. Laughing
garb1015
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theresa
You are right, all veterans need to get out and vote, and I'm sure they will. I think you will see the largest turn out of veteran voters that has been seen in any election in recent history.

And yes, the veterans are mobilized and will play a huge part in seeing that John Kerry never, ever becomes CIC.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can only hope and pray that the vets do get out there and vote. I know I learned that you may not always love the candidate but one must vote for the better man...although I really do like George W. Bush, I see a lot of Bush haters out there and THAT is what John Kerry is running on. Most people can not look past who the better man would really be. Most people do not realize that the economy is on the rise. The press does not made that message loud and clear about the job gain, how record profits for companies are going on...with company making profits it is not hard to figure out more jobs will be on the rise.

I was listening to a local radio station and they had 20 people call in. 10 for Bush; 9 for Kerry and 1 for Nadar. So this race is going to be close unless people really start pushing the issues. It is extremly hard with the liberal press and their slant for Kerry and against Bush. Most people do not look at the issues and we even see it on this sight. We need to get all the vets possible out so they will vote and show John "F" Kerry who they really trust, admire and respect! George W. Bush gets my vote 87 billions times over.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I suggest, please?

Do more than vote! Write your local newspaper with letters to the editor or guest columns. Attend local veteran organizational meetings and speak out. Be prepared for some flak.

Gentlemen and ladies, I think we will all be surprised at the lack of knowledge of veterans,in general, about Kerry. Many Vietnam vets have forgotten what he did but they all remember the result. Remind them!

I have written one letter to the editor and one guest column for my local newspaper that have been published and I am no writer. People read them and call me or say something to me when they see me. They don't know about Kerry's past either and we all know the main stream media will not publish anything to hurt him.

It's up to us!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: