SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry's New Statement: Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jette
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Kerry's New Statement: Wrong War, Wrong Place, Wrong Time Reply with quote

Kerry vows to withdraw troops from Iraq
Mon 6 September, 2004 16:23
Patricia Wilson
Reuters

CANONSBURG, Pennsylvania (Reuters) - Democratic presidential nominee John Kerry has called the invasion of Iraq "the wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time" and said his goal was to withdraw U.S. troops in his first White House term.

Under pressure from some Democrats to change the subject from national security -- regarded by many as President George W. Bush's strongest issue -- Kerry tried to focus exclusively on the economy and other domestic topics at a neighbourhood meeting but supporters raised Iraq.

The Massachusetts senator, who has said he would have voted to give Bush the authority to use force if necessary against Iraq even if he had known at the time that Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction, has struggled to draw clear contrasts with the president.

"I would not have done just one thing differently than the president on Iraq, I would have done everything differently than the president on Iraq," Kerry said on Monday.

He denied that he was "Monday morning quarterbacking."

"I said this from the beginning of the debate to the walk up to the war. I said, Mr. President don't rush to war, take the time to build a legitimate coalition and have a plan to win the peace."

Kerry said Bush had failed on all three counts. He called the president's talk about a coalition fighting alongside about 125,000 U.S. troops "the phoniest thing I've ever heard."

Reuters

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/1208568/posts?page=1

SOUND FAMILIAR?

Note:Please include a link to original source material when reproducing non-original content.
Note: Title edited. Please refrain from using all caps in topic titles. Thanks
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice "collaboration" between terrorists and US liberals: creating a mess in Iraq. That's the only way for them to "capitalize" from Iraq war. Both will get handsome benefits.

Under the liberals, the US is bound to suffer catastrophic disaster. The 1990s—which brought 9/11, was just a beginning. Americans need to and must know a clear choice: between allowing catastrophic disaster to happen and a strong will to fight for liberty and security. Kerry is the choice for the former, and Bush is for the latter.

Deep down in his heart and soul, Kerry is hoping that thousands and thousands of American soldiers will die in Iraq. Kerry is a man with “evil” soul, and so are the angry and fanatic liberals. They are dancing at the soldiers’ graveyard, just as the terrorists are dancing on the street as more Americans got killed in Iraq.
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John "Benedict Arnold" Kerry, out to defeat those American imperialists again.

Next up a meeting with Zarqawi.

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)

Last edited by Mooncusser on Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
zinfella
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take this opportunity to point out what Rush Limbaugh has said for years. The only way for things to go well for the liberal Democratic party, is for things to go bad for America. These guys are on the wrong side of the issue, and are just to obsessed with their own rhetoric to understand that fact. They are the road to chaos and ruin in any war against terrorism.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get a load of this account of the same speech as reported by.......you guessed it.......the AP--

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=694&u=/ap/20040906/ap_on_el_pr/kerry_19&printer=1

What's the deal with this?

Quote:
".......my goal would be to try to get them home in my first term"

What happened to six months?--Would that be a flip or a flop?

And I particularly liked this part

Quote:
He called the president's coalition "the phoniest thing I ever heard."

Not as if it's the first time by a long shot, but leave it to John Kerry to insult the countries who have supported us (AKA "allies") while cozying up to those who haven't--

And check out the last paragraph in this account and how it's presented--The AP isn't even trying to camouflage the bias anymore--C
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of couse John F. Kerry is already negotiating with certain Iraqis for exclusive trade agreements and oil deals. Perhaps shipping agreements? Sales of ketchup.

I think it's just wonderful that he talks about surrender while we are winning.
Is this part of a pattern?

Grabs defeat from the jaws of victory every time.
Justifys Kerry's "Hate America First" stance.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry: WRONG CANDIDATE
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait for him to tell us how few Free Iraqis will be murdered in the process. Come on, Kerry, tell us.
ccwebb
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:26 pm    Post subject: flip-flop Reply with quote

Another Kerry flip-flop. Just a few weeks ago he was saying he would bring the troops home in six months. Now its four years.

He was roundly criticized for the six months because the terrorists could just wait it out. So now he trying four years.

The correct answer is "when the job is done"!

Charlie
USAF66-70
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bush point out the latest Kerry flip-flop:

From: “Bush Fires Back at Kerry Criticism,” Monday September 06, 2004 3:49pm Washington (AP) – Defending the war in Iraq as "right for America," President Bush on Monday blasted back at Democrat John Kerry’s criticism that Iraq was the "wrong war in the wrong place at the wrong time."

Bush, in a Labor Day speech prepared for supporters in southeast Missouri, said Kerry is a politician who can't decide what he thinks and stick to it….

"After voting for the war, but against funding it, after saying he would have voted for the war even knowing everything we know today, my opponent woke up this morning with new campaign advisers and yet another new position," Bush said in prepared remarks released by his campaign. "Suddenly he's against it again," Bush said….

I’m so confused. Anybody know how many flip-flops this is?
napnip
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAF66-70 wrote:
I’m so confused. Anybody know how many flip-flops this is?

Nah, to be honest, when I see John Kerry, I feel like I'm watching a tennis match.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with what Sean Hannity said a long time ago, and that is that in order for the Democrats and Liberals to totally take back their power in the White House, and both houses of Congress, the US and the Bush Administration has to fail in all it's current activities. That means the war in Iraq, the war in Afghanistan, the war on terrorism, the economy, foreign policy and other activities.

In other words, more men and women have to die in Iraq and Afghanistan, more Americans have to die abroad and in our nation in the wr in terrorism, activist judges have to declair each and every law and policy of the Bush Administration illegal and unconstitutional, the nations economy has to fail, more Americans have to lose their jobs, businesses, and homes.

Oh yeah, those Democrats and Liberals want the best for our country, don't they?

Friggin War Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
soccer4ever
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip-Flop

Flip-Flop

Flip-Flop

Flip-Flop

Flip-Flop

Flip-Flop
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will say anything, do anything to try to be president
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing wrong about the war is that Bush 1 did'nt finish it off the first time. I agree that Kerry is now making our allies feel bad, that is just so wrong. Now the enemy has no reason to put away their roadside explosive devices, at least not until they see Kerry lose in November. Kerry has blood of our fighting men on his hands once again. Every thing that I can do is going into seeing that this man loses. You're toast Kerry.

Last edited by msindependent on Tue Sep 07, 2004 12:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: