SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

e- Mail and FAX attract: PLEASE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kerrlied
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: e- Mail and FAX attract: PLEASE! Reply with quote

e- Mail and FAX attract: PLEASE!

Would some one of the Swift Boat Veterans Every day do a e-Mail or a Fax for us to BOMBARD THE LIBERAL MEDIA WITH AND POST IT.
Put it in a special place with the address for us to copy and send.
If we start hitting CBS NBC AND ABC CNN with 20,000 Faxed and e-mails EVERY DAY they will know we mean business.
We will do their advistiers TOO!
I want to SEE a HUGE ATTRACT on the Liberal MEDIA for all the LIES.

Post us the Copy and Address and WE will Do it EVERY DAY!

The first one could be Questions to ask Kerry We want answers.
HE SHOULD BE IN JAIL
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: e-mail... Reply with quote

kerrlied wrote:
...Would some one of the Swift Boat Veterans Every day do a e-Mail...

Good suggestion. I composed from scratch a number of emails today and I'm sure they looked pretty much the same as hundreds of others. We could save time by having a volunteer compose two or three on the most important items and post them for us to edit and send to our local media.
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be glad to volunteer for sample of e-mail. Let us know what content would be the most helpful to the Swiftvets.
kerrlied
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I'm not too good at Spelling and compsising but I want to HELP all I can
The other idea is
ATTACT CONGRESS NOW
We all need to e-mail 10,000 e-mail to Every Member of the House and Senate DEMANDING they Intivigate the Kerry Metals and his 4 Months in Vietnam.
DO IT TODA! If we BOMBARD THEM they will need to take ACTION.
I understand the navy is looking into it but not Moving too Fast.
LETS TURN ON THE HEAT!! I want him to BOIL!
This is a link to the CONGRESSIONAL e-Mail Directory
http://www.webslingerz.com/jhoffman/congress-email.html

I be happy to set up a server on the NET free for some one to post the e-mail for us to copy and send I have several we can USE!!!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A "home-made" email, short and sweet, one or two main points and polite will always have a better chance of being read than a copied and pasted email.

Please make your efforts count for something.

This is important:

These large corporations have filtering software that is "smart," that is, it will recognize that it has received identical paragraphs or sentences in X number of emails and it will shut off further acceptance of those types of emails.

Your hard-wrought efforts will end up in the bit-bucket, unread by anything but a bot. If you're going to go to the trouble of sending out emails, make sure that they stand a chance of being read by a HUMAN and having some sort of impact.

Hand-made and heart-felt.

And pithy - always pithy! Wink
RMalloy
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Short and pithy. Like the idea of contacting our representatives about Kerry's service, especially whether or not he
was still an enlisted man when he went to Paris. I'm still amazed.
I remember how people said you better behave or the government will get you. Yet, look at Kerry, he sat before Congress and gave false testimony about all the military in Vietnam, marched around waving Viet Cong flags, and consorted with the enemy. There are even FBI files where they watched him do this, all without recrimination nor censure. For all the crap about big, bad, Nixon, people got away with alot of crap back then. Especially Kerry.
Billman
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EJ is exactly right. We are lucky to have a super-competent moderator who is also tech-savvy. I'm in the tech business myself and used to do commercial email software.

These people get bombarded constantly with automated and cut/paste email campaigns. They have interns and software that do nothing but delete, delete, delete. Those type of campaigns have no credibility anymore (if they ever did).

Far better to receive hundreds of passionate, individual, obviously not automated emails from varied individuals. The best of all, according to people I've talked to in this business, is a well-written letter sent via snailmail. The best of the bunch frequently get handed physically to the executive/candidate/addressee. The emails never do, although the trends do get recorded (after filtering out the aforementioned campaigns)
Jazzoi
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Navy_Navy_Navy wrote:

And pithy - always pithy! Wink

And, whatever you do. Don't forget to bloviate.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: