SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Criminal bomber of Serbs supports war criminal Kerry

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Criminal bomber of Serbs supports war criminal Kerry Reply with quote

This man is the feature actor Laughing in the new kerry kampaign ad...

Below is some excerpts from a Air Force forum, I was on:

1.My own memory of McPeak (which is gratefully a bit hazy) from my USAF days was that he was so determined not to have a "Tailhook"-type scandal that he created an atmosphere of PC fear. Those accused of any kind of non-PC behavior were guilty immediately upon accusation.
One of my experienced NCO's, who deployed with me overseas during the Somalia conflict, and who watched my back assiduously, was canned shortly after I left that particular base, for "sexual harassment" -- and I had it on good authority from my fellow officers that I left behind that there was no basis to the charges whatsoever.

Zero tolerance didn't mean zero tolerance for behavior your mother wouldn't approve of (which was the standard I used in judging myself and those who worked for me), it meant that an accusation by a disgruntled subordinate was all it took. Of course, McPeak was simply following Clinton's lead in bringing the Democrats' political sensibilities into the ranks of the military, but that's really no-one's fault but his own, isn't it?

2.This guys is truly the most hated man in the USAF, even 10 years after retiring. He managed to fu$$ up our personnel system, especially navigator, pilots and maitenance troops, so bad we're still fighting to fix it now. He gave us the "Delta Airlines" uniform. No shi$, I had someone ask me which airline I flew after I got my first "new" uniform. He is noted by every guy who I know who worked with him as the single worst general officer they ever met, EXCEPT one toad who himself was the single worst officer I'VE ever met... Looks like the screwups recognize and hang together. Kinda like Mr. Kerry I guess, who has circled himself with yes men, with God knows what promises of reward if he wins the CIC.

3.That self absorbed idiot McPeak also stripped the rank off of everyone's uniforms (except for aircrew...), by mandating aircrew style namepatches in lieu of rank insignia or stripes. Oh yeah--and he ruled that t-shirts would be v-neck vice crew-neck to show off the manly fighter pilot chest hair... Not to mention the new service dress with navy style sleeve stripes versus sholder rank (so the pilots would have an easier transition from USAF to US Air...). He realigned career fields resulting in many of us becoming "redundant..." Let's see--he eliminated Air Force manuals, and replaced them with Air Force Instructions, 'cause those pesky manuals were just too hard to read... McPeak, I really hope you're reading this you worthless pile of monkey droppings. Why don't you leave politics alone and do something more suited to you...say like hosting "What Not To Wear..."

4.McPeak was a joke as Chief of Staff of the Air Force, and he is clearly continuing his lack of relevance. The only reason professional officers didn't say so at the time was because it was realized he wouldn't be there forever, and keeping quiet to survive and being around after he left would be the only way to get the USAF back on track.
The damage McPeak and 'toon wreaked on DoD in general and the Air Force in particular is legion! In 1998 we had less than half the number of aircraft that we had in 1988. While we may have not needed all of the 1988 count, we sure as heck didn't need to throw out more than 50%!

Additionally, of the remaining aircraft, many were turned into hanger queens (parked permanently in a hanger) because they had to be robbed (cannibalized) for parts - 'toon, with the full complicity of McPeak, wouldn't would give us the money we needed to buy spare parts to maintain the few aircraft we had left and keep them in the air!

You be the judge; he was a joke then, he clearly hasn't changed. BTW, he was the first military staff member to endorse 'toon's "Don't ask, don't tell!" policy regarding perverts in the military.....

etc etc etc...

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wasn't the Clinton Military Fun? Rolling Eyes
I have heard the same complaints about McPeak from many others from the Air Force.
Do not feel like the Lone Ranger though. I think the Marines are the only ones who stayed out of the whole PC menace.
Look at the Army, they take away the Beret from the Rangers and give it to the entire Army," so everyone can feel special", Training funds were scarce while missions increased (by the way for anyone not aware the Guard and Reserves had to take up World Missions long before 9/11 in Bosnia, the Sinai and others). The entire Don't As Don't Tell( either let them in or don't, that idea was a and is a disaster).
Another former General who has endorsed JFnK, is Gen. Clark, Many people are unaware that Gen Clark almost started a shooting War with the Russians in Yugoslavia, after the Russians decided to get involved in Peace Keeping there Gen Clark oredered the Commander of a British Airborne Unit to seize the Airfield the Russians were coming in on(he refused and the order was shot down by D.C., he never cleared it with them). Anyhow the Russians had an entire Airborne Division on standby to come in and retake the Airport from the British. General Clark left his command almost a year early over that. (Oh but he wasn't "Relieved", he was "Promoted". Gen Clark and Clinton go back some ways)
Lot more but hey, I have ranted enough for a week.
Snipe
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made an Exchange run up to Great Lakes a couple of weeks ago.
I haven't been on a Naval Base in 20+ years. For what particular
reason do sailors wear woodland cammies?
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipe, It's been 14 years since I've seen GLakes. They had a large CB unit and they wore cammies as did the brig personnel.

Tailhook completely discombuberated the Navy. A slick sleeve female ousts a CNO. Chaperoned liberty in Subic! A thoroughly humilitating experiment in social engineering.

I can't imagine my old DDG (RIP) with a coed crew.
beansoup
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the added info on this pewk..I keep a file on him..The guy is mud, but then again, he's in mud company.. Cool

"Swiftvet Donation site"
http://swift1.he.net/~swiftvet/index.php
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: