SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

60 Minutes 2: what a joke!!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Doc Jerry
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: 60 Minutes 2: what a joke!!! Reply with quote

At no time on this 60 Minutes piece, did I hear that Ben Barnes is a dem operative. At no time, did they say he's given tons of cash to the Kerry campaign and at no time did Blather even mention that Barnes said the opposite (about Bush pressure to get him into the Guard) in 1999 while under oath.

What a joke!!!

medics, we're there when you need us.
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I taped it, and will try to get a list of all companies that ran ads during this sham, tomorrow I will email them and let them know what I think

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post those names here, so we can all know and act accordingly.
bhlewis
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, try to get the names up and get them spread out for tomarrow. The other thread had a bunch of names but I don't know if thats complete.

They'll come into work tomarrow with thousands of email messages clutering there mailbox.
vietnamvet173
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: 60 Minutes 2: what a joke!!! Reply with quote

Doc Jerry wrote:
At no time on this 60 Minutes piece, did I hear that Ben Barnes is a dem operative. At no time, did they say he's given tons of cash to the Kerry campaign and at no time did Blather even mention that Barnes said the opposite (about Bush pressure to get him into the Guard) in 1999 while under oath.

What a joke!!!

medics, we're there when you need us.

Dan Rather in his own way betrays us all in the same manner the John F. Kerry has. His lies of omission make him a propagandist hell bent on President Bush’s defeat in November.

What Dan Rather is doing is willful. Without Fox News, The Swift Vets Site, alterative media and our very own Paul Revere Mr. Matt Drudge we most likely would not be aware of Dan Rather’s betrayal of the truth. The manipulation and manufacturing of News to promote a political agenda is what the Soviets did, what the Chicoms do and in the United States of America it should not be tolerated. The defeat of Kerry will be a severe blow to the Mainstream Media.
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 1:55 am    Post subject: FYI Reply with quote

Barnes Under Oath

Under Oath, Barnes Testified He Had No Contact With Bush Family Concerning National Guard. "Ben Barnes, then the speaker of the Texas House, said in 1999 that Sidney Adger, a Houston businessman and longtime friend of the Bush family whose son also won a slot in the 147th, had asked him to help get Mr. Bush into the Guard. Mr. Barnes, who acknowledged a role only after he was questioned under oath, also said that he had spoken to the head of the Texas Air National Guard on Mr. Bush's behalf, but had no contact with anyone in the Bush family. And there is no direct evidence that Mr. Bush's family pulled strings to get him into the 147th. Mr. Bush is firmly on record denying it, as is the commander of the unit, and there is no paper trail showing any influence by the Bush family." (David Barstow, "In Haze Of Guard Records, A Bit Of Clarity," The New York Times, 2/15/04)

Barnes Said Reports He Helped Bush At His Father's Urging Were "False." "Former Lt. Gov. Ben Barnes denied a magazine report Thursday that he helped George W. Bush get a place in the Texas Air National Guard at the urging of Bush's father. Bush, the Republican presidential front-runner, has repeatedly denied that he received preferential treatment in being accepted into the Guard during the Vietnam War. … 'I never spoke to Congressman Bush about his son,' Barnes said Thursday. 'The story is false.'" (Renae Merle, "Barnes Denies Report That He Helped Bush Into The National Guard," The Associated Press, 7/15/99)

In Fall Of 1999, Barnes Said Bush Family Never Asked To Get President Bush Into National Guard. "Mr. Bush has consistently said he never requested special treatment, though Ben Barnes, who was speaker of the Texas House in 1968, said in 1999 that he had been asked by a Houston businessman -- not by the Bush family -- to recommend Mr. Bush for a pilot's slot, and that he had done so." (David M. Halbfinger, "Three Decades Later, Vietnam Remains A Hot Issue," The New York Times, 8/29/04)

Barnes Is Kerry Fundraiser And Advisor

Ben Barnes Is Kerry Campaign Vice-Chair, Raising Over $100,000 For Campaign. (Kerry For President Website, www.johnkerry.com/fec/, Accessed 9/4/04)

Barnes Considers John Kerry Close Personal Friend. "Barnes, a government consultant with offices in Austin, Chicago and Washington, said: 'I'm just an enthusiastic participant' who considers as personal friends Corzine, Daschle and Kerry, whom he got to know during summer vacations in Nantucket." (W. Gardner Selby, "Texas' Last 'Old Lion' Still On Prowl For Funds," San Antonio Express-Texas, 7/30/04)

"Texans For Kerry" Website Links To Barnes Video. (Texans For Kerry Website, www.texansforkerry.com/texansforkerry/, Accessed 9/7/04)

Barnes Is Considered "A Definite In" In Kerry Administration. " known Kerry since the 1980s. 'I don't know who's going to be in and who's going to be out' of a possible Kerry administration, Barnes said. 'But John Kerry has been sympathetic to Texas in the past. ... I would expect him to listen to our problems if he's in the White House.' Barnes is a definite in, though he says he'll keep working as a lobbyist based in Austin." (Jay Root, "Texas Democrats Are Waiting In The Wings," Fort Worth Star Telegram, 7/31/04)

Barnes Owns Home Near Kerry's In Nantucket. "Now a lobbyist and consultant, Barnes has a house near Kerry's in Nantucket, Mass., and committed to Kerry's White House bid nearly three years ago on the grounds of the Nantucket Golf Club." (Jay Root, "Texas Democrats Are Waiting In The Wings," Fort Worth Star Telegram, 7/31/04)

Barnes Is Kerry "Super-Bundler" Fundraiser. "Eleven are from Texas, including Dallas plaintiff's lawyer Fred Baron and lobbyist Ben Barnes, a Lyndon Johnson protégé who served as lieutenant governor and is one of the national Democrat Party's most prodigious fund-raisers. 'If someone had told me last quarter that John Kerry would have raised as much money as he's been able to, I'd have said it couldn't happen. But I'm seeing it happen,' said Mr. Barnes, whose lobby clients have included American Airlines and the chemical giant Huntsman Corp." (Wayne Slater, "Vested Interests In Kerry Lawyers, Lobbyists Top Donors List," Dallas Morning News, 7/26/04)

Opening Night Of Democratic Convention In Boston, "Kerry Adviser And Veteran Political Fund-Raiser"Barnes Hosted Party For Convention-Goers. "On the opening night of the Democratic National Convention, more than 250 well-dressed people strayed from the convention, enjoying bubbly drinks and appetizers such as tablespoon-sized shrimp salads at a party hosted by former Texas Lt. Gov. Ben Barnes. Barnes, a Kerry adviser and veteran political fund-raiser, said he scheduled his event to remind potential donors about the Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, which seeks to help Democrats recapture a majority in the U.S. Senate, where the GOP has a two-vote majority." (W. Gardner Selby, "Texas' Last 'Old Lion' Still On Prowl For Funds," San Antonio Express-Texas, 7/30/04)

In October 2003, Barnes Hosted Fundraiser For John Kerry. "Democratic presidential contender John Kerry, counting on the Texas-Massachusetts connection that played better in the 1960s than it did in the 1980s, made three fund-raising stops in Texas on Wednesday as he campaigned toward primary season. Kerry, a senator from Massachusetts, spoke to about 60 supporters at the Four Seasons Hotel here between stops in Dallas and Houston….In introducing Kerry here, former Lt. Gov. Ben Barnes likened him to Kennedy. 'He possesses the talent, the courage, the experience and the depth that will make him, as Jack Kennedy was in 1961, a president that has the determination to lead this country,' Barnes said." (Ken Herman, "Kerry Plays Up Texas' Link To His Home State," Austin American-Statesman, 10/2/03)
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i dont understand is why these guys are so blatantly selling out whatever reputations they had over this election. in 8 weeks its gonna be over and then what? Ill never watch NBC CBS or ABC again. We need to find the sponsors of these advertisers who endorse this trash programming and boycott the heck out of them.
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: To watch or not? Reply with quote

It's not on here yet. I have another hour to go. Is it worth watching or should I forget it?
arlene welker
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Sponsers Reply with quote

I got three sponsers if you want to get a head-start.

Campbells Soup
Kia
UPS Stores

I couldn't stand to watch any more.

I am sure the rest of yoy will get all of them.
integritycounts
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kia, a Korean company, I would suspect would be very sensitive to this topic if you contacted them. I was not really thinking this would have any impact, but I would say the odds of Kia listening to your concerns would be very high.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let em rip.

Campbell's soups and products

http://www.campbellsoupcompany.com/contact_form_detail.asp

I demanded a public apology on television for running the 60 minutes II episode smearing President Bush with the absolute intent that I will never again buy their products unless they issue that apology.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent in a scathing email to campbells telling them i demand an apology and a dismissal of that shows views. i also said i would never use their products.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bsjracing wrote:
I taped it, and will try to get a list of all companies that ran ads during this sham, tomorrow I will email them and let them know what I think

I want that list as well please this is Really rediculous, its as close to state run television this country has ever seen.
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sent mine to Campbells I want more adresses please. I didnt see all of it and didnt think of this course.
tiptie
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just sent an email to Campbells blasting their support of this show.

I told them that my entire, extended family has put Campbells on our black list.

There are MANY choices other than Campbells. I have made mine.

I am sure we will all get a nice form letter stating that they have NO control over content of shows they sponsor.

However, they can DROP their ads on 60 Sham Minutes, from this point forward, if they want our business.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: