SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ollie's Volley

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlyLow
Seaman Apprentice

Location: Texas...where many of us are NOT rich Republicans...but many of us are CONSERVATIVES!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Ollie's Volley Reply with quote

September 9, 2004 -- WASHINGTON — Former Marine Oliver North — noting that he turned down Purple Hearts so he could stay in Vietnam with his troops — is firing new shots at old foe John Kerry, calling on the Massachusetts Democrat to apologize for his anti-war protests.
In his syndicated column, North, a war hero and Fox New Channel commentator, recently issued a "Dear John" letter that chides Kerry for testifying that U.S. troops committed atrocities in Vietnam, and points out that even "Hanoi" Jane Fonda later apologized for some of her conduct during the war.

"Even Jane Fonda apologized. Will you, John?" North wrote in his column last month.

"The issue is what you did to us when you came home, John," North wrote. "John, did you think they would forget?"

In addition to facing criticism for his anti-war protests, Kerry also has been under fire from some vets who say he didn't deserve his medals and collected three Purple Hearts as quickly as he could so he could return to the United States.

"I only have two Purple Hearts, though," North wrote.

"I turned down the others so that I could stay with the Marines in my rifle platoon. But I think you might agree with me, though I've never heard you say it, that the officers always got more medals than they earned and the youngsters we led never got as many medals as they deserved."

When asked yesterday if Kerry had contacted him, North, the host of "War Stories" on the Fox News Channel, laughed loudly, shaking his head from side to side. He said the feedback to his writing has been "astounding."

North and Kerry have a history.

It was Kerry, as a senator investigating the Iran-Contra scandal, who helped put North's military career in mothballs in the 1980s — pinning much of the blame for the gun-running plot on the decorated Marine.

Kerry's war-hero record has been shot up by the anti-Kerry Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, who published the best-selling book, "Unfit for Command," which claims Kerry lied to collect his Bronze Star and three Purple Hearts.

"You don't have a beef with President George Bush about your war record," North writes.

"Your complaint is with the 2.5 million of us who served honorably in a war that ended 29 years ago and which you, not the president, made the centerpiece of this campaign."

North says it was devastating to American POWs, who had Kerry's testimony thrown in their face by taunting North Vietnamese.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/19314.htm
Note: Link corrected
tigers tamed, bars emptied, virgins converted, orgies organized.
Nathanyl
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see how much he despises Kerry anytime he's on Fox talking about him.
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Good Post FlyLow Reply with quote

I was outraged last week when Bob (liar) Beckle stated on Hannity and Colmes (Hannity was off that night) that Ollie North admitted on a show the week before that he had witnessed war crimes and atrocities while he was in Viet Nam.

Colmes (and the guest host sitting in for Hannity) let it go right by and never said a word. I saw the program that BB was talking about (with Ollie) and what he (BB) stated was an outright, bald faced lie. It was just a total fabrication and the exact opposite of the words that Ollie spoke.

As I read Unfit for Command, there is a certain theme that just keeps jumping out at me and the below paragraph sums up that theme perfectly.. page 136, first full paragraph.

"The Communist world understood clearly then what John Kerry even today still tries to deny. The antiwar movement typified by the VVAW was not simply a protest movement. At its core, the VVAW was avowedly anti-American, willing to propagate lies about "war crimes" allegedly committed by American soldiers on a daily basis. The goal that the VVAW was seeking to achieve through its highly publicized demonstrations in Washington, D.C., during April 1971 was to convey one simple message: The United States had lost its moral way in opposing the Viet Cong. Kerry, as a spokesperson for the VVAW, was trumpeting the theme the Communist world wanted heard. Navy lieutenant John Kerry could not have been a more perfect poster boy for the Communist Daily World than if he had been recruited and trained by the KGB itself."

(my burning question, "was he recruited"?)
To me, this paragraph sums John Kerry up pretty damn good.

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:27 am; edited 3 times in total
GaryD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rideaharley,

You took the words right out of my mouth! Been wondering this, too, for some time now. Evil or Very Mad
gerson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question And if so, is he STILL recruited? Question

So far, there are -- at least-- four members of his original VVAW pals working directly with his campaign... And I read or heard somewhere that Jane Fonda was donating big bucks (12 million?) to some 527 -- not this one!
RideAHarley
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 7:53 pm    Post subject: Hanoi Jane - $13,085,750.00 to be exact Reply with quote

Here is the list of just a few. You will find many many more on these sites..
Here are the links.. http://www.opensecrets.org/527s/index.asp
and another http://membership.publicintegrity.org/527/search.aspx?act=con&sec=indiv&sub=topindiv

Lewis, Peter B - $14,375,000 (head of Progressive Insurance)
Soros, George and Susan W. - $13,120,000
Fonda, Jane - $13,085,750
Bing, Stephen L. - $9,869,014
Harris IV, John A. - $4,591,500-
Messinger, Alida R. - $3,571,000
Rappaport, Andrew S. & Deb - $2,739,000
Hunting, John R. - $1,959,000
Kirsch, Steven T. - $1,845,000
Varis, Agnes - $1,790,844
Gund, Louise L. - $1,728,600
Buttenwieser, Peter L. - $1,663,535
Cullman, Lewis B. & Dorothy - $1,650,000
Abraham, S. Daniel & Ewa - $1,445,000
Eychaner, Fred - $1,370,000
Searle, Daniel C. - $1,250,000
Perenchio, A. Jerrold - $1,204,000
Buell, Susie Tompkins - $1,133,650
Lindner, Carl H. Jr.-$1,092,000
Carsey, Marcia L - $1,075,000
Earhart, Ann Getty - $1,000,000
Glaser, Robert D. - $1,000,000
Lewis, Dan - $1,000,000
Rosenthal, Richard - $1,000,000
Sandler, Herb & Marion - $954,050

Semper Fi
RideAHarley.com - Prescott, Arizona

Last edited by RideAHarley on Fri Sep 10, 2004 2:30 am; edited 3 times in total
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RideAHarley quotes and writes:

"The Communist world understood clearly then what John Kerry even today still tries to deny. The antiwar movement typified by the VVAW was not simply a protest movement. At its core, the VVAW was avowedly anti-American, willing to propagate lies about "war crimes" allegedly committed by American soldiers on a daily basis. The goal that the VVAW was seeking to achieve through it highly publicized demonstrations in Washington, D.C., during April 1971 was to convey one simple message: The United States had lost its moral way in opposing the Viet Cong. Kerry, as a spokesperson for the VVAW, was trumpeting the theme the Communist world wanted heard. Navy lieutenant John Kerry could not have been a more perfect poster boy for the Communist Daily World than if he had been recruited and trained by the KGB itself."

I think he may be somewhat like the British self-styled intellectuals who were, in fact, recruited by the Soviets. I also firmly believe the VVAW and Kerry were not just about Viet Nam. I believe their purpose was to try and stop the U.S. from ever fighting a war and winning it. He could just as well be recruited by the Islamofascists today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Kerry - VVAW Leadership & "Wintersoldier" All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: