SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OCTOBER SURPRISE ANYONE?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: OCTOBER SURPRISE ANYONE? Reply with quote

Okay. I watched FOX news Pentagon reporter Brent Bair tonight interviewing an officer in Iraq. Great interview. Brent asked the officer if he thought UBL was alive. The office grinned from ear to ear. Brent asked if it was possible we are holding UBL for later. The officer assured him that such as thing could not be kept secret! (grinning from ear to ear) Then he talked about the Jordanian terrorist and the officer told him that we had severely damaged his group in the past few weeks. (grinning). The guy actually had to put his head down to keep from busting out laughing. SOMETHING IS GOING ON. I got the same feeling last night listening th Don Rumsfeld being interviewed by Rita Cosby. But this guy was beyond just a little gleeful. If you are stilll awake I think it will be repeated on FOX news at 11:00 pm Central on Sunday Best.
Chuck Z Ombie AC2000
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read Ollie Norths article? he said the people in afganistan told him Osama is dead and has been for years.

http://www.washtimes.com/commentary/20041002-102022-7716r.htm

Quote:
Last week at the coalition base at Bagram, north of Kabul, I listened to soldiers and Marines who have been pursuing the remnants of al Qaeda — and helping bring about next week's Afghan election — the first real democratic ballot in the country's history. Set aside for a moment the belief of many, from Kandahar to Kuwait, that Osama has been dead for years. The most frequent complaint I heard at Bagram was that the "good news from Afghanistan never gets reported." Nobody grumbled about inadequate resources for hunting Osama.
At Bagram, where U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Director Eduardo Aguirre welcomed dozens of our military personnel as new U.S. citizens, I asked several if having more U.S. troops would help catch bin Laden. No one said, "Yes," but many asked: "Where would they look? Pakistan?"

Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I read that. I guess where I am coming from is whether we have something to report soon that has actually been verified. Rumors in Afghanistan would not be accepted to be the type of proof we need. Something is going on!
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomore, am I following you correctly in that the "October Surprise" may be confirmation that OBL is dirt-napping and presently residing next to that other Islamofascist, the Ayatollah in H**l? Now, knowing that whats GOOD for the USA is bad for the DEMS, how would they handle that? Cry like babies and mourn the fact that OBL was not read his "rights" and represented by an attorney like Edwards in a Court of Law or rejoice with every other freedom/justice loving American? Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This facinates me. I have often wondered what is up in Afganistan, and if indeed we do have that evil one. But I can not see Bush hiding this for a surprise. You know as well as I that the MSM will be all over this with question upon question..But, then again..? Hmmmm. Well, I would love to take my picture of the evil one off my wall..I vowed on Sept 12, 2001 that a picture of him would stay on my wall until we killed that pig, and it is getting pretty torn up from beating on it for 2 years. But, the dart marks are not too bad.. Wink

I pray for that day..and if we do have him..I say bring him out ohhhhh, Oct. 20th..just a thought..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking, if UBL were dead, I don't automatically think that it is wrong to not tell the public. Maybe they are keeping the idea he is alive afloat b/c of Intelligence. After all they don't owe the public all the details. It may be they are waiting for the right time to release this info.
anyway, whether he is dead or very ill, he hasn't been in a video in a great while and u know he would be if he could.
dmattox
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wondering if they might not release that he is dead so he doesn’t become a martyr. Right now everyone thinks he is hiding and ineffective. If all the high-ups start saying they think he is dead, it might create a leadership vacuum that someone else would fill in Al Qaeda. Also, might increase attacks for retribution.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it is UBL, but this morning on Kerry Spot they talked about the paranoia in the DEM camp about an October Surprise. Just to remind everyone posted on a previous thread Rove's interview on Hannity saying there is going to be a couple of surprises for the dems in October. Seems like they are waiting around for the hammer to fall. You always reap what you sew. keeping this in mind I would be paranoid if I were them.
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure that an admission or speculation of a DOA UBL would be good for the public at this time. We need the figurehead to express our anger and continuing the war going after the number 2 or 3 guy wouldn't be the same. I'm fearful that the liberals and the press would try their best to convince the public that we are in the mop-up stage of the war.

I believe a October biggie would be for the US Military, Iraqi Army and National guard to clean out all major cities of the riff-raff and subdue the daily violence. This action would take away a big issue of John Kerry's platform.

I understand that John Kerry, if elected, has a four point plan to fix Mt. St. Helens. Wink

Last edited by Redleg on Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am hoping the October Suprise is video of kerry burning the American Flag.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I asked my significant other to watch the repeat of Maj. Gen. Gary Harrell last night. He too saw the smirk and grin. He too is of the opinion that the cat ate the canary. Something is afoot. He even indiated that he couldn't say any more. Keep watching for signs. Its coming.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let it make kerry eat his words when he said BRING IT ON!!!!!

We say BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This general is in charge of special operations forces. I watched the interview almost a week ago, and he was very clear putting more divisions into Afghanistan would be an ineffective endeavor. I was hoping President Bush would have clobbered Kerry with it when Kerry made his demogogic comments about how we diverted resources.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knighthawk wrote:
I am hoping the October Suprise is video of kerry burning the American Flag.

While that is pretty good, I'm hoping it is even worse than that - like burning the flag AND leaving behind the POW's, AND being arrested for illegal meetings with the enemy- - can't run for office from prison!!!

Anyway, seriously - - the other thing I can't figure out is why no one is really talking about his voting records yet.
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this article. I hope its true, but the MSM is loving its horse race and is unlikely to report on anything that could bury his campaign. This could be big.

http://www.cnsnews.com//ViewSpecialReports.asp?Page=\SpecialReports\archive\200410\SPE20041004a.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: